The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

For most of the game, ORU simply wanted the game more than the Jacks did. I think it would be fair to say that both Parks and Marshall had one of their worst games, especially from the ball-handling standpoint. Daum was Daum, fortunately for SDSU. He made the play of the game with the rebound of a missed Jacks free throw. If I recall correctly, that is what finally gave us the lead, but that last minute was pretty crazy.

But, the Jacks were in the process of losing this game as a team, and then suddenly they were winning the game as a team.

Everybody, exhale!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Complete Daumination!! Marshall and Parks did not play well. Reed got abused on the defensive end by their 4's and missed a couple of open 3's that would have been huge. Thiesen didn't hurt us, he played like he normally does.... Once Conley fouled out we were able to start winning on the glass which fueled the comeback.
      We just had no answer for their front court. Having two shot blockers like that really allowed their perimeter defense to play tight defense on the three point line. Took SDSU out of their game from the beginning
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wasn't trying to **** on anybody. The whole team looked in a daze for a majority of the game. Daum took it upon him to get us back in it. Parks got a big three, we buckeled down on defense, and Telly got a huge rebound.

Comment

We played bad.

They played good.

We still won,

Even though they should.

Goodnight.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

I can't say that was fun, but we won and live to play another day. Holy $#!7

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              We played bad.

They played good.

We still won,

Even though they should.

Goodnight.
              A win is a win. As a fan, I don't have a problem claiming the win. Coach Nagy said in the press conference, ORU is tired of loosing to us.

Comment

Those last 2:00 were as much fun as one can have without breaking the law. March Madness at its finest. I'm glad I was there.

Comment

We won. Nuff said... on to Monday.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Jacks had a bad 10 or 15 minutes in the first half, but played much better, especially on defense, during the second half. ORU made something like 7 of its first 8 shots in the game. That was unlikely to continue and it didn't. Credit all of the Jacks for fighting to the end.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Well, as has been said many many times---the game isn't over until the horn sounds. If you can't play well enough in the last 5-10 minutes of games when it really counts, then you might be 14 and 17 like Oral Roberts--even though you played well the first 30 minutes or so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        I don't agree with you a whole lot.....but you are spot on here. Some of our very worst fans reside on this board.
                        Call me a bad fan but your completely full of ****. We had no business winning that game. None.....but we did. Im sure you had warm fuzzies the whole game. IMO, part of being a good fan is being realistic. We sucked for much of that game.

Questioning fans, especially on this board is well just plain dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          We won. Nuff said... on to Monday.
                          ill second this. Survive and advance.

Comment

When the Jacks cut it to 5 or 6 early in the second half and ORU then got it back to double figures, I wasn't sure the Jacks had another run in them, but they certainly did. Many times after a team survives a game like this, they come out on fire in the next game, and I believe the team, and especially George and Deondre will do that. And you have to give ORU credit - they had a good game plan, especially defensively, and played their butts off. And where was Owens in Brookings ? He certainly played like a man last night.

Comment

Finally watched Nagy in the post game. He said pretty much what all of us were thinking about the game.

I have had my moments with doubting him as a coach, but his honesty towards the team is something I have always appreciated.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

In the biggest game of his life, Daum simply stepped up and willed his veteran team to a win.

-26 points in 24 minutes - a career high.
                                -Broke the all-time freshman point record.
                                -Hit several huge FT down the stretch.
                                -Got THAT rebound and putback.

Are they selling #24 jerseys yet? If not, they will be before long.

Comment

Working...
                                X