GDT: SDSU vs ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs ORU

Jacks have scored 23 points in the second half in 17 minutes of play.

And Daum with the putback + the foul. FT good. Daum with 20 and 6.

Jacks lead back up to 8, 2:50 left.

Comment

Parks with a dagger three and the Jacks lead by 11 with 1 min left.

Comment

Final: SDSU 73, ORU 65.

Jacks win 29th in a row at home. Jacks clinch share of SL title.

Good chance that these teams meet again next weekend.

Daum with 20 and 6; Telly with 15, Marshall with 13, and Moffitt with 10.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Final: SDSU 73, ORU 65.

Jacks win 29th in a row at home. Jacks clinch share of SL title.

Good chance that these teams meet again next weekend.

Daum with 20 and 6; Telly with 15, Marshall with 13, and Moffitt with 10.
          A pretty good win. Could have been more sound throughout the game, but overall it's just good to get a victory on senior night and win a conference regular season championship (we don't have to put "co" on the banner, do we? ).

Seen Obi Omegano play quite a bit over the years and this game was just a reminder of how good he is. Still, he probably isn't going to win League MVP with ORU finishing 7th/8th in the conference. My vote would go to Max Landis.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Frost looks empty?
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Walked right in to that one! OH 1 - R 0. Don't count the house before the tip off!

On to the Summit! Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Just wondering, but has anyone seen ESPN's new stat system? They have added attendance as one of the things and a capacity meter. I like this because it can really show percentage-wise how some teams fill up their arena for a game and who really can draw in a crowd. My problem with it is it says Frost Arena's capacity is 8,500 people, which it hasn't been able to hold in years. This causes our percentage for capacity to drop by quite a bit since Frost now only holds 6,500. Does anyone know how we can get ESPN to get their facts straight and fix this?
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Thank God for Mike Daum. The plus/minus when he's in the game has to be staggering. Every time he left ORU went on a run, that's what kept them in the game.

He can score anyway he needs to and he's starting to see the floor and pass better as well. I don't care if he rebounds or plays lock down defense.

Jack's have to shoot better from the 3-point line in S Falls. Teams are going to pack it in, double Daum and make SDSU beat them from outside. If Daum gets in foul trouble I don't see any chance for the Jackrabbits. The other bigs.....

Our lack of quality depth could bite us again as well. Nagy basically has it down to 7 guys again. It's going to be a dogfight at the Summit.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Big win. Jacks win a share of the conference championship for the second year in a row, and five great seniors get to celebrate their last home game in style. The Jacks have won or shared three of the last four conference championships. This is a big deal. Congratulations, Jacks! Well done!
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Thank God for Mike Daum. The plus/minus when he's in the game has to be staggering. Every time he left ORU went on a run, that's what kept them in the game.

He can score anyway he needs to and he's starting to see the floor and pass better as well. I don't care if he rebounds or plays lock down defense.

Jack's have to shoot better from the 3-point line in S Falls. Teams are going to pack it in, double Daum and make SDSU beat them from outside. If Daum gets in foul trouble I don't see any chance for the Jackrabbits. The other bigs.....

Our lack of quality depth could bite us again as well. Nagy basically has it down to 7 guys again. It's going to be a dogfight at the Summit.
                      Dog fight is right. Add on top of that the general health issues with this team, and I worry about what our team will look like if we get to the 3rd game in 4 days championship. Marshall, Bittle, Tellinghuisen, Moffitt I know they will give it their all, but I just have to wonder of they are capable of performing 3 out of 4 days. We will see.
                      JackMD, point taken about the 7 man rotation, but I don't know if that will cut it because of health issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Senior Day video for those that couldn't make the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53n3kA-18M
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Oral Roberts really does present some matchup problems for us. Obviously Obi is tough for anyone to stop, but Conley really gave us headaches. Telly was forced to try and guard him but he was just too big and strong and shoved him around down low. Daum did defend him pretty well though. I liked seeing coach post Telly up against their small guards in the 2nd half. And Daum is just a beast...

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            Just wondering, but has anyone seen ESPN's new stat system? They have added attendance as one of the things and a capacity meter. I like this because it can really show percentage-wise how some teams fill up their arena for a game and who really can draw in a crowd. My problem with it is it says Frost Arena's capacity is 8,500 people, which it hasn't been able to hold in years. This causes our percentage for capacity to drop by quite a bit since Frost now only holds 6,500. Does anyone know how we can get ESPN to get their facts straight and fix this?
                            No matter how many tickets are sold, 3000 is the number of people who can actually see the whole game in Frost Arena. That's our capacity right now, IMO.

People aren't going to pay $20 for obstructed views, and we don't have the ability to charge appropriately. Need to renovate Frost badly, and the renovations need to be MUCH better than the "improvements" made in the last 20 years.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              No matter how many tickets are sold, 3000 is the number of people who can actually see the whole game in Frost Arena. That's our capacity right now, IMO.

People aren't going to pay $20 for obstructed views, and we don't have the ability to charge appropriately. Need to renovate Frost badly, and the renovations need to be MUCH better than the "improvements" made in the last 20 years.
                              This is correct. We now have one of the worse facilities in the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                This is correct. We now have one of the worse facilities in the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                But one of the best atmospheres.

Comment

Working...
                                X