Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

That’s the one school it will be impossible for me to wish him luck. The next worst would be Kentucky but if I was a betting man that’s where he ends up. I will be extremely disappointed if he leaves us for Nebraska.
    Would be funny if Huskers round out their roster with an NDSU and SDSU transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
      Would be funny if Huskers round out their roster with an NDSU and SDSU transfer.
      There is no way Baylor is leaving SDSU for a worse program. Creighton? That’s a definite possibility

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

There is no way Baylor is leaving SDSU for a worse program. Creighton? That’s a definite possibility
        If $ are a major factor, I don't think the Nebraska schools can compete with Kentucky, Kansas or Duke. Plus way more national exposure with those three.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The NCAA should have established guidelines before this ever started, but they're scared that they would get their asses sued.
          The NCAA had little say in this. The Supreme Court passed the "name, image and likeness" ruling before July 2021. The NCAA had a week or two to get things ready. They maybe should have planned ahead though.
          If you are a good enough player, you will normally move on for the money.
          I guess, if the NCAA made players sit out a year, that would have slowed down some of these transfers.

Some times I find people interesting. First, the Supreme Court ruled for Title IX. Now, college athletes are allowed to be paid. I wonder who will make more money, a women's volleyball player or a football player?
          I guess the NCAA will still have to allow the same number of scholarships so it is still apples to apples.

The NCAA has to walk a fine line. They need FBS football and NCAA basketball money to pay for all other sports. Now that those sports and "semi pro" sports it is more difficult to manage.
          I have always thought that if basketball players wanted to get paid, they should either go overseas, to the CBA or something like that. If they want to go to college, live by the NCAA's rules. The NCAA did fine when some players went straight to the pros and they would do the same thing now. Most college basketball fans could care less.

Football is another story. They do not have many options of where the players can go play and get paid. I guess that NCAA could say that it is not their problem. They are open to players that want to come and play by their rules and the CFL, arena league, NFL or somebody else can deal with that problem. I do not know if college football level would drop drastically or not.

Sorry about the rant.

I wish Baylor would have stayed at SDSU but I wish him the best. I do NOT see him being drafted so we will see how he handles players that want the ball more, other players going for rebounds and things like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Be careful. Huskers are a P5 program in the Big Ten. A team that is ripe for a shooter/scorer.

Immediate playing time for a program that regularly sells out its arena.

If the choice is a one bid Summit league league team? Or a P5 multi-bid Big Ten team? Don’t be too hasty.

Yes Creighton, Duke and others may make MORE appealing options than NU but NU versus SDSU … not so fast my friend.

Comment

If $ are a major factor, I don't think the Nebraska schools can compete with Kentucky, Kansas or Duke. Plus way more national exposure with those three.
              That assumes Kentucky, Kansas or Duke has room, $ and opportunity that exceed what others can provide.

Comment

Be careful. Huskers are a P5 program in the Big Ten. A team that is ripe for a shooter/scorer.

Immediate playing time for a program that regularly sells out its arena.

If the choice is a one bid Summit league league team? Or a P5 multi-bid Big Ten team? Don’t be too hasty.

Yes Creighton, Duke and others may make MORE appealing options than NU but NU versus SDSU … not so fast my friend.
                I have almost no doubt that this will be taken wrong, but i tell you in all sincerity i would LOVE to see the huskers have an athletic program that is nationally relevant again!!

but that is absolutely NOT the case. their athletic program is a clown show and if he goes there, it would make me suspect that there is some other problem going on that we have no idea about

yes sure they play in the big 10

but you will put in all the work that is required of a D1 athlete and lose at least 1 out of every 3 games and multiple times a year get your butts absolutely handed to you! OR you could play at frost arena and the denny and almost never lose..... maybe others have some other priorities, but from my perspective, i understand the amount of work that goes into these athletes lives and

while i have NEVER believed that winning is everything (TRULY IT IS NOT) working that hard and losing a lot really really SUCKS and i can obviously go and look it up, but i am guessing that i am being very very generous thinking that the huskers mbb are only losing 1 out of 3

Comment

• yea as i suspected i was being wildly generous

they actually lost more than 2 out of 3 last year

with 5 losses by 24 or more and 2 by 30 or more

they lost 3 our of 4 in conference as opposed to baylors former team which did not lose a game in conference, there is almost no question that the jacks were a far better team than the huskers last year

Comment

That assumes Kentucky, Kansas or Duke has room, $ and opportunity that exceed what others can provide.
                    Oscar Tshiebwe is reportedly getting $ 2 million in NIL money to return to Kentucky. Baylor isn't going to get close to that, but if anyone can find the money, I wouldn't bet against Calipari if he decides that he wants Baylor. And now they can do it legally. Add in the fact of Baylor's agent's love for the Kentucky program, and they have to be near the top of the list. And who gets more nationally televised non- conference games than the Cats ?

