GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

NDSU will basically be playing their third game in four days, plus last night going OT. Griesel played 42 minutes, Kreuser 37 and Eady 36. A fast pace should favor the Jacks, especially as the game gets to the second half.
    Attack Kreuser relentlessly with the Doug/Luke combo and put him on the bench with 2 fouls early in the game. Good things will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I tend to appreciate Zimmer's perspective as a more impartial Jacks media figure. Do I miss Terry Vandrovec at times? Sure, but I'll admit that's largely due to Terry having frequent online chats with fans, rather than any other "deficiency" I perceive in Zim's reporting.

Tom Nieman provides a somewhat more "Jacks-centered" perspective, which I also appreciate, and Tyler is my favorite announcer if I can't watch and/or just want to listen to stellar radio commentary while watching road games. I'd rather not have Zimmer be nearer Tyler, or even Tom Nieman, on the "Jacks support continuum." Nevertheless, I selfishly hope that Tyler remains the Jacks' radio voice until he retires.

If you listen to the aforementioned podcast, Zimmer and Gaskins delved into one rumor pertaining to Freidel's suspension (it was not directly related to mental health struggles from last year, but I'm with you on not needing to discuss Freidel's absence further, so I'll just say that rumor centers on conduct during practice).
      I definitely enjoyed Terry more, but i appreciate other opinions regarding zim. i would really love to be proven wrong. I DO NOT think a journalist MUST be a fan of the team to be the dedicated reporter for said team, but i do prefer they be at least somewhat a fan. but i always feel the tone is much more fanlike in his coverage of augie, in comparison to his coverage of the jacks. i think terry kept up with the chats because he did not get sick of rabbit fans acting like rabbit fans. i think zim gets tired of that. i dont even know the last time he did a chat, but i have kind of given up on the angus liar so that is probably why for that

i definitely agree with you about tyler. he is very good. in my mind he is not as good as steve imming, but that could have to do with the time period that steve was there and where i was at in my life. maybe if i listened to a broadcast from each one side by side, i would feel different. but at the moment i see steve as a bit better, while still enjoying tyler very much

the other radio people can be tough to listen to at times. i used to enjoy scotty k but i feel like his game calling has deteriorated. Brad P i really debate if i can listen or not when he calls the game. i REALLY hate to say that too. i grew up with brad and graduated with him and i think he is one of the absolutely kindest, nicest people you could ever meet!!! i simply do not enjoy his game calling.

the midco tv folks all seem similar, somewhere between slightly above and slightly below average. Elson seems the most biased, in my perspective. i thought easily the best one was kelly or kristy, whatever her name was Stewart. she did not call that many games, but i thought she was informative and i thought did easily the best job of any of them to call the game WITHOUT bias. i was sad to have her go. and has nothing to do with her being undifficult to look at. they have had plenty of that

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Attack Kreuser relentlessly with the Doug/Luke combo and put him on the bench with 2 fouls early in the game. Good things will follow.
        I feel it is my duty to point out the opportunity for the Dairy Bar to make "Appel Apple" and "Wasabi Wilson" ice cream their newest flavor combo. NIL details can be divvied out accordingly

Comment

I feel it is my duty to point out the opportunity for the Dairy Bar to make "Appel Apple" and "Wasabi Wilson" ice cream their newest flavor combo. NIL details can be divvied out accordingly
          i hope and pray that your recommendation for the flavor connected to Zeke is connected to Zeke and NOT NOT NOT Mayo. i want nothing to do with Mayo flavored ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I definitely enjoyed Terry more, but i appreciate other opinions regarding zim. i would really love to be proven wrong. I DO NOT think a journalist MUST be a fan of the team to be the dedicated reporter for said team, but i do prefer they be at least somewhat a fan. but i always feel the tone is much more fanlike in his coverage of augie, in comparison to his coverage of the jacks. i think terry kept up with the chats because he did not get sick of rabbit fans acting like rabbit fans. i think zim gets tired of that. i dont even know the last time he did a chat, but i have kind of given up on the angus liar so that is probably why for that

