GDT: SDSU vs Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Omaha

Omaha leads the Summit League in seven statistical categories: points (1,787), points per game (85.1), field goals made per game (29.7), field goals attempted per game (63.2), free throws made per game (20.1), free throws attempted per game (27.0) and steals per game (9.7). They have Hollins who leads the nation in steals. The Mavs will want to play up-tempo plus one gear. They are currently 4-0 on the road in the Summit. Confidence should not be a problem for the Omaha bunch. The Jackrabbit defense will have a big task of slowing down the Mavericks without sending them to the free throw line. Reaching 25 consecutive Frost wins for the MBB will be necessary to keep the Mavericks within reach for the #1 seed come tournament time. This is the biggest home game at this point of the season. The Jackrabbits should be able to dig in and contain some of the Omaha excitement. It is hard to bet against the Jackrabbits in Frost. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Omaha

Omaha plays no defense and doesn't pretend to care about it. They are a good match up for us. This is the biggest home game for the Jacks but this is the biggest game in the history of Omaha basketball for them. I expect them to come out and play that way, ie tight. Jacks will get the game into more half court than Omaha wants and that'll be an issue. Jacks will attack consistently and get to the rim more than most games this year. Omaha gambles a ton on defense makes for easy buckets Should be a fun game, somewhat like the IPFW game from the entertainment standpoint.

Jacks 84 - Omaha 73.
    Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Will be a tough game, hoping for a Jackrabbit victory.

Comment

This game is getting some attention Omaha.
        http://www.ketv.com/sports/mavericks..._campaign=KETV

http://m.omaha.com/uno/for-second-ti....html?mode=jqm

It also appears that UNO is busing down 100 students for the game.
        https://orgsync.com/65536/forms/172963

Hoping for a packed Frost tonight.

Comment

Who would've thought @ the beginning of the season that the Mavs would be coming into Frost with the conference lead? Certainly not this guy. I like the matchup tonight. I think SDSU's defense is going to be the difference.

Vegas has the Rabbits listed as a 8 1/2 point favorite.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            This game is getting some attention Omaha.
            http://www.ketv.com/sports/mavericks..._campaign=KETV

http://m.omaha.com/uno/for-second-ti....html?mode=jqm

It also appears that UNO is busing down 100 students for the game.
            https://orgsync.com/65536/forms/172963

Hoping for a packed Frost tonight.

Do they even get 100 students at their home games?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Do they even get 100 students at their home games?
              In the Mavs last home game against IPFW the announced attendance was 2220. I don't know how many of that would be students.

Comment

This game is on Midco correct?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

I was there the last several years for our mbb game. I recall an animated group of students that stood behind the end line next to the pep band and interacted with the team. More than enough to fill the allotment if IRC.

Comment

Is there any updates with Flatten? He has been dressing the past couple of games.

Comment

Is there any updates with Flatten? He has been dressing the past couple of games.
                        He has been practicing.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          He has been practicing.
                          You think he will get some PT in the next week or so?

Comment

I remember a much less heralded Omaha team coming into Frost and knocking off one of the Wolters teams. The current home winning streak started right after that loss, if I remember correctly.

It's only the halfway point, but tonight's winner has to be considered the current favorite to take the title.

Let's hope the shots are falling, because 65 points probably won't cut it tonight.

Comment

You think he will get some PT in the next week or so?
                              It can be hopeful he is able to play. Jake was only back to practice a week or less when he was on the floor. I realize Jake had a less serious recovery, but I can be hopeful. Then we can hope for effective play.

Comment

Working...
                              X