GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

8-0 run for FW to end the half. 32-30 Jacks lead.

Comment

After leading by 10, the Jacks give up eight straight in the final two minutes or so and lead by a deuce a the half. Didn't score in the past 3:30 of the half. Telly missed two charity shots and has no points. Great rebounding by the Jacks and certainly one of the better defensive efforts we've seen...and man-to-man no less. Telly needs to be better. Howell struggled with some misguided passes. But heaven knows we've seen worse half of hoops. Luckily, we're solid in the second half!
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Telly is expending a lot of energy guarding Konchar. It would be nice to get some offense from him though.

Comment

Sucks with how the half ended, but that was a good half of basketball. There's no questions asked that man defense is the solution. We made IPFW work on offense and didn't give up nearly as many wide open looks as with the zone. Also, it helps so much for rebounding. We have rebounded extremely well tonight. It's huge. I do see that Orris and Hess aren't great defensively. But hey, no one was good defensively when we sit in zone.

Severyn needs to stay in the rotation. A big body that works his butt off and rebounds really well. Yes, please. Tevin is a giant asset defensively. He needs to keep getting minutes.

Reed looks all out of sorts, but I'm not worried about him long term.

More than anything, that was just a fun half of basketball to watch. I get into games from hard working defense, big rebounds, and hustle. They did that. Let's pray we can put the second half together in a big way, too.

Comment

ORU beats Omaha 103-86. Jacks will be 2 games out of 8th place if they can't win today..

Comment

GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              ORU beats Omaha 103-86. Jacks will be 2 games out of 8th place if they can't win today..
              I'm not at all convinced that ORU will be the team that ends up 8th or 9th. Their OOC schedule and Summit start (mostly on the road) were conducive to a bunch of losing.

I sure hope we can get this win because we've been playing pretty decent lately.

Comment

Howell up to 9 rebounds so far ... He's really working on the glass today.

Comment

Howell is tough and scrappy. He's clanks some shots, but his defense helps against an offensively loaded team like Fort Wayne.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks are shooting way too many threes on offense today. Have shot 26 threes out of 39 total shots.

IPFW leads by 5, 14 min left.

Comment

Starting to fall in love with the three.

Comment

Daum and Hess with 33 of the 44 SDSU points. No one else has really done much offensively.

Comment

Love how athletic Howell is and his motor. Little out of control though at times.

Comment

Daum with another three that puts him over 1000 points for his career. Just insane for a sophomore.

Jacks lead by 2, 9:25 left

Comment

Daum with another three.

SDSU 55, IPFW 50, 7:54 left.

Daum with 27 points, 7-12 from three. Hess is 5-13 from three for 15 points.

Comment

Definitely a different team playing man. Better late than never

Comment

Working...
                                X