Transfers Leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers Leaving

Some conferences have the in-conference transfer rule, some schools have put restrictions on any one on their schedule. Some have a list. Sometimes when they are graduate transfers the rules don't apply.

As for who is transferring because of this, my guess is everyone is going to wait to see who the next coach is.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Some conferences have the in-conference transfer rule, some schools have put restrictions on any one on their schedule. Some have a list. Sometimes when they are graduate transfers the rules don't apply.

As for who is transferring because of this, my guess is everyone is going to wait to see who the next coach is.
      I should clarify that some conferences have rules that differ from the NCAA. They may require that an athlete sit two years for example.

The point that I'm trying to make is that an athlete can transfer to any school at any time. However, if they want to go to a school that is restricted by the school they can't have any contact with that school about playing basketball, football, etc. So if that athlete transfers to a restricted school they would have no knowledge if they have a scholarship in a year, they'd have to sit a year (at least), and they'd have to pay their own way for that year.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
        Another example of where it happened. When Colton Iverson transferred from Minnesota, he was not allowed to go to any schools that were on the Gophers schedule for the upcoming years.
        So that's why he never considered SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I should clarify that some conferences have rules that differ from the NCAA. They may require that an athlete sit two years for example.

The point that I'm trying to make is that an athlete can transfer to any school at any time. However, if they want to go to a school that is restricted by the school they can't have any contact with that school about playing basketball, football, etc. So if that athlete transfers to a restricted school they would have no knowledge if they have a scholarship in a year, they'd have to sit a year (at least), and they'd have to pay their own way for that year.
          I understand what you are saying, schools can make it very difficult for players to transfer, but usually they lose the challenge, and it looks bad on the program. However many times they are also successful in the process of making it difficult.

What I'd do if I was Sell, would tell all the players that he will not grant permission to talk, until X date. And say wait for the hire before doing anything. Then if you aren't happy we will talk.

Comment

Trying to restrict where players can transfer can turn in to a pr nightmare. Recently Michigan tried with two basketball players. It was actually a conference rule. ESPN's Mike Greenberg just trashed both Michigan and the Big Ten. They lifted the restrictions last Friday.

Comment

Recent Daum Twitter post. Take it for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/dauminator24/sta...81847952322560

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Recent Daum Twitter post. Take it for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/dauminator24/sta...81847952322560
                Good to see #gojacks still included with the "excited for the future" !

Comment

And Flatten...

https://twitter.com/sflatten1/status/717092545180729344
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Good to see #gojacks still included with the "excited for the future" !
                    The notion of Daum going to Iowa State is wishful thinking on the used board.

Comment

I think the Iowa State reference is into the Transfer U notion they gained with Hoiberg as HC.

Comment

Its awesome to see these guys putting something positive out there. Great things will be ahead if they stick together and give things a chance to unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Its awesome to see these guys putting something positive out there. Great things will be ahead if they stick together and give things a chance to unfold.
                          Unless Sell hires a complete d-bag I'm guessing we won't see any more departures. These kids are showing some great maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Further testament to Nagy's coaching, IMHO. The guy could look like an absolute jerk on the bench sometimes but testament to him in so other ways in times like this. Honestly, I was most impressed in how he hung in there when things were really bad. That says something about mental toughness that no game situation can ever replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Unless Sell hires a complete d-bag I'm guessing we won't see any more departures. These kids are showing some great maturity.
                              Its not the first time he thought about or had his name in the hat for other jobs. Even last year he was out there being talked about leaving. So it shouldnt really come to much of a surprise that it eventually happened and the guys on the team probably new it was a real possibility.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Further testament to Nagy's coaching, IMHO. The guy could look like an absolute jerk on the bench sometimes but testament to him in so other ways in times like this. Honestly, I was most impressed in how he hung in there when things were really bad. That says something about mental toughness that no game situation can ever replicate.
                                I think thats probably why Nagy stuck around as long as he had after Wolters left. He easily could have then. But I think he knew that SDSU stuck with him when they didnt have too so he stayed longer then he might have had too.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X