Comment

• i have said it multiple times. if this is about the money it really sucks but you absolutely cannot fault any player for taking that kind of life changing money!!

but the talk from baylor and anyone else about the nba and exposure is off base!

think about it. is baylor by far the best player in the history of this league? better than benson? bader? mooney? konchar? wolters? daum? and many others? honestly i dont think he is any better than deondre parks. NONE of those guys are making it big in the nba or there at all because they do not have enough talent and i mean ZERO disrespect by this but i really do not think baylor does either

it is NOT like a bunch of guys with nba talent are walking the streets because they could not get enough recognition because they did not play at the correct school

baylor and daum and wolters were GREAT GREAT basketball players!!! but the number of guys in the nba is very very small and they come from anywhere on the planet. if i am thinking correct it is about 450 guys on the whole damn planet who have enough talent to play in the nba

it is NOT an insult to say that i doubt baylor is a no brainer nba guy who just needs more exposure

the jacks DO NOT compete with bigger schools because they out talent them!! as coach nagy said all the time- TEAM beats talent all the time!!!

the jacks get very good players who want to be part of a program and part of a team. they play together and they worry more about their team and teammates than they do about themselves

and it is playing in that system with those type of teammates that allowed baylor to get the attention that he has gotten. and i am sorry but i believe he is a victim of a couple things

one reading his own press clippings

and two the agents and the people who make money off of players. they see all the attention baylor has gotten. they recognize a hot commodity. and they are telling him that he needs to leave sdsu to be all that he can be

he is saying that he wants to have the SAME role he has at sdsu but at a place where he can play on tv every night. i am sorry but the chances of that happening are very very close to zero

obanor had a good year at texas tech this year.
                      omude had a nice year at arkansas this year

but neither one of them had the same role they had with their previous team and neither one of them did anything to prove that they are any more than they were at the previous school. they were and they are really REALLY good basketball players who are borderline nba players and that did not change one tiny bit. and baylor playing at a different school will not make him a better nba prospect either

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                        i have said it multiple times. if this is about the money it really sucks but you absolutely cannot fault any player for taking that kind of life changing money!!

but the talk from baylor and anyone else about the nba and exposure is off base!

think about it. is baylor by far the best player in the history of this league? better than benson? bader? mooney? konchar? wolters? daum? and many others? honestly i dont think he is any better than deondre parks. NONE of those guys are making it big in the nba or there at all because they do not have enough talent and i mean ZERO disrespect by this but i really do not think baylor does either

it is NOT like a bunch of guys with nba talent are walking the streets because they could not get enough recognition because they did not play at the correct school

baylor and daum and wolters were GREAT GREAT basketball players!!! but the number of guys in the nba is very very small and they come from anywhere on the planet. if i am thinking correct it is about 450 guys on the whole damn planet who have enough talent to play in the nba

it is NOT an insult to say that i doubt baylor is a no brainer nba guy who just needs more exposure

the jacks DO NOT compete with bigger schools because they out talent them!! as coach nagy said all the time- TEAM beats talent all the time!!!

the jacks get very good players who want to be part of a program and part of a team. they play together and they worry more about their team and teammates than they do about themselves

and it is playing in that system with those type of teammates that allowed baylor to get the attention that he has gotten. and i am sorry but i believe he is a victim of a couple things

one reading his own press clippings

and two the agents and the people who make money off of players. they see all the attention baylor has gotten. they recognize a hot commodity. and they are telling him that he needs to leave sdsu to be all that he can be

he is saying that he wants to have the SAME role he has at sdsu but at a place where he can play on tv every night. i am sorry but the chances of that happening are very very close to zero

obanor had a good year at texas tech this year.
                        omude had a nice year at arkansas this year

but neither one of them had the same role they had with their previous team and neither one of them did anything to prove that they are any more than they were at the previous school. they were and they are really REALLY good basketball players who are borderline nba players and that did not change one tiny bit. and baylor playing at a different school will not make him a better nba prospect either
                        His shot will help him wherever he goes, but his handles and hop will have to be worked on. Will be facing some 4s and 5s that do not appreciate being on the bench. There, everyone has their hoop dreams and they do not include laying in Europe.

Comment

Oscar Tshiebwe is reportedly getting $ 2 million in NIL money to return to Kentucky. Baylor isn't going to get close to that, but if anyone can find the money, I wouldn't bet against Calipari if he decides that he wants Baylor. And now they can do it legally. Add in the fact of Baylor's agent's love for the Kentucky program, and they have to be near the top of the list. And who gets more nationally televised non- conference games than the Cats ?
                          What makes you so sure BS is capable of making a Kentucky roster?

Comment

I don’t know…probably the fact they are recruiting him so hard…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If Kentucky actually offers his a scholarship what makes you think they wouldn't put him on the roster? Never heard of a BB team giving a kid a scholarship to go to class and play intramural ball...

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

If Kentucky actually offers his a scholarship what makes you think they wouldn't put him on the roster? Never heard of a BB team giving a kid a scholarship to go to class and play intramural ball...
                                Not the point there are a few other portal transfers who have Kentucky listed as a possible destination. I suspect Kentucky may have its choice of many of those players. BS may not be at the top of that list.

Yes it UK offers a scholarship then yes he is on their roster. I just think they along with BS are filtering through their options.

Comment

Working...
                                X