Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
    I know that Arians and Dentlinger will not be back. Who else: Mims? Easley? Fiegen?
    Fiegen no. Everyone else yes.

Comment

I know that Arians and Dentlinger will not be back. Who else: Mims? Easley? Fiegen?
      Fiegen was on the coaches radio show and stated that he is graduating and will not be returning..

Comment

Mims and Easley are both juniors, or did I miss something suggesting they wouldn't return next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Mims and Easley are both juniors, or did I miss something suggesting they wouldn't return next season?
          If I had to pick a Jacks player least likely to portal, Mimsy would likely be my choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

i dont intend to speak for anyone, but i do not think there was any intent to suggest anything. i think it was just a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If I had to pick a Jacks player least likely to portal, Mimsy would likely be my choice.

i am a strong strong believer in never say never!! but i feel like it will be somewhat of a surprise if anyone leaves this year. I LIKE OUR TEAM and i think we will be as good or better bet than anyone to win the league next year, but did anyone on our team dominate this league consistently enough this year to make some big school booster offer them a pile of money to come and play in a stronger conference??

Comment

• It was DEFINITELY only a question. Read somewhere how he has significantly improved each of the 4 years. Forgot about the covid year. Didn’t know what year Easley was in. Also forgot about Covid

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Glad to hear that. I enjoy watching him and admire his defensive tenacity and 3pt prowess.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    That'

i am a strong strong believer in never say never!! but i feel like it will be somewhat of a surprise if anyone leaves this year. I LIKE OUR TEAM and i think we will be as good or better bet than anyone to win the league next year, but did anyone on our team dominate this league consistently enough this year to make some big school booster offer them a pile of money to come and play in a stronger conference??
                    I'd tend to agree with you.

Alternate question is might a coach see upside and make an offer, making it less about a pile of money and more about a more "noteworthy" conference or league that the player could eventually leverage into the NIL deal(s) you allude to.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i dont intend to speak for anyone, but i do not think there was any intent to suggest anything. i think it was just a question.
                      That's been confirmed. Just seemed interestingly framed given both players' statuses.

Comment

• We need to upgrade talent. ORU was more talented than we were at EVERY position on the floor. Ofcourse they are more talented than everybody else in the summit league also. The fact is they are the only team that is built to win games in the big dance. Them representing the SL is a good thing.

Comment

• This year, agree. Last year, the Jacks were that team. Next year ORU loses about everybody.
                          This change happens about every year. The Jacks have been remarkable staying at or near the top so long.
                          Next year it would be good if the Jacks could find a big player to go with the young upcoming stars. They seem to do so regularly.

Comment

• The worm turns fast in CBB. Last season the Jacks ran the table, and the ORU team that went to the Sweet 16 didn't make it past the semi's. We lost two significant players from that team and it was ORU's turn this season. If they lose 4 or 5 players as rumored, and maybe their coach, they will not be anywhere close to the team they were this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              We need to upgrade talent. ORU was more talented than we were at EVERY position on the floor. Ofcourse they are more talented than everybody else in the summit league also. The fact is they are the only team that is built to win games in the big dance. Them representing the SL is a good thing.
                              When you graduate/lose in one year the POY for the last two years your talent level is going to drop. What did you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                                When you graduate/lose in one year the POY for the last two years your talent level is going to drop. What did you expect?
                                No doubt. It's asking a lot to fund our basketball program as we do and expect 25 win seasons every year.

Another thing about ORU.... They hit the jackpot in the portal, pulling in Vanover (Arkansas), Mwamba (UT Arlington), and Issac McBride (Vanderbuilt). McBride and Vanover are obviously stars, and Mwamba would start about anywhere else in the league. They also got a few minutes most games from Trey Phips (Oklahoma).

Comment

Working...
                                X