Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WKIII plays bigger than he is too.

Comment

• This also means 15 players on the roster for next season if everyone returns. That would mean two walking on, and likely some redshirts/ grayshirts. Would have six players 6'8 or taller and two more at 6'7.

Comment

• I didn't know SD talent was that deep.

Comment

• So did we have a scholarship open or is someone leaving…????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wilkinson will be a great addition for the basketball team. I thought he might wind up a football player. It will be nice to have a full roster and a deep bench for a change.
            This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              So did we have a scholarship open or is someone leaving…????

Or walk-ons for a year.

Comment

• His tweet said scholarship offer but I guess I don’t know how that all works

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  His tweet said scholarship offer but I guess I don’t know how that all works
                  Don't know what the situation is here, but a gray shirt walks on for a year with the promise of going on scholarship after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Don't know what the situation is here, but a gray shirt walks on for a year with the promise of going on scholarship after that.
                    Well that is not a gray shirt. A gray shirt really only applies to football players and does not work for basketball players. The player must complete 4 years of play in a 5 year period after you enroll into school. So a gray shirt is when the student delays his enrollment until the second semester of his freshman year. This way the 4 years in a 5 year period is delayed by one semester allowing the student to play in the fall semester of his 6th year after graduating from High School.

I had a friend who's son went through this at Boise St. They wanted him to walk on and delay his enrollment one semester so he had two years to develop his body. So the kid stayed home the first semester just lifting and working out at home until the spring semester and then enrolled at Boise St.

The reason this does not work for basketball is because they play in both semesters, where football is usually played in the first semester.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

• The next South Dakotan who has an offer in 2024 class is Porter Ihnen. He is a 6'6 wing from Lennox who will remind you a lot of Baylor with headband and left hand stroke... He was first team all state and here are highlights from his Junior year. Also has offer from USD. Junior Season 2022-2023 - Porter Ihnen highlights - Hudl
                      Last edited by JACKGUYII; 03-29-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Seems we’re over a scholarship. Is someone leaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                          Seems we’re over a scholarship. Is someone leaving?

Today MBB Twitter shows 4 earlier committed for 2023. Wilkinson is not on this yet.
                          https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                            Seems we’re over a scholarship. Is someone leaving?

If everyone stays and we add the 5 recruits, they are at 15, or two over the scholarship limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Today MBB Twitter shows 4 earlier committed for 2023. Wilkinson is not on this yet.
                              https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                              WOW, I am pretty curious who is on the class A ND all state first team

Kraft averaged 21.4, 11 boards, and over 3 blocks a game and his team went to the state tourney, and he is SECOND team

there is ALWAYS a bit of you never know until you see them on the floor, with recruits, but this group feels like they could be pretty good. curious to see if one of these guards will be able to play the point full time?? seems like they both might be able to play point, but we have had some very good high school PG who were not exactly straight up college PGs

TEN players in this years freshman class and next years (combined) 11 if you count B Lien in there. Tough to imagine they are all going to stay in the program thru graduation?? who finishes their career as a Jackrabbit? any future all time greats in these 2 groups?

4 SD kids
                              we have had some good players from SD in the D1 days but our stars have been from outside of SD. will one of these 4 be the next home state super star??

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

WOW, I am pretty curious who is on the class A ND all state first team

Kraft averaged 21.4, 11 boards, and over 3 blocks a game and his team went to the state tourney, and he is SECOND team

there is ALWAYS a bit of you never know until you see them on the floor, with recruits, but this group feels like they could be pretty good. curious to see if one of these guards will be able to play the point full time?? seems like they both might be able to play point, but we have had some very good high school PG who were not exactly straight up college PGs

TEN players in this years freshman class and next years (combined) 11 if you count B Lien in there. Tough to imagine they are all going to stay in the program thru graduation?? who finishes their career as a Jackrabbit? any future all time greats in these 2 groups?

4 SD kids
                                we have had some good players from SD in the D1 days but our stars have been from outside of SD. will one of these 4 be the next home state super star??
                                I'm excited to see what Whorton brings to the table. From his highlight video, he looks like he can play facing the basket at 6'8, which is a piece the Jacks can use. :Looks really mobile, and plays tough on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X