Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I'm not at all convinced that ORU will be the team that ends up 8th or 9th. Their OOC schedule and Summit start (mostly on the road) were conducive to a bunch of losing.

I sure hope we can get this win because we've been playing pretty decent lately.
    I think you're right about this. I think WIU will be the one fighting for the 8th seed again.

Comment

Well wasn't that fun. We are still in last place and not a guarantee to make the SLT, and we also are good enough to beat everyone in the league. Crazy times. From the TV, the Frost sounded loud and looked pretty packed. Everyone needed this rejuvenation.

Happy for the players. This has to feel good to know they can defend. I hope Tevin is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        How about this? SDSU was +12 on the glass and had 20 assists on 25 made baskets. Orris had 10 assists.

Telly, though, was brutal. 0 points on 0-3 shooting and 0-2 from the line. Also had 4 turnovers.

If the Jacks can play this well defensively on the road, I'll be impressed. Still, a nice win tonight.
        +12 on the glass was huge. Probably the biggest factor in this game. We were absolutely dominant on the glass.

Comment

Who ever said we should run man to man I think was on to something and who ever said run the pick and pop and daum. Glad the coaches changed it up. Frankly from the beginning of the season I felt like it was ndsus to lose the conference.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm just thrilled we don't have to hear the quote we hear after every game " this zone gives us best chance to win" .... just get to tournament, and with huge huge home court advantage anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              What a show by Daum!

Gritty win today. The race for 8th is a long way from over. If we can defend like that for the next 8 games we should pick up some wins.
              8th??? Let's go for 2nd. We are only 2 games out and play the second place team on Wednesday. And already have a win against the other team in 2nd.

After what has happened this this year that may sounds ambitious but if we play like we did today we can beat anyone in the league. If we go on a run of 4 or 5 games the conference is wideone. 2-9 is only separated by 2 games.

Comment

I got worried when Severyn nailed the hat trick, but we fortunately got the rebound on the last one. Hess could have easily had at least two more three's - they were halfway down. When Howell plays under control, he is definitely an asset. Orris with 10 assist and only 2 turnovers had his best game. Now if they can just get Telly out of his offensive funk.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                  8th??? Let's go for 2nd. We are only 2 games out and play the second place team on Wednesday.
                  Wednesday will be a big one. Denver killed NDSU on their home floor but also lost to USD there too. There is no dominant team in the league this year (sorry NDSU), so whoever is playing the best going into the tournament will be the favorite, IMO, regardless of their seed.

Comment

Excellent defense that seemed to give the team energy on both ends of the floor. That was Jackrabbit basketball.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Who ever said we should run man to man I think was on to something and who ever said run the pick and pop and daum. Glad the coaches changed it up. Frankly from the beginning of the season I felt like it was ndsus to lose the conference.
                      Thanks. People were getting frustrated with me but I guess I had some valid points on both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                        Thanks. People were getting frustrated with me but I guess I had some valid points on both of those.
                        You were right with zone, just like 95% of people on here. Very good call on pick and pop with daum, maybe tj heard you

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                          You were right with zone, just like 95% of people on here. Very good call on pick and pop with daum, maybe tj heard you
                          Im just baffled by how long it took to abandon the zone. I love a zone as change of pace but it was obvious we were getting shredded in it when we played it exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Im just baffled by how long it took to abandon the zone. I love a zone as change of pace but it was obvious we were getting shredded in it when we played it exclusively.
                            Maybe they wanted more practice time in man to man before brining it back into a game? If they were only playing zone in practice maybe they needed more time. It clearly looks better these last 2 games.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tweet from Kevin Connors, ESPN
                              @GoJacksMBB @dauminator24 @GoJacksSDSU @coachotz @CoachKlink Hope you can catch SportsCenter tonight 10:15 EST. It'll be worth it. #GoJacks

Comment

And Otz just retweeted it. Just think of all those followers of his who will now be exposed to Jackrabbit BB !

Comment

Working...
                                X