Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @Omaha Mavericks

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Maybe so. After watching again, to me it looked like Bittle was pretty surprised to get the ball back.

Regardless, we didn't handle the last minute very well.
    I think it was suppose to go to George hoping for the same mismatch on a switched screen as the prior offensive possession. UNO wouldn't let that happen and Reed ended up with the ball. He panicked and made a bad decision.

My opinion....the refs did a pretty good job of helping UNO on their home court. They shot 29 FTs to the Jacks 12. Tough to beat a high scoring team on the road when they get that many more free opportunities to score.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I think it was suppose to go to George hoping for the same mismatch on a switched screen as the prior offensive possession. UNO wouldn't let that happen and Reed ended up with the ball. He panicked and made a bad decision.

My opinion....the refs did a pretty good job of helping UNO on their home court. They shot 29 FTs to the Jacks 12. Tough to beat a high scoring team on the road when they get that many more free opportunities to score.
      My general feeling is that our inbound/critical play situation is similar to the special teams or wildcat situation in football. Our set/drawn plays seem like wasted opportunities to do something productive. Inbounds are some of the best scoring opportunities there are in the game of basketball, and we seem to use them to simply get into our normal offense. Obviously, our coaching staff knows more about basketball than me, just my $.02.

Officiating is something you have zero control over. Drawing up and executing an inbound play is something you have 100% control over.

Bottom line, we didn't play well enough to win. It happens, and at least this time it was against a decent team.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        My general feeling is that our inbound/critical play situation is similar to the special teams or wildcat situation in football. Our set/drawn plays seem like wasted opportunities to do something productive. Inbounds are some of the best scoring opportunities there are in the game of basketball, and we seem to use them to simply get into our normal offense. Obviously, our coaching staff knows more about basketball than me, just my $.02.

Officiating is something you have zero control over. Drawing up and executing an inbound play is something you have 100% control over.

Bottom line, we didn't play well enough to win. It happens, and at least this time it was against a decent team.
        I share your observation but what do I know. I like a set play on baseline OOB's with the goal being a shot attempt on the pass in bounds. As far as sidelines, get it in and get an offensive play set from there.

I understand officiating, trust me I do. They seemed ready to swallow their whistle at the end when UNO was up late. That makes a drive to the basket and a lot of contact a lot harder to execute than if the whistles are quick. Doesn't matter now.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

One of my favorite inbound plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThjKaUQIeM
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            One of my favorite inbound plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThjKaUQIeM
            Agreed...my 5th grade girls run that to perfection 😉.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
            X