• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah Freidel Transferring

https://twitter.com/noah_freidel/sta...506844679?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is for the best for both sides.

Comment

Took a shot at SDSU for not supporting mental health enough. Good luck to the young man.

Really thought he was going to be a Jackrabbit legend when he was a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Took a shot at SDSU for not supporting mental health enough. Good luck to the young man.
        Yeah I noticed that. This is best for both sides and wish him well. I hope he avoids USD for our sake and his. I should say I am very impressed with how he handled himself of the past few months. Obviously a lot of people were talking and he stayed quiet and supported his team. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Really thought he was going to be a Jackrabbit legend when he was a freshman.
          He’s had pretty bad issues since high school, they just weren’t public. From what I’ve heard, I really don’t blame SDSU….. hopefully Freidel can find some peace somewhere else.

Comment

I’d heard this was coming. Nothing but respect for how he handled himself on the court through all this.

I really think an official statement from the university would have been beneficial for all involved.

Comment

The team had unparalleled success this season without him, so I am sure he saw the writing on the wall. His role was never going back to want he preferred. I hope that he lands someplace that will support him on and off the court, but I fear that many schools will only care about the on-court performance.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I commend our coaches for the way they handled this the last two seasons. I trust they did what mattered more for him as a person than as a player. They could’ve said more but also respected privacy. Unpopular decision to many but despite public questioning, we still had maybe our most successful season ever.

Comment

I wish him the best, whether its on the court or not. But to say he didn't receive enough "support" from the program is untrue. I hope he finds a good fit but the staff did everything they could for him. Fact. I am afraid a "big" offer could come calling and if he messes up they will toss him into the "dumpster" so to speak. Good Luck Noah.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    I wish him the best, whether its on the court or not. But to say he didn't receive enough "support" from the program is untrue. I hope he finds a good fit but the staff did everything they could for him. Fact. I am afraid a "big" offer could come calling and if he messes up they will toss him into the "dumpster" so to speak. Good Luck Noah.
                    I agree with this. I have been a Noah supporter, and was sure hoping he could crack back into the lineup at the end of the year. But the simple fact that the coaches did not broadcast the issues to the public when constantly being asked by media was respectful in my opinion. I wasn't a huge fan of that not so subtill shot at the coaches. It also puts the coaches in a bad place, as they are not able to defend their decisions or it will appear as if they are not being sensitive of his mental health. I'm guessing the team that gives him another opportunity will be more about giving him a longer leash, than it will be about being more committed to supporting his mental health. You can't convince me that our coaching staff was not supportive of their players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I agree with this. I have been a Noah supporter, and was sure hoping he could crack back into the lineup at the end of the year. But the simple fact that the coaches did not broadcast the issues to the public when constantly being asked by media was respectful in my opinion. I wasn't a huge fan of that not so subtill shot at the coaches. It also puts the coaches in a bad place, as they are not able to defend their decisions or it will appear as if they are not being sensitive of his mental health. I'm guessing the team that gives him another opportunity will be more about giving him a longer leash, than it will be about being more committed to supporting his mental health. You can't convince me that our coaching staff was not supportive of their players.
                      SDSU staff is not on the hook for this one. They are a standup group and did what was needed. No further discussion is needed on the "lack of support" from SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I agree with this. I wish him the best but I have to admit I lost a lot respect for Noah with that statement. I thought the athletic department handled it well. Have to wonder if they now have any regrets?

Comment

Hope Noah finds a place where he can play and find peace of mind. Also wish he would have taken a higher road in his statement.

Comment

I wish him the best but the kid needs to grow up and take responsibility for his own actions. To come out with that statement after all this shows there is still some room to grow in maturity.

Comment

That's too bad. I love Hendo for handling it the way he did. I don't know what happened, it is none of my business and it was handled exactly as it should have been. Best of luck to Noah.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X