No announcement yet.

GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on Hendo’s comments from Tuesday, I’m guessing Noah is done for this year. He must have really screwed up. Hope he can figure it out at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Based on Hendo’s comments from Tuesday, I’m guessing Noah is done for this year. He must have really screwed up. Hope he can figure it out at some point.
      What were his comments? I wasnt able to listen. Hopefully what ever is next for Noah he learns and is better for it.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Zimmer talked about it at length on this week's John Gaskin podcast. He's the one who provoked the comments from Hendo. Zimmer definitely thinks Noah is done for the year. I think he's right.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1532055592

This team is damn good without him. Look at what Mims is doing off the bench, in particular. Making 57% of 46 3's is amazing. You have to wonder how the team dynamic might change if Noah suddenly started getting minutes. The added depth would obviously be very nice, but you have to wonder if it would really all be sunshine and lollipops at this point.

Comment

Paul Bruns numbers were not the best as he shot 2-9 FG(7 points). 2-2 FT, 4 boards, & 1 assist. Zeke Mayo added 11 points on 4-7 shooting and 6 boards. Zeke might be in the FOY discussion as well.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Zimmer talked about it at length on this week's John Gaskin podcast. He's the one who provoked the comments from Hendo. Zimmer definitely thinks Noah is done for the year. I think he's right.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1532055592

This team is damn good without him. Look at what Mims is doing off the bench, in particular. Making 57% of 46 3's is amazing. You have to wonder how the team dynamic might change if Noah suddenly started getting minutes. The added depth would obviously be very nice, but you have to wonder if it would really all be sunshine and lollipops at this point.
            Good pod cast. I should probably listen to this more often, but so many other things I listen too not enough hours in the day.

I have to agree with Zims take and I am glad he addresses it. To sum up, Zim asks will we see Noah again this season and Hendo summed up there are things bigger then basketball and Zim mentions its hard not to speculate with out much info so either is he going to play or why not kick him off the team....is it to protect him to transfer etc.... He addresses it with out going to far at it. But Hendo basically didn't mention anything about a chance of Noah getting back in the rotation.

Zim also mentioned just like here, some want to know to much, others act like its non of our business to know. but he is essentially a public figure, the best basketball player on the best team in the state......and Zim take was in the middle. Like I felt, a little transparency goes a long way.

Its the elephant in the room so glad they are talking about it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Don’t you think “must have done something pretty bad and hope he figures it out” is a bit presumptuous? You know nothing about why Noah is not currently playing. I’d be curious to see what Hendo says if asked to specifically, if the reason Noah is not playing is because he broke a team rule, what team rule did Noah violate?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack View Post
                Don’t you think “must have done something pretty bad and hope he figures it out” is a bit presumptuous? You know nothing about why Noah is not currently playing. I’d be curious to see what Hendo says if asked to specifically, if the reason Noah is not playing is because he broke a team rule, what team rule did Noah violate?
                Im not speculating on what he did, but clearly something happened that coaches aren't going to play him. A coach isn't going to sit your best shooter for 8 games in conference for being late to practice once. Could be one big thing or a bunch of small stuff....Either way what ever he did was bad enough to miss this many games, and probably a lot more. It could be academic, it could be a bunch of stuff, but im not going down that road. but what ever it was I think is safe to say its bad enough. He hasn't been kicked off the team so it couldn't be completely egregious .

Hendo should know or expect this question is going to come up.......You can tell the media a head of time that we aren't going to answer any Noah F questions so don't ask, or if the questions comes up, say we aren't going to talk about that.....He answered it, but fairly vaguely. If Noah was going to get back at any point this season, the easy answer would have been, Noah knows what's expected from him on and off the court and is working hard to make that happen and we will address his playing time when and if we see the growth and expectations we are looking for. Didn't say he was done, didn't say he was even close to returning with an answer like that. The end of the season is coming soon, so its a fair question to ask and if you set him out this long, are you going to bring him back for the last game or two of the season? Your blowing out UND and he doesn't even deserve garbage time to get in? I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions to that but seems rather telling.

