Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    True....but this game was hard to watch.
    However we won the game. At this time of the year all that matters is a win or a loss. When you win you put yourself in the driver's seat. For instance the team that's currently in 1st place will be at Frost on Thursday if we win we're tied for 1st place. A pretty game to watch but we lose would not put us in this position. Let's enjoy every W especially with all of the injuries we've had.

Comment

Let's have some fun with quotes and facts.

From the Argus:

“In the first half with 12 minutes to go they were already in the double bonus,” said USD guard Trey Norris, who scored 12 points and had five assists. “And in the second half at the 13-minute mark they were already in the one-and-one."
      USD picked up their SEVENTH foul (i.e. not double bonus) with 9:21 left in the first half, and didn't pick up their 10th foul (double bonus) until there was 4:50 left in the first half.

In the second half USD picked up their seventh foul with 10:51 left in the half.

ALMOST TREY! Thanks for the whiny quote though.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Let's have some fun with quotes and facts.

From the Argus:

USD picked up their SEVENTH foul (i.e. not double bonus) with 9:21 left in the first half, and didn't pick up their 10th foul (double bonus) until there was 4:50 left in the first half.

In the second half USD picked up their seventh foul with 10:51 left in the half.

ALMOST TREY! Thanks for the whiny quote though.
        I re-watched the game late last night, and one thing that struck me was (at the risk of igniting smack, but this is not my intent, and is not meant smackishly at all) precisely how whiny USD players in general were, especially when the game tightened up and they were either behind or were trading the lead back and forth. They apparently sincerely believe that they never commit any fouls, while any contact whatsoever committed against them should be immediately whistled against their opponents. Jacks players aren't always choir-boys either, of course, but If USD would put half the energy they put into complaining into actually playing the game, they'd be a better, and much more dangerous team IMHO.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
          However we won the game. At this time of the year all that matters is a win or a loss. When you win you put yourself in the driver's seat. For instance the team that's currently in 1st place will be at Frost on Thursday if we win we're tied for 1st place. A pretty game to watch but we lose would not put us in this position. Let's enjoy every W especially with all of the injuries we've had.
          The Jacks need to finish in the top two at season's end so they get to play on Saturday in Sioux Falls. Not having to play three days in a row is important with all the nagging injuries this team will probably continue to have.

Comment

Jake Bittle - Thanks for the toughness you bring this team!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
              Jake Bittle - Thanks for the toughness you bring this team!

Go Rabbits!
              Watching the game yesterday and then looking back at the start of the Summit League season, and it really isn't surprising that we struggled so much without him. He was incredible yesterday.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Anyone know what Kasperbour(sp?) was doing at the end of the game? He was standing next to the SDSU bench for about 5 seconds after the horn sounded. I don't know if it had anything to do with Bittle going up for a layup with a couple seconds left.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Anyone know what Kasperbour(sp?) was doing at the end of the game? He was standing next to the SDSU bench for about 5 seconds after the horn sounded. I don't know if it had anything to do with Bittle going up for a layup with a couple seconds left.
                  He and Tellinghuisen were having words right at the end of the game. I could not tell from the overall body language whether or not it was trash talking or 'good game see you in Brookings', but the reaction of the SDSU assistant trying to shoo Kasperbauer towards his own bench leads me to suspect it was the former.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It appeared to be a minor argument among two competitors. I will be glad to see Kasperbauer graduate.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Certainly shouldn't be offended by someone playing to the end of a 4 point game. Probably lots of frustration - he thought he should have drawn a foul on that one three he put up (he maybe should have considering what they were calling the rest of the game) and he got clocked pretty good near the end of the game,, but most of that impact was with his own team mate. He is a one dimensional type player, and Parks and Moffitt did a good job of making that difficult.

Comment

It was nothing. Casey and Reed are from towns close to each other in Iowa. It looked worse than it was. No player or staff member was worried about it afterwards

Comment

It honestly didn't look like a huge deal, but the fact that it occurred at all was what looked strange. That kind of thing just doesn't happen that much.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                            It was nothing. Casey and Reed are from towns close to each other in Iowa. It looked worse than it was. No player or staff member was worried about it afterwards
                            That is what I was thinking. Both have grim game faces so it might look like something it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              That is what I was thinking. Both have grim game faces so it might look like something it was not.
                              Casperbauer is from Carroll Iowa and Reed is from Sac City. Most like they talking about the girls they used to date or something like that. Seems like you would have to tell a very good joke to get them both to smile.

Comment

Has anyone seen any post game press conference videos from yesterday's game at USD?

Comment

Working...
                                X