No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(6-2)vs NDSU Bison(9-3) 7:30pm/@Scheels Center Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's sitting pretty good really as long as they take care of KC next week.
    If so, either a 1 or 2 depending how the Coyotes due today

Comment

Might be a wrinkle coming into play on the seeding possibilities
      USD Fan

Comment

Now official, today's USD - ORU game cancelled due to a positive Covid test for a USD staff member
        USD Fan

Comment

There's your wrinkle, musta had some inside info

Comment

That is unless Coyotes are "sick" for next weekend too, and avoid the Bison all together? Wouldnt that be a good look

Comment

Take that back... my calculator brain says if Bison and Yotes cancel out next weekend, Jack's move to 1 seed (again assuming they sweep KC). So looks pretty good for a top 2 seed either way right now.
              (I'm open to have my math questioned however

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                Take that back... my calculator brain says if Bison and Yotes cancel out next weekend, Jack's move to 1 seed (again assuming they sweep KC). So looks pretty good for a top 2 seed either way right now.
                (I'm open to have my math questioned however
                If the Coyotes don't play the Bison next weekend, USD wins the conference regular season based on winning % (.769) even if the Jacks sweep UMKC, as the best we can do is (.750). That's the most USD way to win a title I've ever heard.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Where's the dude that said that Hendo can't win a big game ?
                  Was this a big game? It was only NDSU? Their shoes smell of manure too?

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                    That is unless Coyotes are "sick" for next weekend too, and avoid the Bison all together? Wouldnt that be a good look
                    They wouldn't necessarily have to be "sick," would they?

If the person just tested positive today or even yesterday, a seven to 10-day isolation, let alone the more cautious two-week isolation, puts next weekend's games at risk, and it differs from disruptions Jacks have experienced in that opponents tested positive during days prior to weekend games (e.g., a Wednesday, which only put that weekend's slated games at risk, even with quarantine)

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

If the Coyotes don't play the Bison next weekend, USD wins the conference regular season based on winning % (.769) even if the Jacks sweep UMKC, as the best we can do is (.750). That's the most USD way to win a title I've ever heard.
                      They would probably still cut down the nets.

Comment

So, if USD can find an infected student to add to the program as a equipment manager their season is over and they win the Summit League? Gosh!

Comment

1-seed or not, the last thing any team would want is a bunch of quarantine-affected practices and 12 days without a game leading into the tournament. This season is such a mess. This could easily happen to a team or two right before the tournament starts. Then what?

Comment

As long as the games between NDSU and USD are played next weekend this isn’t a big deal. If one team sweeps they win the league. They split and we sweep we win the league.

Comment

Agree, but those games taking place in Verm next week is certainly not a sure bet. On the bright side, as long as Jack's can sweep, at least they'd get a 2 seed.
                              Lest we forget #1 seed has not been too friendly to the Jack's the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                So, if USD can find an infected student to add to the program as a equipment manager their season is over and they win the Summit League? Gosh!
                                That may be how it works. You don't suppose they are recruiting volunteer students that test positive. Seems logical.

Comment

Working...
                                X