Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Baylor

Thought could use it’s own thread not future rosters

This post did get me concerned as I would bet a lot on it that Zeke Mayo will be next. Sad how this is starting to look.

https://twitter.com/zekexmayo/status...-vUQSXi5WZPy-g

Baylor got an invite to the G League Elite Camp according to this tweet. Look like last year they invited 40 people to the camp, and some of the top performers end up getting an invite to the NBA Draft Combine (60+ players). Aaron Wiggins was one such player last year who participated in both and was drafted 55th. Some (maybe most?) of the G League Elite Camp players who declare go undrafted and end up joining a NBA Summer League team (and eventually a G League team); the lucky ones get a 10 day contract or two-way contract with NBA teams. Jose Alvarado was one such undrafted, two-way player who ended up playing 50+ games this season for the Pelicans and was eventually signed to a 4 year $6.5 million deal.

Max Abmas, for reference, received an NBA Draft Combine invite last year outright and did not participate in the G League Elite Camp.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dthompsonuk1/sta...zUqLOd5ZheSOZQ

Comment

If that is true then good riddance. I hope this is just somebody talking crap.

Comment

Not saying the guy is wrong but I don’t know if I would put much credence in a Twitter account without a profile picture and only 48 followers. I’m not an extensive Twitter user and I don’t tweet anything and I have 116.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

If that is true then good riddance. I hope this is just somebody talking crap.
            Well i cannot remember which paper for sure, but likely the omaha world herald.

i said it a long time ago, he was quoted as saying that he wants the SAME ROLE he had with the jacks but at a place where he can get more exposure, or i think the words were- be on television every night.

and i have also said he is NOT a sure fire nba star. he is talking like he is a sure fire lottery pick. he is not going to get the role he had with the rabbits at Duke or UNC or Kentucky or Kansas or Gonzaga or Michigan or Michigan State and not even at iowa or maybe he could come close at iowa state but i dont think he is even getting that role at creighton

he might get it at nebraska, but the jacks were better than nebraska last year BY A LOT and would be this year too if baylor had just stayed put

ultimately he is gonna go and take the money and be ok with that but he is NOT gonna be THE MAN at any good, P5, team with a good chance to go far in the tourney

i DO NOT beleive there was ever any chance of him coming back DUE TO THE MONEY, but even if he wanted to now, you gotta imagine it would feel pretty embarrassing

VERY SAD!!! the agents who could make money off of him told him that he could have the same role with more exposure, and sadly baylor and or his family bought it. enjoy the money and enjoy playing at a school where they wont remember you for 10 minutes after you are gone

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i said it a long time ago, he was quoted as saying that he wants the SAME ROLE he had with the jacks but at a place where he can get more exposure, or i think the words were- be on television every night.

and i have also said he is NOT a sure fire nba star. he is talking like he is a sure fire lottery pick. he is not going to get the role he had with the rabbits at Duke or UNC or Kentucky or Kansas or Gonzaga or Michigan or Michigan State and not even at iowa or maybe he could come close at iowa state but i dont think he is even getting that role at creighton

he might get it at nebraska, but the jacks were better than nebraska last year BY A LOT and would be this year too if baylor had just stayed put

ultimately he is gonna go and take the money and be ok with that but he is NOT gonna be THE MAN at any good, P5, team with a good chance to go far in the tourney

i DO NOT beleive there was ever any chance of him coming back DUE TO THE MONEY, but even if he wanted to now, you gotta imagine it would feel pretty embarrassing

VERY SAD!!! the agents who could make money off of him told him that he could have the same role with more exposure, and sadly baylor and or his family bought it. enjoy the money and enjoy playing at a school where they wont remember you for 10 minutes after you are gone
              I agree. Money perverted this whole deal. Like others have said, it makes you want to quit watching NCAA MBB and focus on the women’s game. Until that gets perverted too I’m afraid.

Comment

I think the guy is referencing this tweet from the person who is the UK writer for The Atheltic with 66k followers. Here's an associated blog type article from a UK SB Nation page

Comment

Baylor was in a unique situation here where the offense was basically designed around him. He ran the offense, but was also the highest volume 3 point shooter, which doesn't happen very often. It worked here because he developed into the role over a couple of seasons playing with the same core group of players around him. I can see where coaches of already good P5 teams with a number of returning starters might be hesitant to guarantee him that same kind of role. Could result in some unhappy players if they sense that they may get fewer minutes or shots.

Comment

If these rumors are true BS might fully regret listening to
                    the jackals whispering in his ear.

Comment

Where ever BS lands up at, does SDSU get a future #1 high school draft pick from that school? Just read about an unnamed FB recruit of 2023 that has an $8,000,000 NIL contract. $350,000 now and 2 mil/year. Think I heard that Paige Bueckers has around a 1 mil/yr NIL, did see it was around 62K/event.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I 100% agree with everything written here.

It is silly for anyone to think they’re going up a level and have the same role they had at their current level.

There are way too many college players who think they’re NBA material and if BS is one of those guys then he’s getting some bad advice from too many people.

Comment

https://twitter.com/bruceahrenscbb/s...vj4KifeHkUazQw

Creighton or Kansas

Comment

Baylor has to trust his advisors and follow his heart, but I’m afraid they are giving bad advice.

Transfer portal and NIL is going to damage the college game beyond repair - I hope they address it before they completely lose control.

I hate to see a guy we worked to buy in and bring onboard (playforhim3); fall prey to the underbelly of the current broken system and become “payforhim”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                              Baylor has to trust his advisors and follow his heart, but I’m afraid they are giving bad advice.

Transfer portal and NIL is going to damage the college game beyond repair - I hope they address it before they completely lose control.

I hate to see a guy we worked to buy in and bring onboard (playforhim3); fall prey to the underbelly of the current broken system and become “payforhim”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Have to admit that in a situation that certainly has not brought any joy to my life, the "payforhim" just about made me spit out my coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X