GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Gritty win. We could have folded when Used made that run in the second half but they got tough instead. Need more of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Great win.

I'm still more concerned with the offense than I am the defense. I'd just like to see more from Reed. He plays his butt off on defense, so I can't be too critical.
      We need a consistent second threat no doubt. I'm the opposite though in that I'm more concerned with D. But glad they got a win. The rollercoaster ride continues!

Comment

Telly and Hess made some shots today but they along with many others turned the ball over way too many times. But we got a win and i think any win this year is a good win. I think Flatten ended up with 0 points. Not even sure he shot the ball today but i might be wrong.

Comment

The Jacks were fortunate to come out with the W even with all the self-inflicted wounds. When Daum gets doubled, he needs to pass out of it if he can't make something happen right away. And everyone else seems to panic when they get doubled and help isn't there right away. Otz really lit the team up during the first timeout of the second half - his face was redder than the Yotes jerseys. That seemed to settle everyone down a little.

Comment

And did El Darwich run over one of the coaches dogs, or what ? Zero minutes in the last 2 games. Orris had the game of his life at Wichita, but has been pretty ordinary since. He tries to penetrate and create something, but gets hung up too often with nowhere to go. I liked the length Sergio provided on top of the zone, and he rebounded well. But neither of these two offer any kind of offensive threat up top. Wallace gives that, but he doesn't seem to be that true point guard type of player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Sorry Brad Knew itt, your yotes did not get it done and you were very generous with your praise for the team that you once grad assisted.
              Um... didn't Tom Nieman play basketball for SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                Brad Newitt seems to have a propensity to frame calls in the Jacks' favor as "too close to call" or plays that "could've gone either way" and is also generally good for pointing out at least one missed call per half that the Jacks "got away with."

If your assertion is that Tom Nieman is as biased, we'll have to agree to disagree.

If you watched the women's game on Midco, I can think of at least one specific example where Elsen questioned the legitimacy of a call against the 'Yotes, but Kelly Stewart said the refs made the right call. If Brad could be more like Kelly, he'd be much more tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Brad Newitt seems to have a propensity to frame calls in the Jacks' favor as "too close to call" or plays that "could've gone either way" and is also generally good for pointing out at least one missed call per half that the Jacks "got away with."

If your assertion is that Tom Nieman is as biased, we'll have to agree to disagree.

If you watched the women's game on Midco, I can think of at least one specific example where Elsen questioned the legitimacy of a call against the 'Yotes, but Kelly Stewart said the refs made the right call. If Brad could be more like Kelly, he'd be much more tolerable.
                  The first time I heard or saw this guy, I wondered what his connection was to USED and doing a google I found out. Yes Tom is hopelessly biased towards SDSU. That's okay if you are part of Jackrabbit Corner, the program he hosts on a weekly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                    Yes he did. He rode the pine mostly under Jim Thorson and a loyal alum.

Comment

I didn't know Nieman played. I do see him in old videos from our party house, but never met the guy as I recall.

Any win over USD is a good win. Wish I'd been there.

Comment

2500+ today, 2800+ wed night. Id say we missed out on another 3000+ fans because the Summit League doesnt get it. Anyone have an email address i can bitch to?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          2500+ today, 2800+ wed night. Id say we missed out on another 3000+ fans because the Summit League doesnt get it. Anyone have an email address i can bitch to?
                          The Northern Sun pulled the same thing putting USF vs Augie games tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            I know it does not seem right for the SL to do this to us, but I have been told that conference schedules are put together ten years or more in advance. They attempt to make it fair for every conference member. Why does SDSU VS NDSU and SDSU VS USD always come the first week of the conference? I dont have an answer. I guess it could be that we start the schedule against the two Indiana schools on the road, and might be ideal, but not this year. We might be in a down year anyway, and with out a good product, it's a task to get a packed house.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I know it does not seem right for the SL to do this to us, but I have been told that conference schedules are put together ten years or more in advance.
                              SDSU wasn't even in the Summit League ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                SDSU wasn't even in the Summit League ten years ago.
                                True but when we joined, we got this schedule in which we start and finish with NDSU. I suspect that new members are added to an existing schedule. My guess is that they dont start over to accommodate rivalry games.

Comment

Working...
                                X