No announcement yet.

NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This does not make me happy either, really.

Chris Fallica

@chrisfallica
    Providence is currently a 2-point favorite over South Dakota State. There has never been a 4-seed this short of a favorite in R64. Both 4 seeds which were 2.5-pt favorites lost outright - Vandy to Murray State in 2010 and Dayton to Tulsa in 2003.
    We've been the trendy upset pick before in the NCAA and it hasn't worked out very well.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• yes it would be great to be underestimated and overlooked!! but with our historically good 3pt shooting we are a VERY obvious trendy pick to upset someone. combine this with them getting blown out in their last game and we DEFINITELY cannot count on them overlooking us

Comment

• On the bright side, maybe most non-Providence fans in the building will choose the Jackrabbits in their brackets and will be cheering for us.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

• We are going to have to shoot out of our minds to win this one. The good thing is, we shoot out of our minds on a regular basis. The Friars are the favorite and they deserve to be, but we've got a punchers chance this go round. Go Jacks!!
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Jacks just need to hold to their averages, and they should succeed in moving on. Need to have good d, as Friars will be all about using height advantages and try to shut down Jacks game inside.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• For those of us without TruTV I see there is a watch link on gojacks. I click on it and it brings me to what appears to be a site to watch the game. My only question is when its time to play will that be a free link or a pay per view deal?

Comment

• neat to see Scheierman and Wilson pop up on some espn+ articles
                March Madness 2022: Top 25 players in the NCAA tournament - Doug is 23rd - rankings based on college performance
                2022 NBA mock draft: Drafting players competing in the NCAA tournament - Baylor is #49

Comment

• Jay Bilas on PTI defined South Dakota State as the best long shot in the tournament. Talked about it’s scoring and shooting percentages. Went on to make fun of the mascot but spoke nicely of the bball Jacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                    Jay Bilas on PTI defined South Dakota State as the best long shot in the tournament. Talked about it’s scoring and shooting percentages. Went on to make fun of the mascot but spoke nicely of the bball Jacks.
                    Like Hoosiers, Buckeyes, Gophers, Cornhuskers, Ducks, Beavers, Terrapins, among many others aren't make-fun-worthy), too...
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

Like Hoosiers, Buckeyes, Gophers, Cornhuskers, Ducks, Beavers, Terrapins, among many others aren't make-fun-worthy), too...
                      No press is bad press, right? The “Jackrabbit brand” appears to be getting more airtime than previous on NCAA trips. It will blow up if we can just get that first win.

Comment

• Zimmer just tweeted a pic of Appel practicing in Buffalo.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Zimmer just tweeted a pic of Appel practicing in Buffalo.
                          That is the best news of the day !

Comment

• Two former Jackrabbit Coaches on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X