GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Link to free audio of the Coaches show. TJ talks about the zone (as others have mentioned in this thread).
    https://t.co/IIVAvmHiR1

Comment

Has Lane Severyn been relegated to just a practice player?
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
        Looks that way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          In addition to Daum taking less pounding, Otz also said Telly benefits by not having to play the 4 in man defense and can play more minutes. I think they eventually put a re-broadcast of the coaches show up on the Jacks website if anyone wants to hear Otz's explanation.
          Tyler said on the radio during the USD game that Telly has played more minutes than anyone in the country. We need him out there. He is one of the better defenders. You see him take a lot of charges plus he is long. He can score from numerous places offensively. So, it isn't a surprise his minutes are high but it also isn't a surprise hearing just how high they are that his stats from 3PT are down.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
            Well, I guess you could've said the same thing about Orris, right? Now he is starting. My take is the coaches are playing the players that they think give them the best chance to win, period. Telly is playing more minutes than anyone in the country and Severyn is his backup. That doesn't mean a lot of minutes. He is capable of playing more than one position but that is where he is best. That is one take. The other would be that he isn't doing something that fits into the system. Does he struggle in zone? I have no idea.

I'm like the rest of you and love to see the local kids play but for some reasons he isn't getting minutes. We need to have faith in the coaches. They have certainly shown a willingness to change things around. They pulled El Darwich's red shirt, they were starting Gentry while now he isn't getting minutes, and they have moved Orris from the end of the bench into the starting role. They are definitely mixing it up. It is up to each player to earn those minutes. That shouldn't be any different under Nagy, Otzelberger, Calipari, or any coach.

He's a nice kid and I hope he earns more minutes.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It's the time of the season when most coaches narrow the rotation. It appears that the Jacks will mainly have an 8 man rotation with Wallace, Flatten and Theisen being the first three off the bench. Pretty much the same as with the previous staff.

Comment

Working...
              X