No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(6-2)vs NDSU Bison(9-3) 7:30pm/@Scheels Center Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the dude that said that Hendo can't win a big game ?

Comment

yes wilson had a REALLY tough time finding the bottom of the net all night but he never stopped contributing, including the assist on the game winner and the stop on kruser and the help on arians man to end the game. he does so many things to help us win. i am beginning to wonder, as he has these games with so much trouble scoring, is he looking TOO MUCH to pass?? definitely has times where he passes very quickly after getting a touch and other times passes at last moment when it appears he could, should, or will shoot. this is NOT a statement just wondering. tough to try to control this i would think, kind of like telling a running back when he should make cuts or not. there has to be some instinct and freedom just to play, and he definitely does make lots of good passes. he did tonight and always has helped to create openings for his teammates! just appears some moments that he is almost expecting to pass as he drives or makes his move and then ends up with a not great shot bc pass does not open up or forces a tough pass. ANY way just wondering out loud. LOVE the kid and the player and would just love to see him really find his best rhythm these last few games before tournament games.

GREAAAAAAAT win against a tough team. plenty of things jacks can still do better to help themselves and obviously that should be the focus, but i have a pretty tough time believing that a team that plays as physical as NDSU goes the whole game with only 8 fouls. for crying out loud did yall see the drive by griesel when he uses his completely outstretched left arm to help him by AA and AA gets called for the foul. very annoying. it seems this ends conversation about this team being able to be prepared for big games, 2 big wins in a row playing a man down. great job by all the players to step up!!! i would say if they win tomorrow they are REALLY sitting in the driver seat for reg season champs. i highly doubt any the other top 3 teams win out. of course only an idiot says that it is over before it over. they still MUST take care business at home against kc. Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Wilson im not sure is 100% he doesnt seem as quick and explosive as he did last year. Plus teams have a year to plan for him. Just some games we get out of sorts when other team gets physical. We need more player movement and ball movement tomorrow to win.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree that Wilson just hasn't been the same since the foot injury. Just hasn't.

Still a good player? Absolutely. Capable of taking over a game? Of course.

But not the same guy that we saw last year. Who.... no one in the Summit could guard him. He's not that guy right now, which means that foot must still bother him.

Still a huge part of the team. And you know what... this team is still good. Even Without Noah, and Doug a bit limited.

Comment

Great win in a place that is usually a house of horrors for Jacks MBB over the years.

A shoutout to Matt Mims. He played a lot of minutes last night and was very effective on defense and made 3 big 3-point shots. He was the surprise of the game.

As for Wilson, he kept getting just about any shot he wanted and they just wouldn’t fall. I thought he played really well. Loved seeing the passing. Many times he gets it down low and he is going to put it up no matter what. Last night he found wide open guys on the perimeter. A couple of his interior passes didn’t work out. He’s our best player and have to keep feeding him. If he shoots it well last night we win by 15+.

Also, thought Hendo managed the game really well last night. We were the better team and they were better coached.

Looking forward to game 2. Hopefully we can get a little help from ORU!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Agreed, Wilson is probably a little slower but he missed at least 5 or 6 shots he normally makes. Easy shots that he earned with his feet or rebounding effort.

There’s almost zero chance Wilson shoots 2 of 10 tonight. However, it’s also likely that we won’t shoot over 50% on 3’s. Those two things normalizing a bit should make another close game. The NDSU defense (and slower pace) will ensure that too. The last game they lost by 5+ points was before Christmas. Another win in Fargo would be a major accomplishment. A lot of our best teams have failed to win up there.

Comment

Shots are falling for ndsu and they're getting the calls. Jacks taking good shots but are not falling. Could be a long night.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Shots are falling for ndsu and they're getting the calls. Jacks taking good shots but are not falling. Could be a long night.
                  Jacks look tired and a step slow.

Comment

Need to get this down to 10 or less at the half.

Comment

Wilson playing better tonight but that’s about the only bright spot. Defensive stops have been rare it seems for the Jacks tonight.

Comment

Ndsu looks like they want it more. Like einning the conference doesnt seem like a priority by watching our effort. Hope we turn it around but not a good first half. This team has to much talent to look this out of sorts.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Ndsu is is getting match ups they want to drive it on us and we dont have any help defense.

Comment

Mims has played well this weekend, but he kind of took a nap on that last possession.

Comment

Woooooof. We are lost defensively.

Comment

Not a great defensive effort, no but NDSU has exploited some matchups it likes and hasn’t missed anything all night. It’s just their night.

Comment

Working...
                                X