i definitely agree with you about tyler. he is very good. in my mind he is not as good as steve imming, but that could have to do with the time period that steve was there and where i was at in my life. maybe if i listened to a broadcast from each one side by side, i would feel different. but at the moment i see steve as a bit better, while still enjoying tyler very much

the other radio people can be tough to listen to at times. i used to enjoy scotty k but i feel like his game calling has deteriorated. Brad P i really debate if i can listen or not when he calls the game. i REALLY hate to say that too. i grew up with brad and graduated with him and i think he is one of the absolutely kindest, nicest people you could ever meet!!! i simply do not enjoy his game calling.

the midco tv folks all seem similar, somewhere between slightly above and slightly below average. Elson seems the most biased, in my perspective. i thought easily the best one was kelly or kristy, whatever her name was Stewart. she did not call that many games, but i thought she was informative and i thought did easily the best job of any of them to call the game WITHOUT bias. i was sad to have her go. and has nothing to do with her being undifficult to look at. they have had plenty of that
            I agree re. Kelly Stewart. She reined in her 'Yotedom in a manner Brad Newitt fails to.

I'd also argue that Twitter didn't have the breadth during TV's tenure that it does during Zim's, and I think that's been a replacement for the chats.

Comment

i hope and pray that your recommendation for the flavor connected to Zeke is connected to Zeke and NOT NOT NOT Mayo. i want nothing to do with Mayo flavored ice cream
              Could try to entice the hipsters and have a wheatgrass-infused smoothie for the smooth-shooting Kansan.

Comment

I agree re. Kelly Stewart. She reined in her 'Yotedom in a manner Brad Newitt fails to.

I'd also argue that Twitter didn't have the breadth during TV's tenure that it does during Zim's, and I think that's been a replacement for the chats.
                Yep, if someone was later to the area and did not know that she played hoops at the nations biggest outdoor toilet (the giant craphole) in the southern part of our wonderful state, they would never have guessed from her announcing.

i wonder WHY do you point out Mr Newitt as biased? just because every time Hannah S elbows someone in the throat or throws them to the ground, he says something like i am not sure there was really much of a foul there, or i think that one could easily have been called either way

Comment

Yep, if someone was later to the area and did not know that she played hoops at the nations biggest outdoor toilet (the giant craphole) in the southern part of our wonderful state, they would never have guessed from her announcing.

i wonder WHY do you point out Mr Newitt as biased? just because every time Hannah S elbows someone in the throat or throws them to the ground, he says something like i am not sure there was really much of a foul there, or i think that one could easily have been called either way
                  Yes, he seems to save those comments for calls or non-calls in the Jacks' favor.

Comment

With TV, a big part of the chats were about recruiting, and I believe Zimmer has said that he doesn't follow that very closely.

Comment

With TV, a big part of the chats were about recruiting, and I believe Zimmer has said that he doesn't follow that very closely.
                      yep ticket i do think i remember him saying that also. so if you take recruiting out of the conversation, i think the other parts of the conversation became repetitive and tiresome to him. i kind of enjoyed the chats but the lack of chats is not the real issue for me.

i guess mostly i feel like he often takes much too much pleasure in the jacks failures. particularly for a person who benefits as much as he does from their successes

Comment

How Zimmer misrepresented the nice speech ND's wbb coach Muffit McGraw gave after her teams game with the Jacks, thanking them and showing her admiration for our team and the fans, how much she enjoyed the game, which he said was a self-serving slight of some kind instead really showed his arrogance to me, only his misguided interpretation was the only valid one in his mind...Just an out-of-left-field conclusion he came up with. To me, he's an egotistical, arrogant, self-serving and misguided individual for some of the things he dreams up in his head, too outspoken and brash, quick to judge as he sees fit, warranted or not, don't like his personality at all .I guess we are warranted to evaluate Zimmers role as beat reporter, and voice an opinion, after all, he is a public figure, that seems to be ample justification, according to his perspective anyway.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-28-2022, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Well, that and medical redshirts for a certain former Jacks QB.

