Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    Well....who does macy miller and the best player on the men's team want?? They both want ryan miller... but sell is going with tj.... go for sodak roots...the name..the connections... it seems soo obvious because it is. Stop over thinking
    If our AD is making hiring decisions based on what a 20-year old college athlete thinks, we have bigger problems to worry about than who our next head coach is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Daum following him on Twitter a week ago doesn't mean he thinks Miller is the best candidate. Weren't some players going to be involved with meeting with the finalists, which probably is just happening now ?
      Following someone on twitter doesn't mean its an endorsement, probably just the first big name floated so he followed him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        Following someone on twitter doesn't mean its an endorsement, probably just the first big name floated so he followed him.
        Or it may have been a conscious decision that he had strong interest. Or...
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Or it may have been a conscious decision that he had strong interest. Or...
          Maybe if I can get some SDSU players to follow me on twitter they'd endorse me as the next head coach? (I'd do if for $100K a year as well)

When making a hire like this there is so much behind the scenes that SDSU can't release, that the public will never know about. Was there red flags in the interview or background check? Was there questions about the references? Was there problems with salary?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            If our AD is making hiring decisions based on what a 20-year old college athlete thinks, we have bigger problems to worry about than who our next head coach is going to be.
            Not a 20 yr old athlete u idiot...Mike daum...the dauminator. ..it does matter... and it doesn't matter come thurs when new coach is announced....

Comment

Not a 20 yr old athlete u idiot...Mike daum...the dauminator. ..it does matter... and it doesn't matter come thurs when new coach is announced....
              A) Nothing about this post makes sense.

B) Just a little hint. Calling someone an 'idiot' on here isn't well received...by anyone.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

B) Just a little hint. Calling someone an 'idiot' on here isn't well received...by anyone.
                He's right, you know, minnesotarabbit. It's a sure-fire way to find yourself banned by Filbert or one of the other admins.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                  He's right, you know, minnesotarabbit. It's a sure-fire way to find yourself banned by Filbert or one of the other admins.
                  True. That being said, I don't want to see anyone get banned. This board needs new posters.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

All I'm saying...he's not a 20 yr old kid... he's the guy leading the jacks for the next 2 yrs
                    & 2...come thurs when tj is announced ..it doesn't matter anyways

Comment

All I'm saying...he's not a 20 yr old kid... he's the guy leading the jacks for the next 2 yrs
                      & 2...come thurs when tj is announced ..it doesn't matter anyways
                      See how easy that was. You dont have to call people names.

Comment

We got some pretty sh*%%y mind readers on this board.

In all seriousness though, we can look at resumes until our eyes bleed, but generally the resume is what gets you in the door, but the interview is what gets you the job.

As far as I know, none of us are sitting in on these interviews, asking the tough questions, hearing the candidates' answers, having diner with them, or seeing how they interact with the players, students, and community at South Dakota State.

I have biases, but I also realize I have an absence of information that I most certainly would need to make the decision.

I'm not a rank-and-fill fan, but I've developed a lot of faith in Justin Sells decision making over the years.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Tweet from zimmer in reply to another tweet: @ryerick TJ's pretty much a done deal from what I hear.

Comment

There was no question sell was going to use his Iowa ties. 2 Iowa connection/friends of sells didn't have phone interviews they had campus interviews. 2 South Dakota coaches had phone interviews. Obviously both billeter and Miller phone interviews were courtesy which is fine if sell wants to go elsewhere. But when people say you don't know what happened in the interview, it's kind of bogus because one guy was on campus and offered before they had conversations with any other coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
                              There was no question sell was going to use his Iowa ties. 2 Iowa connection/friends of sells didn't have phone interviews they had campus interviews. 2 South Dakota coaches had phone interviews. Obviously both billeter and Miller phone interviews were courtesy which is fine if sell wants to go elsewhere. But when people say you don't know what happened in the interview, it's kind of bogus because one guy was on campus and offered before they had conversations with any other coach.
                              Two guys had been on campus.

Comment

FWIW: https://twitter.com/NickESPN991/stat...15837520736256

Comment

Working...
                                X