GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

The 217th meeting between the Jackrabbits and Coyotes. It is probably a rivalry game even without the bag of corn. Jackrabbits lead the series 123-92-1. The yotes may be a bit fired up after the win over NDSU. The return of Flack has strengthened the line-up. They beat NDSU with a more balanced attack or the Bison covered Kasperbauer enough that someone else had to step up. The Jackrabbits need to keep the defense on top of the yotes scoring. I am sure Nagy is not wanting another game in the 90's. Every game is a must win for the Jackrabbits in order to stay at the top of the conference. Frost should be a good place for the Jackrabbits today and a sweep of USD men to follow. If weather does not get too rough, the seats will be full of bodies. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The 217th meeting between the Jackrabbits and Coyotes. It is probably a rivalry game even without the bag of corn. Jackrabbits lead the series 123-92-1. The yotes may be a bit fired up after the win over NDSU. The return of Flack has strengthened the line-up. They beat NDSU with a more balanced attack or the Bison covered Kasperbauer enough that someone else had to step up. The Jackrabbits need to keep the defense on top of the yotes scoring. I am sure Nagy is not wanting another game in the 90's. Every game is a must win for the Jackrabbits in order to stay at the top of the conference. Frost should be a good place for the Jackrabbits today and a sweep of USD men to follow. If weather does not get too rough, the seats will be full of bodies. Go Jacks!!
    As upset as Nagy was with the defense after the Omaha game, you would think defensive effort will not be a problem today.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      As upset as Nagy was with the defense after the Omaha game, you would think defensive effort will not be a problem today.
      I agree, most of the quotes I've read from the coach and team point towards a top-level effort today. Hopefully that is the case and it carries on throughout the week.

I planned on making the trip until a few minutes ago. The forecast has downgraded since last night. I'm bummed, but that's winter in SD. Midco it is.

Comment

I think we paste them. SDSU by 15+.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          I agree, most of the quotes I've read from the coach and team point towards a top-level effort today. Hopefully that is the case and it carries on throughout the week.

I planned on making the trip until a few minutes ago. The forecast has downgraded since last night. I'm bummed, but that's winter in SD. Midco it is.
          Radar seems to contradict the forecast. was supposed to snow by 10 Nothing going on on radar and nothing outside of my window.

Comment

Current forecast looks like snow around Brookings at finish of game(7pm) and snow in Sioux Falls at 10 pm. Weather will nearly cooperate completely.
            Winter weather advisory has the time from 9 pm to noon tomorrow.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I must have misread the info. indeed the forecast of precipitation is not until after the sunset.

Comment

Weather shouldn't be much of a problem. Snow won't start until some time after the men's game is completed and we've all started driving home.

Comment

Crap forgot the set the dvr.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I didn't realize it was a double header until I tried to get my ticket online today. Anyways I hope we bootyblast these fools.
                    Last edited by bubbajack; 02-13-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Jacks have turned it over on three straight possessions early in the game.

USD leads 4-0

Comment

Gotta love Casey Kasperbauer hitting a three and then staring down the Jackrabbit bench like his team isn't in 7th place in the league.

USD is 6-9 to start; Jacks don't look good defensively.

USD leads 16-9; 14:45 left in the half.

Comment

We're fine. Daum can score any time he wants. They don't have a guy on their roster who can stop him.

Telly with another charge taken. 19-15.

Comment

Also, nice work by the student with the "Who is Ed?" sign.

Comment

Jacks are on a 10-0 run and take their first lead of the game forcing a USD turnover.

SDSU 24, USD 22; 9:02 first half.

Marshall with 11 points; Daum with 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X