GDT: Jackrabbits(13-2) vs Bison(11-3) @ Scheels Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits(13-2) vs Bison(11-3) @ Scheels Center

The #1 seed can be clinched by the Jackrabbits in Fargo. The bison were expected to be at this level in the preseason guesses while the Jackrabbits were thought to be a middle of the pack team. Congratulations to the MBB team and coaching staff on a successful conference season. The bison are similar to the yotes as they have experienced seniors on the roster. Shahid is a juco transfer who is 31 points away from the 1000 mark in his 2 years as a bison. Ward, Samuelson, & Quayle round out the senior class. The bison are 11-1 this season in Fargo. They will still have one more game at home against the Mavs on Saturday. I would expect this Thursday night game to draw good numbers considering the good weather and the SLT seeding to be determined. 1 more road conference win ought to complete this breakout season for team and coaches. We should be ready for an entertaining contest. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 8pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I am really interested to see how our team plays if in fact Wilson doesn't go. He is a game changer obviously but we have some options who can step up.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Did Wilson guard Ward last time? I am more curious about how we defend Ward and Shahiid with out him. Dentlinger will have Krueser but Arians Friedel and scheirman and Wingett will probably get their turns taking those 2 on.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

To be honest, even with Douglas Wilson playing, this is/was going to be a tough game.

I'm not sure if he will play, but if he does, I'm sure he'll be a bit limited.

Shahid is a very good player, and he absolutely went off last season when the Bison caught fire to win the Summit League Tournament.
        He will not shoot as poorly as he did at Frost earlier this year. (although the Jackrabbits did do a good job of covering him). But he still missed some open shots he will normally hit.

Ward is a matchup nightmare. He's too big/long for most guards (they will post him up), and he's too fast and athletic for most post players.

I'll be watching, and cheering from my living room. I have a sneaking suspicion, that the Bad Guys jump on us a little early, and then we play our way back into it.

Very Good Team, very good challenge to end the summit season.

Comment

The Jacks can win this game, even if Wilson is a no-go (which I'm guessing will be the case). Getting the win will take great defense and significant contributions from the bench, specifically Key, Mims and Alou. Scheierman has become such a good, regular part of the rotation that I don't consider him a bench guy any more.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Hopefully the team comes out ready to play, I would think a bad start here would be hard to overcome especially with out Wilson. Winning conference should be good motivation for both teams.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We'll need 40 good minutes to win WITH Wilson and 40 ridiculously good minutes to win WITHOUT him. I have a hard time seeing NDSU playing poorly tonight, considering how tough they are at home, what's at stake and the loss they endured a few days ago. There's likely to be a big storm for the Jacks to weather in the first half. Hunker down and then go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                The Jacks can win this game, even if Wilson is a no-go (which I'm guessing will be the case). Getting the win will take great defense and significant contributions from the bench, specifically Key, Mims and Alou. Scheierman has become such a good, regular part of the rotation that I don't consider him a bench guy any more.
                This is why I don't understand Alou not getting more minutes as when you really need him he is prepared to go and has more in game experience.

Comment

Unless something has changed since early this morning we won't see Douglas tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

This is why I don't understand Alou not getting more minutes as when you really need him he is prepared to go and has more in game experience.
                    I agree, I think Hendo has left starters in too long in some of those blow out wins. Alou could have spelled Dentlnger in some of those games we were up 15.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      Unless something has changed since early this morning we won't see Douglas tonight.
                      I am not finding any starting line ups yet on any twitter feeds. Zimmer did report that Myah will not play in the SLT for those who hoped otherwise.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        Makes perfect sense to me. Take the extra 9 days and Wilson will hopefully able to have an impact. And I'm not sure if I would rather play USD or ORU in the semi's. In some ways ORU worries we as much as anyone with their strength inside if they can also get hot from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I am not finding any starting line ups yet on any twitter feeds. Zimmer did report that Myah will not play in the SLT for those who hoped otherwise.
                          NDSU's beat writer has us covered on the Wilson news. Argus' beat writer must not think this is important information to report on that SDSU fans are wanting to know.

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...473965056?s=19

This really sucks. I hope the boot is more precautionary, making sure he doesn't mess it up any more than it is. Not a good sign though.

Comment

Tyler says Wilson needs rest with no pressure on foot. Hendo will weigh more on matter later.

Comment

Tyler says he has a “chance” to play in the SLT.

Comment

Working...
                              X