Transfers Leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers Leaving

I heard today from one of the players that the men's basketball program will be having two transfers leave. One is Connor Devine and the other is Logan Doyle. Connor will be a graduate transfer and plans to go to a school in Alaska for his last season. He wants to have his family up there is my understanding of the move. Logan is leaving because it appears he will not be getting more playing time in the future with the team. I'm not sure what school he is looking into. This makes sense why we have recently been offering lots of scholarships. I wish both of them the very best with their future.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Re: Transfers Leaving

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    I heard today from one of the players that the men's basketball program will be having two transfers leave. One is Connor Devine and the other is Logan Doyle. Connor will be a graduate transfer and plans to go to a school in Alaska for his last season. He wants to have his family up there is my understanding of the move. Logan is leaving because it appears he will not be getting more playing time in the future with the team. I'm not sure what school he is looking into. This makes sense why we have recently been offering lots of scholarships. I wish both of them the very best with their future.
    I'm guessing Connor will be attending UAA. His sister is on the women's team. He will be very good for UAA.

Comment

Which player did you hear it from?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Which player did you hear it from?
        Lane Severyn, I talked to him today in the union. I cross referenced Logan Doyle with the kid that was going to live with him next year and he confirmed that Logan will be transferring.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Totally understandable for both. Best of luck to them at their next destination.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Lane Severyn, I talked to him today in the union. I cross referenced Logan Doyle with the kid that was going to live with him next year and he confirmed that Logan will be transferring.
            Thank you for sourcing appropriately.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Good luck to both of them! Devine would have had a small, but important role next year I think. As many noted on here, he really seemed to step up his offensive game the last half of the season.

As a side note, this thread is like the exact opposite of the football thread where the two coaches left during the offseason. Nice work, J4D.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Good luck to both of them! Devine would have had a small, but important role next year I think. As many noted on here, he really seemed to step up his offensive game the last half of the season.

As a side note, this thread is like the exact opposite of the football thread where the two coaches left during the offseason. Nice work, J4D.
                Connor was terrific this year in spot duty. He seems like a fine young man and you can't blame him for wanting to move his family home. Best of luck to both of them.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just came over here from twitter because I was reading through Jeff Goodman's transfer list and saw both Devine and Doyle on the list.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Opportunity to upgrade and add some depth.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Connor was terrific this year in spot duty. He seems like a fine young man and you can't blame him for wanting to move his family home. Best of luck to both of them.
                      I would have to say both appeared to be good teammates even with limited (or in Doyle's case zero) minutes. Neither sulked at the end of the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        From the Jackrabbit Extra Connor is married and a very recent father, so I would think he would want to be back with grandparents. I believe he has relatives in Watertown, but when you got a small one, you want to share him with both sets of parents. Good luck Connor, you have represented SDSU in a most honorable fashion.

Comment

I wish them both the best and understand the move. Every year there are one or two.

On the plus side, there are a couple more scholarships to work with as we come off a very successful season. This is a good time to have some options.

Comment

Doyle was expected. Connor would have contributed next year. Definitely hurts depth.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If Conner is graduating and going to graduate school as implied in the first post or two, it does't make sense for him to postpose his graduate education and career for a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X