Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    In the biggest game of his life, Daum simply stepped up and willed his veteran team to a win.

-26 points in 24 minutes - a career high.
    -Broke the all-time freshman point record.
    -Hit several huge FT down the stretch.
    -Got THAT rebound and putback.

Are they selling #24 jerseys yet? If not, they will be before long.
    Jay Bilas would not approve.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It's time to give credit where credit is due. In the past I have been critical of our crowd at times (Frost in general & last years SL championship game). Last night the crowd was awesome. I believe that if that game was played in any other building SDSU would've lost. I also thought Mike Daum was pretty good........

Hopefully after surviving last night the team will loosen up and play basketball the rest of the way. As the minutes counted down you could feel the tension from our players - except Mike. Great win. My voice needs a rest. See you Monday night.

Go Rabbits!
      Last edited by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit; 03-06-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
        It's time to give credit where credit is due. In the past I have been critical of our crowd at times (Forster in general & last years SL championship game). Last night the crowd was awesome. I believe that if that game was played in any other building SDSU would've lost. I also thought Mike Daum was pretty good........

Hopefully after surviving last night the team will loosen up and play basketball the rest of the way. As the minutes counted down you could feel the tension from our players - except Mike. Great win. My voice needs a rest. See you Monday night.

Go Rabbits!
        That is the one thing that changes in SF. Maybe it's because they've won 29 straight at Frost, so we really don't have to will them to score or get a stop too often in Frost. It's not awesome to be down by 11 for what seemed to be the entire game, but it's awesome when the Jacks get one bucket down 11 and 7500 people get up and yell.

I will say there was one other player on the Jacks that had a pretty solid game.Moffitt. Quiet, but solid. He was not afraid to take the ball to the hole against their bigs and he drew fouls. His FT percentage isn't great, but last night he was good enough at the line. And what did Obi have in the second half, 5 points? Everybody said Obi will just get his 20, well he didn't and Moffitt had a lot to do with that. And it was great to see that the Jacks forced the ball out of Obi's hand the last two possessions and said if you guys are going to beat us, somebody beside Obi is going to have to do it.

I'm not going to pour it on the other two in the backcourt, but if the Jacks are going to win this thing one of those two is going to have to be a big reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Call me a bad fan but your completely full of ****. We had no business winning that game. None.....but we did. Im sure you had warm fuzzies the whole game. IMO, part of being a good fan is being realistic. We sucked for much of that game.

Questioning fans, especially on this board is well just plain dumb.
          Never said I had warm fuzzies the whole game, in fact I was pretty sure we were done. In fact I'm also pretty sure that I was just as pissed as you were......I just never felt inclined to call out players by name and say no one on the team even cared or tried........that is just plain dumb.

By by the way thanks for the negative rep points, and what exactly am I supposed to eat?��
          Last edited by NebraskaJack; 03-06-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            Daum. Period. Period. Period. Everybody else was awful. One man with so much heart and desire and talent. Good on you, kid. Good on you.
            Really, Mike played and we needed every point but look at what every single player did on the defensive end last night. That was the best team defense I've seen all season when every point and defensive stop mattered. I agree that some didn't have their best offensive games but to make a comeback like that we grew up as a team last night. Did everyone notice the communication among players on the court. I hadn't seen that much all year. So before we start bashing players for what they didn't do offensively let's feel good that they came together defensively on the court and brought to light what Coach has been preaching all year long, that defense wins games!!!

Comment

Time to remind people to address posts, not posters.

There IS a difference between saying "that's an idiotic statement" and "you are an idiot." One is an opinion. The other is smack.

One may find one's self banned without prior warning for smack in non-smack threads.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                Some of our very worst fans reside on this board.
                Yes at times I say irrelevant things, but seldom have criticized the players. These guys are students like you and I were once. They represent us and not always do the best that we continue to expect. They have voted maybe twice in their lives, assuming they vote in national elections. So I would agree with RO that we seem to pick on those who are not named Daum. Maybe too much expectations. For the first time in his career, George Marshall was having difficulties dribbling and hanging on to the ball. You have to credit ORU staff and players for studying their game films and finding a way to rattle an excellent player like GM. Right now, the future for Mike Daum is so bright that he might be the next Phil Jackson. Daum scored 5 points in first half and 21 in the second half. A great way to finish a game.

Comment

This team played their worst basketball for 3/4 of the game. Then they followed that by playing some of their best.
                  Did some of the guys have a bad night? Certainly. But those same guys have stepped up at different points of the season to help the team get here.

I'm still concerned about Bittle. He just hasn't seemed to be 100% after his injury.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

We're bashing our own players a lot, which overlooks the reality that ORU played great for two-thirds of the game. Ultimately it was a great win for the Jacks. Congrats, guys!
                    This space for lease.

Comment

The Jacks had an almost perfect game plan thrown against them, but found a way to prevail (Daum) Truly encouraging. Now to find some dominating guards for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        In the biggest game of his life, Daum simply stepped up and willed his veteran team to a win.

-26 points in 24 minutes - a career high.
                        -Broke the all-time freshman point record.
                        -Hit several huge FT down the stretch.
                        -Got THAT rebound and putback.

Are they selling #24 jerseys yet? If not, they will be before long.
                        We have had a number of very good players since Nate Wolters. But Mike might be the first one to have the "it" factor since he left. The ability to put the team on his back and carry them when things aren't going well. If we can continue to surround him with good players, it's exciting to think of what the next three years could bring.

Comment

On a more important note, I'm all for banning all pep bands except ORU's and having them play the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            We have had a number of very good players since Nate Wolters. But Mike might be the first one to have the "it" factor since he left. The ability to put the team on his back and carry them when things aren't going well. If we can continue to surround him with good players, it's exciting to think of what the next three years could bring.
                            The only weakness, albeit small, is his defense and even that has improved throughout the year. Nagy mentioned that in the post game presser.

If the regular season was his coming out party, what are we going to refer to this tournament as?
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              On a more important note, I'm all for banning all pep bands except ORU's and having them play the whole time!
                              You mean the local hired talent.

Comment

I think we played perhaps the toughest 7 seed of all-time and perhaps the ORU game will prepare us to win this thing. I prefer playing Denver next.

Comment

Working...
                                X