Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Summit Observations 1st Half

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Stop the crazy talk. The Summit is a one bid league this year and for the foreseeable future. Regardless of RPI.
    I thought they (Summit League) were a one-bid league forever?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I thought they (Summit League) were a one-bid league forever?
      Until USD NDSU Omaha and SDSU start averaging 5000 per game it may not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Until USD NDSU Omaha and SDSU start averaging 5000 per game it may not change.
        What does attendance have to do with a one-bid league?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          What does attendance have to do with a one-bid league?
          A great deal, better schedules, players and more significant wins. We got a ways to go!

Comment

If a team has good wins and no real bad loses, they will get an at-large bid. Attendance has nothing to do with it. Conference affiliation has a small role in it (playing into the SOS). It's about the individual teams resume, not the conference they play in. If that were the case every mid-major league would be a 1 bid league.

Play a good OOC and take care of the conference portion and you will get in, or at least be in the conversation if an upset happens in the conference tournament.

Remember a few years when ORU was listed as a first four out on the men's side? Remember when the SDSU got a #7 seed (that's an at-large seed). Remember a few years back when the SDSU women were listed as one of the last teams out?

But you know, the Summit will always be a 1 bid-league so who cares (eye roll)

That is my opinion on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
              Actually only two teams should be on that list, Wichita State and Gonzaga will be in the big dance.
              Gonzaga has been up and down all season. They aren't a lock as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                If a team has good wins and no real bad loses, they will get an at-large bid. Attendance has nothing to do with it. Conference affiliation has a small role in it (playing into the SOS). It's about the individual teams resume, not the conference they play in. If that were the case every mid-major league would be a 1 bid league.

Play a good OOC and take care of the conference portion and you will get in, or at least be in the conversation if an upset happens in the conference tournament.

Remember a few years when ORU was listed as a first four out on the men's side? Remember when the SDSU got a #7 seed (that's an at-large seed). Remember a few years back when the SDSU women were listed as one of the last teams out?

But you know, the Summit will always be a 1 bid-league so who cares (eye roll)

That is my opinion on the situation.
                Oh???????? I don't think we are at a level to average 5000. It,'s like what's going on at Augie. A good product on the floor bring butts in the seat. That's something that is yet to happen at SDSU nor any other SL school. The SL does not deserve an at large. Overall, we haven't earned.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-04-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Attendance has nothing to do with getting into the tournament. In 2012 the MAAC was a 2 bid league with Iona getting in with an at-large. They only averaged 2500
                  http://www.big12sports.com/pdf8/844637.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                    Attendance has nothing to do with getting into the tournament. In 2012 the MAAC was a 2 bid league with Iona getting in with an at-large. They only averaged 2500
                    http://www.big12sports.com/pdf8/844637.pdf
                    Did I say that? I did say our attendance for the league is not good enough to qualify for an at large bid. Thanks for posting all the attendance figures. In addition our SOS of schedule and quality of players leaves much to be desired when compared to other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Oh???????? I don't think we are at a level to average 5000. It,'s like what's going on at Augie. A good product on the floor bring butts in the seat. That's something that is yet to happen at SDSU nor any other SL school. The SL does not deserve an at large. Overall, we haven't earned.
                      I actually think Nidaros has a valid point here you just have to read a bit deeper into it. IMO the only way we would reach those attendance numbers is by beating high ranking OOC teams. Winning SL games will not get any team an at large bid. Winning games against prominent power conference teams will boost attendance and the chance of an at large bid.

Comment

I am having a hard time seeing how attendance = at large bid? I thought beating good(top 50) and ranked teams = at large bid. But I hated math, and I think my College math teacher who looked strikingly like Tom Arnold new it too, thats why he called on my every day in class.......ugh hated that.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I am having a hard time seeing how attendance = at large bid? I thought beating good(top 50) and ranked teams = at large bid. But I hated math, and I think my College math teacher who looked strikingly like Tom Arnold new it too, thats why he called on my every day in class.......ugh hated that.
                          How bout this......Attendance has nothing to do in terms of getting an at large bid....BUT if we consistantly beat high ranked teams our attendance will increase. We get an at large bid as a result of the quality wins. Increased attendance was just a byproduct of winning. We might need an Econ major to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            How bout this......Attendance has nothing to do in terms of getting an at large bid....BUT if we consistantly beat high ranked teams our attendance will increase. We get an at large bid as a result of the quality wins. Increased attendance was just a byproduct of winning. We might need an Econ major to step in.
                            that sounds a lot like a variable in some messed up word problem.

If X is the number of quaility teams you beat and Z is the number of fans that increased because of X, how many years(Y) will it take to to get an at large bid......?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              that sounds a lot like a variable in some messed up word problem.

If X is the number of quaility teams you beat and Z is the number of fans that increased because of X, how many years(Y) will it take to to get an at large bid......?
                              and you said you didn't like math......

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                and you said you didn't like math......
                                I dont. thats why its confusing no idea how to answer that.....

Comment

Working...
                                X