Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Jacks are 20-21 at the line.

Really good to see after the recent struggles from there.

Comment

Jacks are shooting just 6-17 in the second half, but are 15-16 at the line in the half. It's turned into somewhat of a foul fest in this half.

Jacks lead 73-55 with 7:24 left.

Comment

9-0 run by the Jacks puts this one away.

SDSU leads 83-57 with 4:53 left.

Moffitt now up to 11 points. He's played well.

Jacks are 26-27 from the FT line.

Comment

Final: SDSU 85, USD 68.

Daum leads the Jacks with 24 points and 6 rebounds. Marshall with 22 points. Parks with 14 points and Moffitt added 11.

Jacks go 28-31 at the FT line.

Jacks (20-6, 9-3) play at IPFW on Thursday night. It could be a game that decides the SL.

Comment

Good win for the Jacks. Good to see local product-Mayo HS' Dan Jech play for USD.

Comment

Connor Devine had another great game. His wing span on defense was invaluable. Some of our regulars were quiet on offense.

Comment

Did Daum really have 36 rebounds? That can't be right. I saw it on a Jackrabbit post from the athletic dept.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Score obviously closer than what the game actually was. SDSU dauminated(see what I did there?) the whole game after a slow start. Good rebound game after a bad showing on defense in Omaha.

HUGE game at IPFW. Winner will be in 1st place in the Summit.

Comment

Tyler Merriam ‏@tylermerriam
                    Wichita State and Maryland both lost at home today, which means @GoJacksMBB's 27-game home win streak is 3rd longest active in nation.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Did Daum really have 36 rebounds? That can't be right. I saw it on a Jackrabbit post from the athletic dept.
                      GOJACKS score box shows 6 rebounds total. Which seems right. 36??? that's got to be an typo error.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Or Norris standing statue like after he hit a three. Stupid.

Oh yeah and Flack cant even pretend to guard Daum.
                        I wish someone had knocked Norris on his a** when he posed after making that three. If a Jack did that, I have a feeling Nagy would have a looong conversation with him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          Can someone explain to me why Thiesen gets minutes at all?
                          He's solid on all aspects of the game. Not spectacular at anything really, but solid all around.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

We must differ on the idea of solid. He plays defense by leaning on his guy, is a poor rebounder, and is below average offensively. I would much prefer a Devine/Daum rotation with Thiesen playing when we are up/down by 20.

He is above average at fouling though...

Comment

We must differ on the idea of solid. He plays defense by leaning on his guy, is a poor rebounder, and is below average offensively. I would much prefer a Devine/Daum rotation with Thiesen playing when we are up/down by 20.

Someone should tell Nagy. Seems like that would be something he would be interested in hearing.

I'd be interested to know specifics though. What about his play makes him a poor rebounder? And please don't cite his per game rebounding average, because then I know you don't pay attention. And offensively? He sets excellent screens, he can hit open 3s with efficiency, and if given the opportunity, he has nifty post moves. He's not a focus offensively like Daum is, obviously, which is why Daum plays in high leverage situations.

Can you be more specific in your critique of his play?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Are you serious? Theisen is averaging right around 4 rebounds a game. That's not bad at all considering all the good rebounding guards SDSU has with Marshall, Moffitt, Parks, Telly and Bittle. Theisen also has a FG% of 55%. His rebounds and points per game might not be eye popping but they are good role player numbers.To me, that is better than solid. He makes great plays. Yes, he does foul a little to often, but that is fixable. He is only a true sophomore. He's also pretty dang accurate from 3. He is starting at forward/center till his career is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X