GDT: Jackrabbits @ Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

Nagy has the chance for win #400 today. Also, it is the last time the Jackrabbit men will be required to play basketball in the Dome. SDSU should give a corn showdown point to USD for that added benefit even when the Jackrabbits win later today. Kasperbauer is the shooter for the Yotes. He takes 60% of his shots from behind the arc and he is averaging over 43%. The defense is probably aware of his presence. The Yotes have 5 players who average 2.2-4.1 assists per game. They have been getting outrebounded often this year, but the recent return of 6'7" Flack and 6'8" Sparks may help them on the boards. The Yotes average almost 77 points per game. Hopefully this number and their 47.2% shooting will be reduced to a manageable level. This should be the largest basketball crowd of the year for the Yotes. The WBB will have the first game today with USD vs IUPUI. Jackrabbits show the stuff for the second road game in a row to get a 2 game winning streak going and produce the #400 win for Coach Nagy. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Coyotes The Corn Showdown continues

I hope you are right. On paper, the Jacks should probably win this one. However, Vermillion has been Fargo-south for SDSU men's basketball. Shots that normally go in clang off the side of the rim and the Coyotes play with a fire that they show once per year. At least that has been the story in three of the past four years. I've been there to see it in person each time and decided to catch the game on TV this time. Enough!

Anyway, I think you can infer which team I picked to win in Roundball Roulette. I'd absolutely love to be wrong. If they play like they did at ORU a win is certainly possible.

Comment

I think we'll know how we'll fare within the first 4 minutes of the game. No energy and no offense equals no win.

The dome has been Brick City USA for us and USD usually shoots out of their minds in that sh#thole, so I'm hoping we can set a positive tone early. If so, we'll have a good chance of winning.

I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

I wonder if the Jacks will get to the Dome early enough to do a shoot around. I don't think they have in the past - it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I wonder if the Jacks will get to the Dome early enough to do a shoot around. I don't think they have in the past - it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
          They are having their shoot around at the Sanford Pentagon.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            They are having their shoot around at the Sanford Pentagon.
            Makes perfect sense...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As long as Ed doesn't play I'd say we've got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                At least that has been the story in three of the past four years. I've been there to see it in person each time and decided to catch the game on TV this time. Enough!
                I hope that's enough to counteract me. I've been to 3 of the last 4 at the Dome, and all have been losses.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Makes perfect sense...
                    I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to spend one more minute in that craphole Vermillion than i had to.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I hope that's enough to counteract me. I've been to 3 of the last 4 at the Dome, and all have been losses.
                      So your obviously not going to the game then right? Reminds me I didn't put my game day shirt on when the women played usd. Oops. Today I will do my part.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Marshall, Parks, Bittle, Tellinghuisen, Theisen the starters for the Jacks.

It's go time.

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this before, Theisen picks up 2 fouls in about 2 minutes.

Daum now in.

Comment

Under 16 timeout,

USD leads 4-2.

Slow shooting start for the Jacks as they are 1-8; Coyotes are 2-7.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Stop me if you've heard this before, Theisen picks up 2 fouls in about 2 minutes.

Daum now in.
                              TV guys just corrected said he only has 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X