Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    On a more important note, I'm all for banning all pep bands except ORU's and having them play the whole time!
    I would like to point out that ORU's pep band is a hired group, except for their rhythm section. I believe they are unable to bring their full band, for what ever reason, so for the second year in a row, they hired South Dakota professional musicians. Some are actually SDSU grads. They would cheer for ORU, but you could tell they weren't cheering too enthusiastically when ORU made a great play because they really wanted the Jackrabbits to win. I'm sorry if our pep band isn't up to your standards; we are doing our best, and I would be happy explain to you why we are at the level we are at compared to ORU's. Thank you. Go Jacks!
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

That game was nutzos.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would like to point out that we just played ORU in Frost a week ago. If you think ORU wasn't going to come out and try and hand it to us after just losing to us, you have something coming to you. I was worried about this match-up for that reason alone. ORU was going to work really hard to try and beat us, and they figured out just what to do to shut us down. They stopped Marshall from scoring like he usually does, Deondre hasn't played as well the past few games (I honestly think he has other things on his mind right now, so lay off him!), and they just came out with a great defensive plan. The way we use Daum is genius and it's how he can be such a Dauminating factor. You can say how bad players were, but this was still a team effort; I still think Moffit and Telly had pretty good games. If you watch the SDSU highlights you get to hear Nagy talk to the team after the game. Listen to what the teams says right before they break their huddle; it will tell you everything. See you all Monday. Go Jacks!
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I'd like to pile on to the credit-fest for ORU. They made their open shots and played with a defensive intensity I did not see in the first two games. They came out ready to go.

Most of us knew that the talent gap between the top and bottom of the men's bracket is MUCH narrower than the women's. Several of our guys had a below-average game against a team that was sharp and hungry for an upset. We are not good enough to get away with that too often. Yet, so many fans seem shocked that the game was such a battle.

Enjoy the outcome and stop fretting about the way it happened. That finale was a blast. Whatever happens tomorrow, that one will be memorable.

If you happened to enjoy last night's tension, you'll probably like tomorrow. The one game that we could count on being "easy" for SDSU was played yesterday afternoon. It's going to be a grind from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I think we played perhaps the toughest 7 seed of all-time and perhaps the ORU game will prepare us to win this thing. I prefer playing Denver next.
            Wish granted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
            X