Comment

Gaskin & Zimmer seem offended that the coaching staff and Freidel are not wanting to share the personal information. They have been getting some mileage on the podcast screaming that they should have this information now. These guys have made Freidel a "public person" that entitles them to unrestricted access to his thoughts. Good Grief!! They are just trying to make a living and attain relevance....privacy be damned. I think Hendo can handle the heat from this pair. Go Jacks!!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Gaskin & Zimmer seem offended that the coaching staff and Freidel are not wanting to share the personal information. They have been getting some mileage on the podcast screaming that they should have this information now. These guys have made Freidel a "public person" that entitles them to unrestricted access to his thoughts. Good Grief!! They are just trying to make a living and attain relevance....privacy be damned. I think Hendo can handle the heat from this pair. Go Jacks!!
                    I didnt see it that way at all. They are the media, and are suppose to ask questions. They arent paid by SDSU to only cover what SDSU wants to discuss.......

Zim I think is trying to balance the, it needs to be addressed, but we dont need every specific detail. Zims questions was, if we will see Noah again this season.....Hendos answer was vague at best. He didnt ask what the violation was of team rules.....its been like 8 or 9 games he has missed, but has been in uniform and doing warm ups etc. the best shooter/player on the team who is the best in the conference? Im sorry, but being a D-1 athlete that you can profit off your NIL, you are going to have questions asked. If he was the 6 man off of a bad team in the conference, no one would really care, or probably even notice. Its an elephant in the room as much as you or others don't like it. I don't care to know what he did, but I think the coaching staff should be able to answer yes or no questions. Hendo could have taken the easy out and said, as of this week Noah will not be in any games this week and if he makes the progress and expectations that could change.....

I don't think the best scorer on a team in the big 10 could sit out all the conference games with out it being brought up constantly...

I'm going to support SDSU who ever is on the floor, but I'm not going to blindly sit by and wonder why arguably one of the best 3 pt shooters in the nation cant get in during garbage time after missing 8 games).

Im not trying to make it a big deal or blow it out of proportion, but it something that cant be avoided for long.

Comment

well apparently those of you who feel that you MUST talk about this topic have outlets where that conversation is welcome.

you have made your thoughts clear here many many MANY times. do you think suddenly the feelings of others are going to change if you keep repeating the same points?

many people here including the administrator have asked for this topic to END. please take the hint and talk about this in the places where other people want to talk about it.

none of my or any other responses to you have changed your thoughts either. so apparently we will just have to disagree, but i am done beating my head against the wall and i hope filbert will quickly lock this thread also if others continue to go down this road which has already been shut down.

Hare to your point, i have no idea who gaskin is, and maybe i am not totally correct but i have never believed that zimmer is a supporter of sdsu. i believe he is and always has been an augie fan. after daum and tj and dj left he very happily predicted an END to jackrabbit MBB success.

maybe i am wrong but if he is a supporter he has a strange way of showing it. it seems a shame that the argus cannot find one journalist who actually supports the biggest, best, and most successful university in the state. the entire state including usd and augie have benefitted from the decisions and actions by sdsu. yet zimmer always seems to be happy to try to put a black eye on the jacks or to predict that others will surpass them

Comment

With all that Noah disclosed last year about dealing with depression and other issue it makes it pretty much impossible for the coaches to be able to comment any more than they have now due to HIPPA and other rules. I'm sure it is more frustrating for them than it is for the media and fans.

I just wish the best for him no matter how it all shakes out. That said, I'm not insinuating that some don't have his best interest.

Time to talk about NDSU! Let's put the horns down Saturday!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          With all that Noah disclosed last year about dealing with depression and other issue it makes it pretty much impossible for the coaches to be able to comment any more than they have now due to HIPPA and other rules. I'm sure it is more frustrating for them than it is for the media and fans.

I just wish the best for him no matter how it all shakes out. That said, I'm not insinuating that some don't have his best interest.

Time to talk about NDSU! Let's put the horns down Saturday!

