No announcement yet.

Noah Freidel Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have been a Noah supporter and I wish Noah nothing but success in the future, but I could give a **** less if he takes his talents to south beach.

The chink in Noah’s character (IMO) revealed itself yet again with the parting shot shot in his tweet at the coaching staff that “didn’t support him”. That sounds to me like a child that screwed up again and Noah could no longer talk his way out of it. The coaching staff did the right thing by making him earn his way back and they did it in their schedule, not Noah’s.

The way the coaches handled Noah the past two years could have led to personal growth if Noah were man enough to accept it and do the work to get back on the court.

I believe the Jacks players have a good idea of what truly transpired here and and I think it speaks volumes to the team culture Hendo has built that we don’t know and that itself pisses lots of people off.

As of right now, we have a pretty good group coming back, good recruits coming in along with the Summit Coach of the Year. All is not lost, Go Jacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I commend him for not making it a sideshow this season and for supporting his teammates. That being said, Noah clearly ****ed up somewhere along the way to go from a second chance and starting this fall to riding the bench. Hendo didn’t just bench him “just because” or for attitude reasons. At a basic level, he gets paid a lot of money to win games, and he made a decision to bench an all conference caliber player. There had to be a major incident or series of incidents that lead to that, and Noah’s tweet just looks like blaming the coaches for a lack of mental health support that lead to those incidents transpiring. It’s not the coaches place to say what happened, but if Noah slings dirt like that, it puts them in a weird position with recruits and feeling like they need to defend their decisions. I’m guessing that if whatever happened (and I have no idea what it was) this winter comes out, Noah will be highly embarrassed and everyone will go, “oh, that makes sense why he was riding the pine”. He’s a talented player and I wish it would have worked out, but I’m not sad to see him go and be done with the distraction. That tweet just rubs me the wrong way and comes across very self-absorbed and childish.

Comment

Life is full of decisions. Hopefully, most decisions are the correct ones.
        http://blog.clinicalmonster.com/wp-c...ose-wisely.jpg
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          I commend him for not making it a sideshow this season and for supporting his teammates. That being said, Noah clearly ****ed up somewhere along the way to go from a second chance and starting this fall to riding the bench. Hendo didn’t just bench him “just because” or for attitude reasons. At a basic level, he gets paid a lot of money to win games, and he made a decision to bench an all conference caliber player. There had to be a major incident or series of incidents that lead to that, and Noah’s tweet just looks like blaming the coaches for a lack of mental health support that lead to those incidents transpiring. It’s not the coaches place to say what happened, but if Noah slings dirt like that, it puts them in a weird position with recruits and feeling like they need to defend their decisions. I’m guessing that if whatever happened (and I have no idea what it was) this winter comes out, Noah will be highly embarrassed and everyone will go, “oh, that makes sense why he was riding the pine”. He’s a talented player and I wish it would have worked out, but I’m not sad to see him go and be done with the distraction. That tweet just rubs me the wrong way and comes across very self-absorbed and childish.
          Bingo. He didn't just throw Hendo and the coaches under the bus, he threw the entire athletic department under the bus. I too hope that as many details as legally possible can be released. It isn't fair for one student athlete to paint our athletic department as insensitive and unable or willing to deal with mental health issues. SDSU should defend themselves as best they can.

And if our athletic department is guilty of what Noah is apparently accusing them of, I think that as alumni, supporters and fans we deserve to know that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post

Bingo. He didn't just throw Hendo and the coaches under the bus, he threw the entire athletic department under the bus. I too hope that as many details as legally possible can be released. It isn't fair for one student athlete to paint our athletic department as insensitive and unable or willing to deal with mental health issues. SDSU should defend themselves as best they can.

And if our athletic department is guilty of what Noah is apparently accusing them of, I think that as alumni, supporters and fans we deserve to know that as well.
            Right, I’m fully with you. Someone needs to talk about what happened because that’s a black eye on the athletic department and I absolutely don’t believe that we have a department that isn’t prioritizing those things. I don’t think it’s right that Noah gets the last word on this issue and should be allowed to damage the reputation of the department without some kind of statement on the other side of the story.

Comment

Who cares we get a scholarship back, and can give it to a kid who will give us more than a half a season at a time. It is time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Right, I’m fully with you. Someone needs to talk about what happened because that’s a black eye on the athletic department and I absolutely don’t believe that we have a department that isn’t prioritizing those things. I don’t think it’s right that Noah gets the last word on this issue and should be allowed to damage the reputation of the department without some kind of statement on the other side of the story.
                His statement just confirms for me that he's a very, very troubled young man. But he's an adult and makes his own choices, good and bad. Personally, I think he's making a mistake but he's free to do so.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Noah had to leave SDSU.

