Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @Omaha Mavericks

http://www.omaha.com/uno/win-over-ja...347036988.html

Must win for both teams. There should be a good turnout of Jackrabbit Fans in Omaha.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @Omaha Mavericks

Making one of my two annual road trips. Sure hope the atmosphere is better than Oral Roberts or (last year) IUPUI. It's distressing, especially when a middling D2 school like Lindenwood blows the hell out of these schools for fan turnout. Well under a thousand at ORU was highly disturbing for a school with dorms. At least I'll see a nice new arena.

Comment

There is an Alumni Assn gathering from 4:30 to 6:30 at DJ's Dugout - 2101 S 67th St.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        Making one of my two annual road trips. Sure hope the atmosphere is better than Oral Roberts or (last year) IUPUI. It's distressing, especially when a middling D2 school like Lindenwood blows the hell out of these schools for fan turnout. Well under a thousand at ORU was highly disturbing for a school with dorms. At least I'll see a nice new arena.
        Looks like they have been getting over 2000 for most home conference games. Were over 3000 for the USD game, but don't know how big a Yote turnout was there. Now maybe they have ORU's penchant for counting legs instead of bodies...

Comment

Mavs are just 2 weeks from the loss at Frost. The have lost 3 of the last 4. The Mavs are still going to be up-tempo balls to the walls trying for 65 shots per game. They are currently 3-2 at home for Summit play. The Mavs are 11-3 this year when scoring 80 or more points. They are 4-7 in games they score less than 80 points. Hollins still leads the nation in steals. Jackrabbits are going to need to find that good defense again to disrupt the shooting of the Mavs and win that rebounding game as well. This game is very important to both squads as the conference race either tightens or Omaha settles for a middle of the pack finish. A solid road game win by the Jackrabbits will boost the confidence for next week's swing to IPFW and WIU. Go Jacks!!
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Omaha has their back up against the wall after last week. I expect that they'll be playing like it. The Jacks better have their running shoes on tonight.

Comment

Jacks win again tonight 83-74. Omaha just doesn't have the depth in the front court or really the back court for the Jacks. Their 3 pt shooting is bad to horrible. They play a fast pace for a couple of reasons but primarily cuz they shoot poorly from more than 4 ft! White could be a pain but the Jacks need to make him work on the defensive end. Hoping our bigs don't just set 1,000 picks tonight but actually post up and make White work. If he's in foul trouble then the game could be a blow out quite frankly. My initial guess is you may seen more Devine tonight for a defensive presence. Just hoping he can at least be a threat on the O end. Dunks are great and all but the little jump hook etc is what is needed from him to be effective. I look for Bittle to have a nice night too. My ONLY fear is with the Jacks and their love of the 3 at times. Can't shoot 30 tonight. It'll only help the Omaha running game!
              Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

I am sure most are aware that this game is on Midco and ESPN3.

Comment

Is Midco your local cable service?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
                    Is Midco your local cable service?
                    local/regional.

Midcontinent Communications (who I believe will be going by just their nickname, Midco, soon) is a cable provider for communities in SD, ND, MN, and WI. Here is their coverage areas.

I have been incredibly happy with their product since they launched Midco Sports Net.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Unfortunately it only gets within about 30 miles of Minneapolis. ESPN3 is not a horrible solution though.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
                        Unfortunately it only gets within about 30 miles of Minneapolis. ESPN3 is not a horrible solution though.

Thanks
                        I actually don't have a cable package, but do get my internet through Midco. Since ESPN3 is part of their internet service and they pretty much stream all the SDSU games they televise through ESPN3, I watch it a fair amount.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

As long as Smallwood doesn't go 5-8 from 3 again the Jacks should come out with a win. Guard play will be important once again. Patterson will be tough to handle but Parks and Marshall will be up for the challenge. Should be a good turn out for attendance even if though it's a Wednesday night. AJ said that Baxter Arena reminds him a lot of the Premier Center in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            As long as Smallwood doesn't go 5-8 from 3 again the Jacks should come out with a win. Guard play will be important once again. Patterson will be tough to handle but Parks and Marshall will be up for the challenge. Should be a good turn out for attendance even if though it's a Wednesday night. AJ said that Baxter Arena reminds him a lot of the Premier Center in Sioux Falls.
                            I would hope that after seeing what he can do in Brookings they would get out on him, even from deep behind the line, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't present much of a driving threat anyway.

Comment

Jacks are 3-4 from deep to start.

Telly is 2-3 and Daum is 1-1.

Jacks lead 9-7, 15:57 left.

Comment

Working...
                              X