No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits(13-2) vs Bison(11-3) @ Scheels Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Friedel/Wolters comparisons are not absurd, to this point anyway. Noah is not likely to score like Wolters did over 4 years but he his game also features a heavy dose of tenacity ala Griffen Calahan.

Here are the stats from Wolters' and Friedel's freshman Summit League games:

Minutes: Wolters 24.7, Friedel 35.1

PPG: Wolters 10.8, Friedel 15.3

RPG: Wolters 3.7, Friedel 4.8

Assists: Wolters 3 PG, Friedel 2.4 PG

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      The Friedel/Wolters comparisons are not absurd, to this point anyway. Noah is not likely to score like Wolters did over 4 years but he his game also features a heavy dose of tenacity ala Griffen Calahan.

Here are the stats from Wolters' and Friedel's freshman Summit League games:

Minutes: Wolters 24.7, Friedel 35.1

PPG: Wolters 10.8, Friedel 15.3

RPG: Wolters 3.7, Friedel 4.8

Assists: Wolters 3 PG, Friedel 2.4 PG
      Was wondering about this - thanks for looking it up. Is there anyone else in the Summit League that is going to contend with Noah for Freshman of the Year?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Was wondering about this - thanks for looking it up. Is there anyone else in the Summit League that is going to contend with Noah for Freshman of the Year?
        In a word. No.

The other top 2 teams (USD and NDSU) don't have a freshman that plays any significant minutes.

UND has the one guy, and he's pretty good. But Noah is better, and on a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

In a word. No.

The other top 2 teams (USD and NDSU) don't have a freshman that plays any significant minutes.

UND has the one guy, and he's pretty good. But Noah is better, and on a better team.
          Western has a freshman I think that will be pretty good. Drawing a blank on his name but seems to have some good moments. Probably a better player in the league in the future.

Not sure where others rank, but he is putting together another great season by a jackrabbit freshman, Jenkins, Daum are the last couple that really stick out. seems like we have one every few years really making a major impact and not just a role player.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Matt Zimmer

@argusmattz
            Eric Henderson says Matt Mims and Brandon Key are both fine after getting dinged up last night. Will be ready for the Summit League tournament. Not much to add on Doug Wilson, but he said it's very likely he'll be a gametime decision in their first round game.

1:32 PM · Feb 28, 2020·Twitter Web App
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Matt Zimmer

@argusmattz
              Eric Henderson says Matt Mims and Brandon Key are both fine after getting dinged up last night. Will be ready for the Summit League tournament. Not much to add on Doug Wilson, but he said it's very likely he'll be a gametime decision in their first round game.

1:32 PM · Feb 28, 2020·Twitter Web App
              That makes me feel a tad better about Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Is there anyone else in the Summit League that is going to contend with Noah for Freshman of the Year?
                In a word, "Sure!" (lol)

Max Abmas, Oral Roberts

Conference Stats (15 games, all as a starter)
                • 29.8 MIN/G
                • 15.1 PPG (No. 15 in Summit)
                • 44.8 FG%
                • 41.7 3PT% (No. 8 in Summit)
                • 2.9 3PT/G (tied with Hagedorn for No. 1 in Summit)
                • 80.0 FT%
                • 2.1 REB/G
                • 1.4 A/G
                All that being said, I love Friedel, and I think he will get the FOY award as much for SDSU's season as anything else, but Abmas is right there with him in terms of numbers.

Comment

Read most of the thread. Maybe I missed it but I was really impressed with Alou Dillon last night. He was asked to fill some big shoes for limited minutes last night and delivered on both ends in a big way. That was no accident he shot that three pointer, he is a good shooter. My hope is that he earns more minutes as a result. That really would be important if Wilson isn't coming back.

Really proud of the effort of the team overall. We had our chances to win the game and just didn't quite get there.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Titan View Post

In a word, "Sure!" (lol)

Max Abmas, Oral Roberts

Conference Stats (15 games, all as a starter)
                    • 29.8 MIN/G
                    • 15.1 PPG (No. 15 in Summit)
                    • 44.8 FG%
                    • 41.7 3PT% (No. 8 in Summit)
                    • 2.9 3PT/G (tied with Hagedorn for No. 1 in Summit)
                    • 80.0 FT%
                    • 2.1 REB/G
                    • 1.4 A/G
                    All that being said, I love Friedel, and I think he will get the FOY award as much for SDSU's season as anything else, but Abmas is right there with him in terms of numbers.
                    Abmas is definitely a contender, but Friedel has better numbers in almost all of these categories, including averaging 35 minutes per game in conference.

Deonte Billups from PFW has also put in a solid freshman year, along with the rabbits' other freshmen, but with the way Friedel has closed out the season it's hard to see the award not being his.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Read most of the thread. Maybe I missed it but I was really impressed with Alou Dillon last night. He was asked to fill some big shoes for limited minutes last night and delivered on both ends in a big way. That was no accident he shot that three pointer, he is a good shooter. My hope is that he earns more minutes as a result. That really would be important if Wilson isn't coming back.

Really proud of the effort of the team overall. We had our chances to win the game and just didn't quite get there.

SUPERBUNNY
                      The 3 pointer he made was from a set play coming out of a timeout. That wasn't a ill-advised shot. Great piece of coaching I thought.

Comment

• Better piece of coaching would be to get Alou on the floor. Virtually everytime he has been given minutes he has delivered.

Comment

• Hendo's weekly update is on SDSU athletics. youtube
                          Wilson answer is still sketchy day to day as a work in progress.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Hendo's weekly update is on SDSU athletics. youtube
                            Wilson answer is still sketchy day to day as a work in progress.
                            He actually said it was a stress fracture. I wouldn't hold your breathe he'll play in the SLT.

Comment

• I will be shocked if he doesn't play.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I will be shocked if he doesn't play.
                                Inside information?

Hope you're right. If he does play I wonder what effect playing 3 games in 4 days will have on that foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X