GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Fighting Hawks vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

UND comes to Frost playing above their 0-7 conference totals. Unfortunately they are also 0-10 for road games this season. UND FOY candidate Paul Bruns is leading the team at 14.1 pgm & 5.2 rebounds. Last week the FHawks played within 4 at ORU & within 5 at KC. They will toss about 43.4% of their shots up from beyond the arc which average 32.3%. There are 2 starters who transferred into UND. UND has had their share of injuries as well as portal transfers from last year, but they will likely win a game sometime in conference. The Jackrabbits have had their Idaho game earlier and a loss is not in focus for tonight. The game plan should contain a firm win at Frost. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I’ll be there. By the end of the game I’m hoping Coach Sather is dreaming of going back to his days in Aberdeen. GBGBGJ

Comment

It will be interesting to watch Paul Bruns, UND's leading scorer. He is a 6-4 freshman guard from Jefferson, S.D. and Dakota Valley High School. He was generally considered a good, D-2 prospect while in high school, but he's proving to be pretty solid in D-1. UND Head Coach Paul Sather apparently became aware of Bruns while coaching at Northern State, and he recuited Bruns to play for the Fighting Hawks after he took the head coaching job at Grand Forks.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Another point of interest about UND: Zach Horstman, an assistant coach for the Fighting Hawks, attended SDSU and played in more than 100 games for the Jackrabbits. The Winner, S.D. native previously was on Paul Sather's coaching staff at Northern.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          It will be interesting to watch Paul Bruns, UND's leading scorer. He is a 6-4 freshman guard from Jefferson, S.D. and Dakota Valley High School. He was generally considered a good, D-2 prospect while in high school, but he's proving to be pretty solid in D-1. UND Head Coach Paul Sather apparently became aware of Bruns while coaching at Northern State, and he recuited Bruns to play for the Fighting Hawks after he took the head coaching job at Grand Forks.
          Bruns has been fun to watch in both high school and college. If he progresses more in his years up there I might regret us not recruiting him eventually, but right now considering our roster you have to wonder is USD misses him more due to their roster and how he was right in their back yard. He also has a little brother but I am not sure what his recruiting is looking like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard through the grapevine that the Brother is likely to follow to UND. (I don't think that was announced or anything, I just heard a couple of folks talking. Could be Horse Hockey.)

Comment

I have not paid too much attention to HS hoops so far this year. but i did coach at DV for 4 years. one of my sources there had told me previously that they believe the youngest ( of 3) Bruns brothers will be the best.
              i think the next is a senior this year and it seemed clear that he was not quite as good as paul, but maybe playing outside of pauls shadow this year he is looking more like a D1 prospect.

not sure the youngest name but i believe he is a freshman or sophomore this year

i have been meaning to talk to some of the coaches who play DV and see what they think. but if either of the younger two has potential to be better than paul maybe we can put some doubt in their mind about following in his footsteps to get whipped by the jacks for 4 years

i do feel like sather is a good coach and has a good chance to make that program better. that said i am not willing to bet anything significant that he gets them to reside consistently in the top tier of the conference

Comment

UND simply doesn't have the personnel to guard two bigs.

Comment

nice little tidbit in the mid-major article from our pal Kevin Connors at espn
                  "When South Dakota State hosts North Dakota Thursday in Frost Arena they'll do so with the best home winning percentage in all of college basketball over the past decade! The Jackrabbits are 136-7 in Brookings since the 2011-12 season, a .951 winning percentage. Gonzaga is second with a .948 winning percentage."

Comment

It's a beautiful thing to watch when a team moves the ball like the Jacks are tonight.

Comment

Wilson, Appel and Dentlinger are having a great game down low. UND can't stop any of them. Even Fiegen has contributed at the post. It's going to be a long season for the Fighting Hawks.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks win impressively, 96-61, and go 9-0 in conference race.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

David can still snipe it. Fun to see him get a good 10 min of run at the end. Always rooting for that guy!

Comment

Great win. Jacks keep rolling with their leading scorer on the bench. Pretty impressive the depth this team has.

Saturday will be interesting. Yesterday was the 1/2 way point of the conference slate. Do we see Noah in the 2nd half or is he done for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Great win. Jacks keep rolling with their leading scorer on the bench. Pretty impressive the depth this team has.

Saturday will be interesting. Yesterday was the 1/2 way point of the conference slate. Do we see Noah in the 2nd half or is he done for the year?
                              That's my guess. If he comes back it will be the half way point. if he doesn't, I don't see him coming back....and they wouldn't just bring him back for tournament games I doubt. What ever he did he sure messed up if that's what does happen.

At ORU is the only game I can think right now that could be a coin flip. This team is just playing at such a high level. I was working last night but had both the mens and womens game on the computer so it was hard to watch closely, but both teams looked really sharp.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X