• Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Mike Miller is hilarious. I love it. He's still tweeting about it
    https://twitter.com/mikemiller_13/st...67369535414278
    https://twitter.com/mikemiller_13/st...68151429189632
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I like Mike, as he has been a positive representative of South Dakota, but he probably should settle down about this. There was nothing atypical about the process, and there is nothing nefarious about going with a known quantity.

Mike would really flip sh*t if his brother went through the hiring process that has been employed by college athletic administrators on family/friends I know in the coaching industry.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced Sell Made the right choice. I wouldn't have been disappointed in Ryan Miller and in fact he was initially my first choice but I am starting to almost view that hire as hiring a close relative. Could you imagine if things started to go south with the program how things would have played out. Between the over zealousness of his supporters and the very public profile of a close family member I am starting to believe would have made for a very uncomfortable setting. I am glad that Mike thinks he has his brothers back, but at this point he is only cementing the fact that AD Sell got it right.

Comment

How come Mike and the rest of the Miller fan club didn't flip their #### when Ryan didn't get the USD job? Maybe they did and I just wasn't paying attention.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            How come Mike and the rest of the Miller fan club didn't flip their #### when Ryan didn't get the USD job? Maybe they did and I just wasn't paying attention.
            He apparently wants people to choose between him (and his clan) and SDSU, and believes that choice will be (obviously!) in his favor.

I suspect he is mistaken. Badly, badly mistaken.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              He apparently wants people to choose between him (and his clan) and SDSU, and believes that choice will be (obviously!) in his favor.

I suspect he is mistaken. Badly, badly mistaken.
              It's too bad really. His clan all have to realize that Macy is still a part of SDSU Athletics for 2 more years and all of this can't be anything less than awkward for her...
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It's too bad really. His clan all have to realize that Macy is still a part of SDSU Athletics for 2 more years and all of this can't be anything less than awkward for her...
                I would guess he is commenting with only himself in mind. One of the downfalls of being on a pedestal your whole life. Very much like out of touch Hollywood figures commenting on social issues merely because they have the stage and not necessarily the information.

Comment

Macy will be just fine.

Comment

You make a good point. I don't recall any backlash when Miller didn't get the USD job. But based on what I've read (not just here) my theory is that Ryan and Mike didn't raise hell about USD because they felt he got a legit interview and was fairly considered. I've seen from good sources (like Zimmer) that there is confirmation that when people like Calipari called Sell he never called them back. That certainly gives the appearance that Sell's mind was already made up. Not to mention it's pretty unprofessional not to return someone's call. At least that's what my parents taught me growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I invite the new members of the board who joined in the past week and provided good entertainment about whether TJ should be the head coach, to make at least one more visit on this board, telling a little bit about themselves. For example, one guy deflected a question with a comment that he was a taxpayer (implying that he was a South Dakota taxpayer --- I have decent evidence that shows he's hunkered down in the middle of Iowa, apparently looking to grind the dull axe he was carrying).

Nah, those anti-TJ guys are probably long gone. But, we may have picked up a new fan or too from the pro-TJ guys. Welcome aboard!
                      I look forward to watching the Jackrabbitts program. Am a big fan of Coach TJ. Know him from his days back in Wisconsin. He is an engaging guy who will get good players and coaches to Brookings.

I did not know much about the other guys but I do know that Coach TJ will surround himself with good people. He will get good players to Brookings and he will represent SDSU wonderfully. He's a good guy. A down to earth kind of guy. Always upbeat, always positive and VERY rare that anyone will outwork him!

Comment

FWIW, Ryan and/or someone with a cooler head must have gotten to Mike, because these tweets are deleted.

Or maybe Mike cooled down on his own.

I wish the Millers no ill will, and I'm ready to cheer for Coach Otz, and team.

Comment

Sad thing is that Mike's little mini rant will reflect poorly on his brother. Like I've said a few times. There is a reason he didn't get this job, the USD job, or any other that he has applied for. Yes, that could be that Sell had a couple top candidates. It could also mean there is a reason we passed on Miller. Unfortunately, after those tweets the chances of him getting a look next time are probably greatly diminished. In fact, for me, it made me feel 200% better about the hire we made. SDSU does things the right way and with class. This hire fits the way we do things.

Wish Ryan Miller the best. Don't know him at all.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            Sad thing is that Mike's little mini rant will reflect poorly on his brother. Like I've said a few times. There is a reason he didn't get this job, the USD job, or any other that he has applied for. Yes, that could be that Sell had a couple top candidates. It could also mean there is a reason we passed on Miller. Unfortunately, after those tweets the chances of him getting a look next time are probably greatly diminished. In fact, for me, it made me feel 200% better about the hire we made. SDSU does things the right way and with class. This hire fits the way we do things.

Wish Ryan Miller the best. Don't know him at all.

SUPERBUNNY
                            Agree with what you said. Mike's antics really reinforce to me that Sell made the right decision in going with TJ. Nothing worse than a program with outside drama attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualJacksFan View Post
                              You make a good point. I don't recall any backlash when Miller didn't get the USD job. But based on what I've read (not just here) my theory is that Ryan and Mike didn't raise hell about USD because they felt he got a legit interview and was fairly considered. I've seen from good sources (like Zimmer) that there is confirmation that when people like Calipari called Sell he never called them back. That certainly gives the appearance that Sell's mind was already made up. Not to mention it's pretty unprofessional not to return someone's call. At least that's what my parents taught me growing up.
                              lol at not calling Calipari back. Once Miler was eliminated/never considered/whatever, there would be no need to call that reference. In one of Zimmers interviews, Sell mentioned the incredible amount of phone tag they were playing with coaches,references,etc... But he should drop everything to call big John?

Hopefully Ryan learned some things in case he gets another shot in the future. My advice would to be not break out the big guns too early. Wait until you get an actual interview before flashing your autographed picture of Steve Alford.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                FWIW, Ryan and/or someone with a cooler head must have gotten to Mike, because these tweets are deleted.

Or maybe Mike cooled down on his own.

I wish the Millers no ill will, and I'm ready to cheer for Coach Otz, and team.
                                I never got to see those tweets. I feel cheated.

Comment

Working...
                                X