SUPERBUNNY
                          right on super!!! this is a BIG game saturday. not to take anything for granted and some of the not top teams in summit are MORE than dangerous!! i mean STU i think is sitting 8th in the conference and they are scary. catch them on a hot night when you are cold and they can beat anyone

but that all said, the most obvious way for the jacks to not be outright regular season champs would be to lose both games this time around to bison and ORU. winning this game would really put the jacks in control of conference and take away the easiest path for the bison to get back in the championship conversation after some possibly unexpected losses. hoping we put a rare whipping on ndsu. we were on our way to that up there and true to their usual form they are hard to put away. lets put them down and step on their throat and not let up until the final horn

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

right on super!!! this is a BIG game saturday. not to take anything for granted and some of the not top teams in summit are MORE than dangerous!! i mean STU i think is sitting 8th in the conference and they are scary. catch them on a hot night when you are cold and they can beat anyone

but that all said, the most obvious way for the jacks to not be outright regular season champs would be to lose both games this time around to bison and ORU. winning this game would really put the jacks in control of conference and take away the easiest path for the bison to get back in the championship conversation after some possibly unexpected losses. hoping we put a rare whipping on ndsu. we were on our way to that up there and true to their usual form they are hard to put away. lets put them down and step on their throat and not let up until the final horn
                            NDSU will basically be playing their third game in four days, plus last night going OT. Griesel played 42 minutes, Kreuser 37 and Eady 36. A fast pace should favor the Jacks, especially as the game gets to the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

NDSU will basically be playing their third game in four days, plus last night going OT. Griesel played 42 minutes, Kreuser 37 and Eady 36. A fast pace should favor the Jacks, especially as the game gets to the second half.
                              no doubt a fast pace is in our favor. probably for many reasons, but we are obviously comfortable in a shootout, scoring almost 90 a game.

that said bison are traditionally about as difficult to speed up as ANY team i can think of. on top of that we do not play the style of D that encourages teams to speed up. our way of speeding them up is to get ahead by so much that they start to need more possessions. of course as demonstrated last time against them we can do that. this time we just need to keep taking care of business one possession at a time all the way to the horn

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                                well apparently those of you who feel that you MUST talk about this topic have outlets where that conversation is welcome.

you have made your thoughts clear here many many MANY times. do you think suddenly the feelings of others are going to change if you keep repeating the same points?

many people here including the administrator have asked for this topic to END. please take the hint and talk about this in the places where other people want to talk about it.

none of my or any other responses to you have changed your thoughts either. so apparently we will just have to disagree, but i am done beating my head against the wall and i hope filbert will quickly lock this thread also if others continue to go down this road which has already been shut down.

Hare to your point, i have no idea who gaskin is, and maybe i am not totally correct but i have never believed that zimmer is a supporter of sdsu. i believe he is and always has been an augie fan. after daum and tj and dj left he very happily predicted an END to jackrabbit MBB success.

maybe i am wrong but if he is a supporter he has a strange way of showing it. it seems a shame that the argus cannot find one journalist who actually supports the biggest, best, and most successful university in the state. the entire state including usd and augie have benefitted from the decisions and actions by sdsu. yet zimmer always seems to be happy to try to put a black eye on the jacks or to predict that others will surpass them

I tend to appreciate Zimmer's perspective as a more impartial Jacks media figure. Do I miss Terry Vandrovec at times? Sure, but I'll admit that's largely due to Terry having frequent online chats with fans, rather than any other "deficiency" I perceive in Zim's reporting.

Tom Nieman provides a somewhat more "Jacks-centered" perspective, which I also appreciate, and Tyler is my favorite announcer if I can't watch and/or just want to listen to stellar radio commentary while watching road games. I'd rather not have Zimmer be nearer Tyler, or even Tom Nieman, on the "Jacks support continuum." Nevertheless, I selfishly hope that Tyler remains the Jacks' radio voice until he retires.

If you listen to the aforementioned podcast, Zimmer and Gaskins delved into one rumor pertaining to Freidel's suspension (it was not directly related to mental health struggles from last year, but I'm with you on not needing to discuss Freidel's absence further, so I'll just say that rumor centers on conduct during practice).

Comment

Working...
                                X