Podcasts are also more en vogue these days along with blogs like JI. I just liked chats because I could read them in their entirety, which is increasingly difficult with Twitter, and they were more interactive in real time

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            How Zimmer misrepresented the nice speech ND's wbb coach Muffit McGraw gave after her teams game with the Jacks, thanking them and showing her admiration for our team and the fans, how much she enjoyed the game, which he said was a self-serving slight of some kind instead really showed his arrogance to me, only his misguided interpretation was the only valid one in his mind...Just an out-of-left-field conclusion he came up with. To me, he's an egotistical, arrogant, self-serving and misguided individual for some of the things he dreams up in his head, too outspoken and brash, quick to judge as he sees fit, warranted or not, don't like his personality at all .I guess we are warranted to evaluate Zimmers role as beat reporter, and voice an opinion, after all, he is a public figure, that seems to be ample justification, according to his perspective anyway.
                            Dang, this has me thinking we need an "Under8ed Arians"-flavored ice cream in which 8oz of peanut butter are blended into chocolate ice cream. Cubby's can get in on the party by offering a WI-cheese themed burger and/or wrap for pregaming.

Seriously though, can you refresh my mind on what Zimmer said after the Notre Dame game?

Comment

Dang, this has me thinking we need an "Under8ed Arians"-flavored ice cream in which 8oz of peanut butter are blended into chocolate ice cream. Cubby's can get in on the party by offering a WI-cheese themed burger and/or wrap for pregaming.

Seriously though, can you refresh my mind on what Zimmer said after the Notre Dame game?
                              He didn't feel her impromptu asking for the public address mike was "proper" to , realistically, heap praise on our wbb team and she called our fans out as great fans and thanking them for coming to the game. In his illogical way of thinking, she was merely "grandstanding" and it was "disrespectful" to our team, he gave an example of how "other coaches" don't feel the need to do that, possibly not taking into account that she thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was moved to show her appreciation and that it was a wonderful thing for wbb to play in that type environment. The only person who showed "disrespect" was Zimmer. He reflected badly on SDSU by his unwarranted criticism of the visiting Coach that day, sometimes saying less is saying more, he embarrassed himself is all he did with his outlandish comments and character assassination of a coach, who, if you go back and get a chance to hear what she said, in no way did she ever say anything disparaging our disrespectful. That was the gist of his tirade.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

He didn't feel her impromptu asking for the public address mike was "proper" to , realistically, heap praise on our wbb team and she called our fans out as great fans and thanking them for coming to the game. In his illogical way of thinking, she was merely "grandstanding" and it was "disrespectful" to our team, he gave an example of how "other coaches" don't feel the need to do that, possibly not taking into account that she thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was moved to show her appreciation and that it was a wonderful thing for wbb to play in that type environment. The only person who showed "disrespect" was Zimmer. He reflected badly on SDSU by his unwarranted criticism of the visiting Coach that day, sometimes saying less is saying more, he embarrassed himself is all he did with his outlandish comments and character assassination of a coach, who, if you go back and get a chance to hear what she said, in no way did she ever say anything disparaging our disrespectful. That was the gist of his tirade.
                                Thank you for the reminder. I recall McGraw was complimentary of fan support, team quality, and the Jacks' scheduling marquee opponents in the days leading to the game as well, but I failed to find an article or blog post from Zimmer with the tone you described, so I appreciate the context. Ironically, I may now vaguely recall that the description you detailed may have occurred in one of the aforementioned weekly chats when he was asked about it.

I disagree with his logic on topics like the prudence of alcohol sales appreciably boosting attendance when he'll repeatedly note that the Jacks have a "commuter" fanbase, but I guess his other content hasn't struck the nerve with me that it has with you, and I'd hope we can acknowledge that if he were snarky or confrontational regarding McGraw he hasn't really been in interactions with folks like Stig after his DUI or Hendo with his "Freidel management," so maybe he's a misfiring "coach character assassin"

Comment

Working...
                                X