Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I agree...there is no guarantee this pans out. But if those in the know are telling you that you need to play up to have a chance at getting drafted, and you can rake in NIL money in the meantime while playing for one of the top teams in college basketball history...how do you pass that opportunity up realistically?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I understand where you are coming from but Mike Daum, Nate Wolters, and Doug Wilson all realistically passed up that opportunity. Maybe not Duke or Kentucky, but they all could have played Big 10/Big12 basketball and chose to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I understand where you are coming from but Mike Daum, Nate Wolters, and Doug Wilson all realistically passed up that opportunity. Maybe not Duke or Kentucky, but they all could have played Big 10/Big12 basketball and chose to stay.
      Valid point...but do they stay if NIL was available for them? As MontanaRabbit eluded to, this NIL is a game changer...probably forever.

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Valid point...but do they stay if NIL was available for them? As MontanaRabbit eluded to, this NIL is a game changer...probably forever.

Agreed, but how much is he going to get in NIL money? Are they really giving the Summit League POY six figures to play one season? This is a sincere question because that is insane to me.

Comment

• After seeing the interest and dollar amounts can’t blame him. What would you advise a family member to do? Life changing money even if he doesn’t make the nba. SDSU will be fine you’ll just see a lot of new faces every season and always worry it’s our last year with our best players no matter what class they are in. College basketball will likely bleed fans as a result. Either way I’ll cheer for Baylor no matter where he’s at.

Comment

Agreed, but how much is he going to get in NIL money? Are they really giving the Summit League POY six figures to play one season? This is a sincere question because that is insane to me.
            Yes. The SL Player of the year will likely get six figures to play one (or two) seasons. I'd bet that it will be mid to high six figures, looking at the list of teams that have expressed interest and the amount that other transfers have been reported to get.

If accurate, no way anyone can blame Baylor for taking that payday, continuing to work towards an NBA career, play for one of the top basketball programs in the country for a year or two, graduate from a top university in the country, and at worse, land a career making $200-300k/year playing basketball in Europe.

The NIL money alone, if at that level, gives him a financial jumpstart on life that 99.9% of college graduates/students don't ever have.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It would be interesting to find out what the agent is going to get from the program that lands him. Do they get a cut of the NIL money ? The slime that is connected with the high-end of the whole NIL / transfer portal situation is both predictable and nauseating.
              Jeff Goodman just answered that one for us

Comment

• That seems wrong. I feel like the nba or nfl etc or ncaa should have reps who help the students navigate all these challenges who hopefully are looking for the best interest of the students, not the agents.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

That seems wrong. I feel like the nba or nfl etc or ncaa should have reps who help the students navigate all these challenges who hopefully are looking for the best interest of the students, not the agents.
                  The NCAA should have established guidelines before this ever started, but they're scared that they would get their asses sued.

Comment

• Vultures have a very keen sense of smell.

Comment

• I see myself having a lot more free time away from the tv after a few years of these NIL player purchases.

Comment

• On cue, Mark Emmert announces he's stepping away today. The man who left the NCAA completely blindsided and without any forward-looking plan to regulate NIL. I have faith that it'll get sorted out and find an equilibrium within the coming years, but if not, it'll slowly bleed out college athletics. As many have mentioned already, the transfer and NIL rules need to find middle ground. My biggest fear is a slow death of viewer apathy. The beauty of college sports is getting to know these kids and seeing them grow in a system and find synergy with a core group for 3-4 years. That will slowly fade away with the current landscape.

With that said, I'm happy for Baylor and am only sad that I don't get to watch him another year at SDSU. He's an all-time favorite and I'll miss his game tremendously. We were beyond blessed to watch him. The step back three against NDSU in the championship will always stay with me. Hope the boys have a good offseason and are ready to step up next year.

Comment

• What level on NIL money will it take for SDSU to stay at the top of the mid-majors? No way we can compete with the big boys in that sense, but can we be sure and get the next level kid to either stick around or be able to bring in good ones from the portal? While I think it will be reigned in at some point, right now money talks.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/stat...08702633172998

Already narrowed to 10. He is gone (not a surprise).

Comment

http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/stat...08702633172998

Already narrowed to 10. He is gone (not a surprise).
                              selfishly I hope he picks duke. plus how much they lost, they could probably use a guy with college experince like he has with all the impact freshman coming in.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

selfishly I hope he picks duke. plus how much they lost, they could probably use a guy with college experince like he has with all the impact freshman coming in.
                                That’s the one school it will be impossible for me to wish him luck. The next worst would be Kentucky but if I was a betting man that’s where he ends up. I will be extremely disappointed if he leaves us for Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                                X