He already spent the last year and a half here sitting out. Two years ago it was his decision for his mental health and this season he must have done something wrong in coach Hendo and hiss staff's eyes..

I think, it sounds like Noah thinks he paid his dues and deserved a chance to play again. He must not have done enough in coach Hendo and his staffs eyes. Who knows how the players feel. Even if Noah stayed here all summer and did everything right, would that have been enough for coach Hendo?

If Noah goes to a place like Duke, Kansas or Kentucky, they have athletic budgets that are 100 times SDSU's bughet. Do they have people in their athletic department that know more about mental health than SDSU? Does SDSU have anybody that specializes in mental health? I do not know these answers.

I think Noah seemed like a good teammate the last few months. Even when he got in at the end of games, he was not allowed to play. Would Hendo have pulled him if he tried? He was (by far) the best player on the floor but he shared that ball and deferred to his teammates.

I think Noah feels SDSU would not have lost to Providence if he played. It must be tough to think you can help your teammates but you are not allowed to,

I hope Noah finds a place were he can feel at home. I wish it was at SDSU but sometimes things don't work out how you want.

Comment

Didn’t care for his comment. I wonder if he thinks they would be more supportive by kicking him off the team and removing that support from his life. If he didn’t feel that staying on the team was advantageous to his mental health, he could have quit at any time. I am confident that this coaching staff and entire athletic department provides more support than most in the country. Noah faced consequences for actions he committed. That’s called life. He can’t blame it on lack of support for making poor choices.

Comment

I probably haven’t followed the situation close enough .. Freidel played half the games this year, started half of those. Averaged 14.2/ppg - 3rd in the team. To me, he had the requisite productivity that if available and if he was doing everything he was supposed to do as a teammate that Hendo could/should be playing him. Why wasn’t he available for 17 games this year?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        Noah had to leave SDSU.

He already spent the last year and a half here sitting out. Two years ago it was his decision for his mental health and this season he must have done something wrong in coach Hendo and hiss staff's eyes..

I think, it sounds like Noah thinks he paid his dues and deserved a chance to play again. He must not have done enough in coach Hendo and his staffs eyes. Who knows how the players feel. Even if Noah stayed here all summer and did everything right, would that have been enough for coach Hendo?

If Noah goes to a place like Duke, Kansas or Kentucky, they have athletic budgets that are 100 times SDSU's bughet. Do they have people in their athletic department that know more about mental health than SDSU? Does SDSU have anybody that specializes in mental health? I do not know these answers.

I think Noah seemed like a good teammate the last few months. Even when he got in at the end of games, he was not allowed to play. Would Hendo have pulled him if he tried? He was (by far) the best player on the floor but he shared that ball and deferred to his teammates.

I think Noah feels SDSU would not have lost to Providence if he played. It must be tough to think you can help your teammates but you are not allowed to,

I hope Noah finds a place were he can feel at home. I wish it was at SDSU but sometimes things don't work out how you want.
                        Just curious- is the portion in the center part of your post that is in a different font a quote from someone ?

Comment

I'm aware what Noah did. In my opinion it didn't justify essentially sitting him the rest of the season. If the coaches thought the transgression was that bad perhaps they should have kicked him off the team. I'm sure it was torture for Noah not to play, especially in the postseason tournaments. He seemed to be a positive presence on the bench. Its interesting the assumption seems to be its all Noah's issues. Did the coaches handle this properly?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I'm aware what Noah did. In my opinion it didn't justify essentially sitting him the rest of the season. If the coaches thought the transgression was that bad perhaps they should have kicked him off the team. I'm sure it was torture for Noah not to play, especially in the postseason tournaments. He seemed to be a positive presence on the bench. Its interesting the assumption seems to be its all Noah's issues. Did the coaches handle this properly?
                            Hard to answer when not everyone knows the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Just curious- is the portion in the center part of your post that is in a different font a quote from someone ?
                              No! It WAS NOT a quote.
                              That was a mistake.

This is all my opinion (without knowing what happened) and some questions about was the punishment correct or too harsh. Noah seems (to me) to think he paid more than his dues and who knows if the coaches think he even paid enough.

I think everybody did what they thought was best for him but if the punishment was actually too harsh, his opinion about some other schools might be correct. He might have been out on the court with his teammates playing real minutes. I would hope all coaching staffs would hold him out if that is what is best but we know that isn't how it works some places. Each coach runs their team how they think is best so there will be different ways they handle this.

Bottom line is I hope where he goes the new staff handles him correctly and things get better for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                                Noah had to leave SDSU.

SDSU has a Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT), and Kathy Heylens represents Athletics

Comment

Working...
                                X