GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Id like to think our fans being bad is the reason we have won 24 straight at home and only 6 losses since when? 2011?

I also dont get the hate for Newitt.
    I think it is a case of fake news. 2 guys with Jackrabbit shirts in the c-store were overheard criticizing Newitt and someone turned it into a headline on Twitter. The overall relevance of the issue is those 2 guys are not as smart as the Twitter source. It may be time for a beer, but it is only 1:30.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Watching the replay, and Wilson was definitely favoring the foot when he came back in after sitting with just over 10 minutes left in the first half. You could see it before that if you were looking for it, but it was obvious after he sat.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Listened to the USD presser. He was pretty tough on Hagedorn and Umude. Singled those two out multiple times. Yikes.

Maybe it's calculated motivational criticism but you just don't see that much in the college game. I can't ever recall TJ or Hendo calling out a player by name in the press conference. I'm sure Nagy did it at times but again, extremely rare.
        Todd should have went after whoever on his coaching staff thought it was a good idea to have Tyler Peterson attempt to guard Douglas Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Todd should have went after whoever on his coaching staff thought it was a good idea to have Tyler Peterson attempt to guard Douglas Wilson.
          Haha. I told my wife Doug is gonna go for 40 if they continue to let Peterson guard Doug.

Comment

Zimmer tweeted Wilson is still sore. MRI is scheduled. Will know more soon.

Comment

I don't either, but I can't say it didn't happen. One thing about Nagy is he came across as a pessimist at times in his post game interviews when the team appeared to play well and won. But his criticisms was usually directed at the team as a whole. Like, "We were awful on defense in the first half", or "We were lucky to win because we didn't guard so and so at all".
              If I remember right from the Grantland article about our first SL Tourney championship back in the day, Nagy went off on his players in a post game presser the year we really sucked, and faced blowback for doing it. If I also remember correctly, one of the Callahan's had to talk to him about his pessimism and sarcasm and how it affected them as players and Nagy took it heart and used it to grow as a coach.

Comment

Zimmer tweeted Wilson is still sore. MRI is scheduled. Will know more soon.
                Hendo's weekly update had the news as well. SDSUathletics youtube.com
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I too don't mind Newitt, he is very knowledgeable and impartial, IMO. I went back through the game thread and there were only two posters that said something negative about Newitt (which is their right and opinion). Was there more comments about Newitt on Twitter from Jacks' fans that made Zimmer make the statement he did on Twitter?
                  I am curious too, it doesn't look like anybody @ Zim on twitter about Newitt, though I did a very quick search so I may have missed a tweet. I also searched Newitt's name on twitter and didn't see any mentions until Zim's tweet. Have to wonder what prompted it?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    I am curious too, it doesn't look like anybody @ Zim on twitter about Newitt, though I did a very quick search so I may have missed a tweet. I also searched Newitt's name on twitter and didn't see any mentions until Zim's tweet. Have to wonder what prompted it?
                    It may go back to Saturday night after NDSU lost to UND and Newitt tweeted that the Bison still controlled their own destiny. A few people took exception that the Jacks were a game ahead and obviously also really controlled their own destiny.

Comment

It was me who speculated ankle... not that I saw him roll it, but it was just the way he was limping. and he was taped to start the 2nd half, I'm not sure about the first half.

I thought at one point in the first half he got his foot tangled with a Coyote, and possibly Freidel as well? And he seemed to be limping a little after that.

I have no idea if that was the injury, and probably shouldn't have said anything... it was my best guess at the time. Sorry.

I certainly hope that Douglas is ok. I do think it was a good sign, that he walked through the handshake line without his shoe... severe injury, they have you elevating and icing, and no pressure.

But, I have no first hand knowledge. I apologize if it sounded like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        It was me who speculated ankle... not that I saw him roll it, but it was just the way he was limping. and he was taped to start the 2nd half, I'm not sure about the first half.

I thought at one point in the first half he got his foot tangled with a Coyote, and possibly Freidel as well? And he seemed to be limping a little after that.

I have no idea if that was the injury, and probably shouldn't have said anything... it was my best guess at the time. Sorry.

I certainly hope that Douglas is ok. I do think it was a good sign, that he walked through the handshake line without his shoe... severe injury, they have you elevating and icing, and no pressure.

But, I have no first hand knowledge. I apologize if it sounded like I did.
                        I wasn't trying to call you out by any means. He had a limp for sure coming out of halftime., before that I didn't notice it, but wasn't really looking for it either. The only time I was speculating about his foot was on the play where he went to the floor in pain. I just didn't see anything on the replay there about an ankle. When he went down and grabbed his arch my initial thought was foot. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It may go back to Saturday night after NDSU lost to UND and Newitt tweeted that the Bison still controlled their own destiny. A few people took exception that the Jacks were a game ahead and obviously also really controlled their own destiny.
                          Heck, it could have been me. Maybe he trolls here looking for things to talk about/use. I said this earlier, I didn't realize it was even Newitt on Saturday because I watch Midco so little. I am usually at the games. I realize USD(women) is a great team, but it got old for me hearing how great they are every little bit. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I wasn't trying to call you out by any means. He had a limp for sure coming out of halftime., before that I didn't notice it, but wasn't really looking for it either. The only time I was speculating about his foot was on the play where he went to the floor in pain. I just didn't see anything on the replay there about an ankle. When he went down and grabbed his arch my initial thought was foot. Let's hope for the best.
                            He def had a noticeable limp for a good chunk of the first half as well imo.

Comment

In a KWSN interview that aired just now, Hendo said they're headed to Sioux Falls for an MRI shortly, but that it feels better today than it did yesterday and they're very optimistic. He also talked about how they're not sure if he'll play on Thursday and how when they played without Wilson against USD earlier this year they tried to do too many different things, where as this time he would try to keep it simple.

My takeaway was that I'm guessing Wilson won't play Thursday and that it's good to hear they're optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                In a KWSN interview that aired just now, Hendo said they're headed to Sioux Falls for an MRI shortly, but that it feels better today than it did yesterday and they're very optimistic. He also talked about how they're not sure if he'll play on Thursday and how when they played without Wilson against USD earlier this year they tried to do too many different things, where as this time he would try to keep it simple.

My takeaway was that I'm guessing Wilson won't play Thursday and that it's good to hear they're optimistic.
                                If they sit him Thursday he'll have almost 2 weeks off until the SLT. As much as I'd love the #1 seed, having a healthy Doug for the SLT is way more important.

Comment

Working...
                                X