Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs ORU

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
    As a student, I do like the split student sections. Iowa State has a similar set up too so it's not like it's an uncommon thing. Also really enjoy the back and forth cheers that come up during games, however that wasn't really the cheerleaders doing to start.
    You guys must not have gotten the memo about how terrible your seats are. I've been reading about it for a couple of years here from people who don't actually sit there.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      You guys must not have gotten the memo about how terrible your seats are. I've been reading about it for a couple of years here from people who don't actually sit there.
      Here I go again, but during my student days in the Barn, the students had the entire west side of bleachers, maybe 15 rows, plus both end seating and the balcony. Except for the west side, they more or less competed with general admission for seating on the first come first serv, basis. I think it's important to give the students what they want. They have paid with their activity fees so they should not be cheated out of good seating. But of course the donors feel they need to be treated too. Not an easy problem to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Here I go again, but during my student days in the Barn, the students had the entire west side of bleachers, maybe 15 rows, plus both end seating and the balcony. Except for the west side, they more or less competed with general admission for seating on the first come first serv, basis. I think it's important to give the students what they want. They have paid with their activity fees so they should not be cheated out of good seating. But of course the donors feel they need to be treated too. Not an easy problem to solve.
        I tend to agree with this. However, my last year as a student was the last year with the student section being on the south end of the court. I always wondered why they gave us so much room when we hardly ever filled it unless it was NDSU, USD, or a WNIT game. I think the real issue is figuring out a way to get students to come to games more often. I think this will become a huge issue with the new football stadium. Last year the student section was full for 3 games -- season opener, NDSU, and Hobo Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          If you had 2 options. One the current way or the other the end of the D-2 days with the lowered bleachers on the side. I would think you would be hard pressed to find students who perfer it this way. Maybe they like having the sites blocked by the hoops right in front of them.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
          X