My Summit Observations 1st Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Summit Observations 1st Half

Most talented - SDSU, Toughest - IUPUI, Most Dangerous - Omaha, 2nd Most Dangerous - IPFW, Mo Evans is a big loss. I think we can beat any of the teams to advance to the NCAA if we match the toughness of an IUPUI and we match or win the guard battle. What are your thoughts?

Re: My Summit Observations 1st Half

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
    Most talented - SDSU, Toughest - IUPUI, Most Dangerous - Omaha, 2nd Most Dangerous - IPFW, Mo Evans is a big loss. I think we can beat any of the teams to advance to the NCAA if we match the toughness of an IUPUI and we match or win the guard battle. What are your thoughts?
    Toughtest to beat mentally, NDSU.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Toughtest to beat mentally, NDSU.
      I'd phrase it as "Most in the Jackrabbits' heads"
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        That's why I said toughness which encompasses both mental and physical would overcome that.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Yeah, lets got with that.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not sure I would characterize IUPUI as a "tough" team. They've played a tough schedule for sure. I would put Omaha second just given their overall skill but question them down the stretch. IPFW, fun to watch but won't overcome Evans. The team that baffles me the most is ORU. They should be much better than their record. But they just can't put it together. Is Western still receiving votes in the mid major poll????? Win the conference reg and let the chips fall!
            Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Looking ahead

Toughest remaining schedule:
              -ORU (4 road games, including SDSU, OMA, and NDSU)

-IUPUI (4 road games, including SDSU, ORU and NDSU)

Based on the schedule and performance so far, I’d predict that Omaha and SDSU take the top two seeds. Both appear unlikely to finish with more than four losses, unless injuries come into play.

It would not surprise meif IUPUI and FW lose three more times.Their schedules are tough and the Evens injury is likely to end upcosting FW a game or two at some point.

NDSU could win six of their last eight, with Dupree bringingthem some much-needed depth. That would give them momentum but itwon’t be enough to get them a sniff of a top-2 seed. The damage has been done.

I have afeeling that ORU might be freefalling to an eighth place finish.WIU still could easily end up winning 2-3games, so USD and ORU better watch their backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Looking ahead

Toughest remaining schedule:
                -ORU (4 road games, including SDSU, OMA, and NDSU)

-IUPUI (4 road games, including SDSU, ORU and NDSU)

Based on the schedule and performance so far, I’d predict that Omaha and SDSU take the top two seeds. Both appear unlikely to finish with more than four losses, unless injuries come into play.

It would not surprise meif IUPUI and FW lose three more times.Their schedules are tough and the Evens injury is likely to end upcosting FW a game or two at some point.

NDSU could win six of their last eight, with Dupree bringingthem some much-needed depth. That would give them momentum but itwon’t be enough to get them a sniff of a top-2 seed. The damage has been done.

I have afeeling that ORU might be freefalling to an eighth place finish.WIU still could easily end up winning 2-3games, so USD and ORU better watch their backs.
                I believe Evans had academic problems, not an injury.

Comment

So who else thinks that a Feb 10th game in Omaha will decide the #1 seed?

Comment

No doubt that the game at UNO is a big one. The game at IPFW scares me just as much as the game at UNO though. Luckily the Mavs still have to go the IPFW as well.

I really like our chances if everyone stays relatively healthy and getting Flatten back will provide that much more depth.

It will be really interesting to see what Richmond does with Dupree. They could have used him against the Jags yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      So who else thinks that a Feb 10th game in Omaha will decide the #1 seed?
                      If the Bison and Jackrabbits hold the home court with IPFW & IUPUI, the Wednesday game could be huge. This is a big week for the Jackrabbits since Omaha is at WIU and hosting Denver. Omaha gains half a game if they and Jackrabbits win this week. Omaha's bye is the final day of conference play. If the Indiana teams lose one each this week, the next big game is Wednesday. There are too many road games for the leaders to christen the winner of Wednesday game. Omaha still goes to Indiana for 2 games and hosts the Bison. I would give the Jackrabbits the 60% chance for the #1 seed if they beat IUPUI and Omaha which would leave them with IPFW on the road. It is the strongest I recall the top half of the Summit since the tourney has been at Sioux Falls. It should be entertaining.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Think about the quote below made by the interim coach from Wisconsin when talking about a not so pretty game to watch when we've just won on the road, think USD recently or Denver on Saturday. Imagine how much we would have enjoyed to win another ugly game on the road, think NDSU. I'm willing to bet; the team that wins the summit league will probably be the team that manages to win an ugly game or two on the road....

"This wasn't a thing of beauty, but it's not gymnastics. There are no style points. Winning on the road in the Big Ten is hard."- Greg Gard

Comment

Will this be the first year the Summit gets two into the tourney? The League has to be very close to that point. Good to see several schools be so competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Will this be the first year the Summit gets two into the tourney? The League has to be very close to that point. Good to see several schools be so competitive.
                            I wish that were possible. But no. Not happening.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

One of these years....

Comment

Working...
                              X