GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Today marks the last game for Brandon Key and Beau Brown. This game has rivalry status only since winning the game in Fargo next week likely what determines the #1 seed in the SLT. Likely there will be a slightly larger crowd today for the men's game. The yotes have seemed a bit short on the bench recently as the starters are playing large minutes headed into the post season. Hagedorn and Simpson may have been dinged a bit while we hope Umude remains quiet with 9 against the bison. He scored 26 at ORU, but 14 of those were at the line. This will be the first game Douglas Wilson will have against the yotes and the atmosphere ought to prepare the teams for the SLT environment. It is also a point for the Corn Showdown Series so everyone should bring a dollar for Feeding South Dakota. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 2pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Go inside early and often. The Yotes had no answer for Dentlinger in the first game even without Wilson. Get Hagedorn in foul trouble - their backup bigs are underwhelming. USD has been cold from the outside for the last 5 games, and let's keep it that way.

Comment

The best part of this game is the pressure of conference standing is nonexistent and the pride to win will be overwhelming for both teams. USD is somewhat anchored in the 3 seed and the Jackrabbits are 1 or 2 seed to be determined later. It certainly can go some distance for the end of year Summit awards for players and coaches which are not likely primary thoughts for players or coaches.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Win, Jacks, win. Wrap up a piece of the conference championship, and give Brandon and Beau a Senior Day to cherish. It should be a fun game.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Hopefully crowd give key and especially beau big ovation. I know it not common but I would totally start beau today. Want to get the crowd going from the start let beau play the first minute or 2. I dont care if rivalry game a moment like that is bigger then wins and losses.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Brad knew it is showing his Used leaning early. No smack intended. Just my opinion. Knew it is biased. I guess job is to do Used color

Comment

Summit league refs are bad.

Comment

Dentlinger has missed the front end on two 1 and 1s. Those hurt

Comment

Some of SDSU’s shot selection has been questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Brad knew it is showing his Used leaning early. No smack intended. Just my opinion. Knew it is biased. I guess job is to do Used color
                    What he does that irks me is making statements like the one about Peterson's foul (that it was "a foul in the estimation of the officials' eyes"), but he's prone to saying something like "the Jacks got caught there" on calls against SDSU.

Comment

Dear Midco, please don't take up a 1/3 of the screen showing the coaches during live action.

Also, Wilson looks like he is hurting.

Comment

I really like Newitt and think he's extremely intelligent. Every commentator has a bias. I'm more concerned about the score right now. Anyone else notice Wilson limping more and more towards the end of the first half?

Comment

These refs are not good. Both teams have a right to complain.

Comment

3-10 from the FT line as a team.

Comment

USD men and womens team reach in so much. No other team in the league gets away with it like USD does. If we loose its because of the FT line. Never seen us struggle like this before. Maybe a little amped up.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X