No announcement yet.

Noah Freidel Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what happened but I've heard a "major incident" at practice. From the outside looking in and really knowing nothing of it, I think both sides have handled this tough and unfortunate situation great. Friedel appears to have remained a fantastic teammate, he never made himself a distraction. He became the top "scout/practice" player in the country and that had to tremendously help the team day in and day out. It appears like he bought into and accepted what his role was going to be. The coaching staff did not kick him off the team, release a statement, or any sort of attempt to ruin his character.

Who knows who is wrong or what happened, but the fact that we don't know the answer to those questions, means to to me that both sides handled it great. As much as us fans know, we don't need to know what happened.

Comment

I've heard a few stories that I won't divulge here. They do not paint a favorable picture of Noah.

I wish him well, wherever he goes. And I hope he can find some peace through playing.

I do think it was an unnecessary shot at the coaching staff, who went out of their way to not besmirch him in any way. They could have. They could cut him, and went public. But they didn't.

I give him credit for sticking with the team, and supporting his teammates.

But, as someone much earlier in the thread said... this needed to happen. He needs to go somewhere else.

Comment

Familiar faces at number 1 and 7 of this guys current transfer portal rankings…

https://twitter.com/evanmiya/status/...793336838?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
          Familiar faces at number 1 and 7 of this guys current transfer portal rankings…

https://twitter.com/evanmiya/status/...793336838?s=21
          At one point in time David Jenkins was one of the top transfers in the country as well, now he is looking for his 4th team in 6 years..

Comment

I think most of us believe Noah is a very good player and we wish the best for him. I didn't want to see him transfer, but I think it is the best thing for him and for the team. He needs a fresh start.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I’m hearing Washington State is the current leader in the Friedel sweepstakes, but a lot left to talk through and figure out.

Comment

About the time I graduated in 1967, I saw a movie called "The Sterile Cuckoo" Starred Liza Minelli. I remember being greatly influenced and thinking "I want someone just like that." I ran across it a couple of years ago and watched it online. What was I thinking at 22? Pookie (I think that was her name) was a psycho bitch. There was a bit of Pookie in my first, miserable marriage. No wonder my mother warned me about drinking sweet mixed drinks and getting married before I was thirty. I think Noah went out with more class than I would have at such a young age. Most of us are pretty stupid til we get in our thirties. In my case it was probably in my forties. I wish him the best. I wish the coaches and returning team the best. Time to move on.

Comment

https://washingtonstate.forums.rival...9/#post-290569

Yes. Washington State Noah out, Noah in. Harmony in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I've heard a few stories that I won't divulge here. They do not paint a favorable picture of Noah.

I wish him well, wherever he goes. And I hope he can find some peace through playing.

I do think it was an unnecessary shot at the coaching staff, who went out of their way to not besmirch him in any way. They could have. They could cut him, and went public. But they didn't.

I give him credit for sticking with the team, and supporting his teammates.

But, as someone much earlier in the thread said... this needed to happen. He needs to go somewhere else.
                    A source said that he attacked another player physically in practice and a punch was thrown.

Comment

I have stayed out of this topic, because I don't know what happened, and I don't think any more comment is needed on this subject. Apparently something fairly serious happened. Both sides could have said something, but they didn't. Noah's parting shot was unfortunate, and does not provide me with any feeling on his behalf, other than to wish him the best in life and hope that it turns out well for him. Any shots at the coaches is unfortunate and unfair. It is obvious that he did not play. It is obvious to me that he was allowed to stay with the team albeit it a pre-decided agreement, and that he was allowed to finish his school year, paid for by his athletic scholarship. End of story for me, and I hope for all Jackrabbit fans.

Comment

I had a similar response penned and deleted, should likely just go to bed. However, I too was off-put by his parting shot at the coaches and institution and was disappointed with his choice of words. I hope he lands on his feet and sees growth and character development that he needs. Wish he had been a lifelong Jack - but simply hope for him to grow wherever he lands. My Mom used to tell me “bloom where you are planted”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          I have stayed out of this topic, because I don't know what happened, and I don't think any more comment is needed on this subject. Apparently something fairly serious happened. Both sides could have said something, but they didn't. Noah's parting shot was unfortunate, and does not provide me with any feeling on his behalf, other than to wish him the best in life and hope that it turns out well for him. Any shots at the coaches is unfortunate and unfair. It is obvious that he did not play. It is obvious to me that he was allowed to stay with the team albeit it a pre-decided agreement, and that he was allowed to finish his school year, paid for by his athletic scholarship. End of story for me, and I hope for all Jackrabbit fans.
                          Amen, my concern about how Freidel's statement could impact recruiting was alleviated by Mors' signing.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Amen, my concern about how Freidel's statement could impact recruiting was alleviated by Mors' signing.
                            Sounds like it didn’t hurt much if any.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

Sounds like it didn’t hurt much if any.
                              My sentiments exactly

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

We are full for this upcoming year after the Mors signing, by next year everyone will have forgotten about that comment

Comment

Working...
                                X