Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Freidel is something for a true freshman. So aggressive. I love it
    Right. He is skilled obviously, but he also has a huge fire burning deep down in his belly. He is so intense. I love it.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
      Lee couldn't come across and more arrogant, with his non-stop complaining and calling out his own players in post gamers.
      Listened to the USD presser. He was pretty tough on Hagedorn and Umude. Singled those two out multiple times. Yikes.

Maybe it's calculated motivational criticism but you just don't see that much in the college game. I can't ever recall TJ or Hendo calling out a player by name in the press conference. I'm sure Nagy did it at times but again, extremely rare.

Comment

Great win! Youth obviously has some advantages.
        This space for lease.

Comment

First off, I don't get the griping about Newitt. I watch a ton of mid-major basketball games, mostly Wright State, as i'm continued to follow Coach Nagy and the broadcasters in those games literally use the terms "Us" & "We". There is zero bias when Tom & Brad are on the call. As Jacks/Summit League fans, we should really appreciate the talent & professionalism that MidCo provides us because it's amateur hour when watching other MM Games or when the Jacks leave the Dakotas.

On to the game, bit of a rock-fight that first half but really impressed how this young squad pushed through the lulls of the game. The refs had a terrible game (Both Ways) ruining, at times, the flow of the game by making a bad call on one end followed up by an immediate make-up call on the other end. Great to see Wingett, Dent, & AA bring their steady games. Doug was a stud until he hurt his foot which looks concerning since he limped through the second half, from watching the replay I fear something popped or broke because he didn't step on anyone nor did he get rolled up on. Baylor was great off the bench, also hope to see Mimsy get a little more play as we could use his perimeter D & 3pt shooting in the SLT. But how about Noah finding his Cold-Blooded game again? He had a rough stretch of games and even the first half, but he really turned it on in the second half. Love when he gets that killer attitude!!

I know there is still seeding & out-right Conference Champs on the line but if Doug's injury is not season ending, I think you still sit him Thursday to give him a full 2 weeks to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Completely agree. He doesn’t bother me one bit. You can tell he knows the game.
            Yes Brad knows the game. And this 78 year old guy would not likely be in girl friend competition unless it was Brad’s grandmother. I think he does a good job and talks about what is currently going on in the game. I take back my evil criticism. It was a fun game to watch. I wish we had David Jenkins going into Fargo on Thursday. It may take a mid court Hail Mary to win in Fargo.

Comment

I too don't mind Newitt, he is very knowledgeable and impartial, IMO. I went back through the game thread and there were only two posters that said something negative about Newitt (which is their right and opinion). Was there more comments about Newitt on Twitter from Jacks' fans that made Zimmer make the statement he did on Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I wish we had David Jenkins going into Fargo on Thursday.
                I don't. I think this team is better without him.

I like DJ and hold no ill will, but he wouldn't work very well with this team. He's a volume shooter and this team is the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I too don't mind Newitt, he is very knowledgeable and impartial, IMO. I went back through the game thread and there were only two posters that said something negative about Newitt (which is their right and opinion). Was there more comments about Newitt on Twitter from Jacks' fans that made Zimmer make the statement he did on Twitter?
                  I rarely watch Midco as I usually go to the games. However, I watched it on my computer Saturday.. TBH, I didn't even know who was calling it with Tom but I found his constant fawning over USD tiresome. JMO. Edit: I was at Frost yesterday and only watched the replay of Douglas going down on Midco this am.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Our fans were bad. Lots of booing in my opinion but the officials called some ticky tack stuff on both sides.

Peterson was bad and their coach was on the officials all game. Not sure if he was worse or our fan wearing #23 on our sideline.
                    Id like to think our fans being bad is the reason we have won 24 straight at home and only 6 losses since when? 2011?

I also dont get the hate for Newitt.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I rarely watch Midco as I usually go to the games. However, I watched it on my computer Saturday.. TBH, I didn't even know who was calling it with Tom but I found his constant fawning over USD tiresome. JMO. Edit: I was at Frost yesterday and only watched the replay of Douglas going down on Midco this am.
                      Wilson was limping much of the first half. My wife caught it early. I am with 98 in the seats at Frost without the commentary. The noise in Frost is more entertaining!
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Listened to the USD presser. He was pretty tough on Hagedorn and Umude. Singled those two out multiple times. Yikes.

Maybe it's calculated motivational criticism but you just don't see that much in the college game. I can't ever recall TJ or Hendo calling out a player by name in the press conference. I'm sure Nagy did it at times but again, extremely rare.
                        I only started following in 2008, but I don't ever remember Nagy doing it in the stretch from 2008 to when he left.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I also don't get the hate for Newitt and have never found him to be biased . Like others have mentioned, if you've watched a lot of the away games it makes you appreciate the midco production team even more (with the exception for some of the video/audio issues they have every now and then). Nieman and Newitt always are prepared and you can tell they've done their homework, even for the visiting team.

Also, I've come to expect some of the home broadcasts at smaller schools to have homer announcers and I kind of understand why given they are likely playing to their home base. If it's really that bad the volume can always be turned down. Somewhat off topic but does anyone know of a product that you can use to sync a radio broadcast to a tv telecast? It would be great to be able to listen to Tyler when watching the away games but the feeds are never in sync. If it doesn't exist lets get a Jacks' engineering student on this please.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I only started following in 2008, but I don't ever remember Nagy doing it in the stretch from 2008 to when he left.
                            I don't either, but I can't say it didn't happen. One thing about Nagy is he came across as a pessimist at times in his post game interviews when the team appeared to play well and won. But his criticisms was usually directed at the team as a whole. Like, "We were awful on defense in the first half", or "We were lucky to win because we didn't guard so and so at all".

Comment

After the Dentlinger steal and subsequent give and go dunk with Key, USD called a timeout and Lee was really angry w/ Hagedorn. Hagedorn didn't look to happy and looked like he was trying to plead his case.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                                Re: 2019 Recruits

Let's clear a few things up. For whatever reason Otz [or Lee) never tried to keep him in state. After he was released from WSU the Jacks were very welcoming.

As far as his play, get ready for one of the fiercest and most fearless competitors you will ever get to watch. It's going t be a great fit.
                                And I hate to say I told you so, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X