Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Minnesota Golden Gophers

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    That was the first thing out of my mouth when I saw USD won...crap, that's gonna refocus U of M and they're gonna probably play out of their minds vs us...

I'll admit I'm probably---no, I am still bitter about football, and I know it's not fair to bring over the football bitterness to the basketball team, because outside of NDSU anytime and USD in the dome, and yes, Minnesota, they have generally done pretty well in their "big games", but even before Marshall going down, I was pretty much preparing for a letdown in this game...I hope I'm wrong. Will gladly eat crow if that's the case.
    Had to put the kids to bed, but I finally had a chance to go out back, catch that crow and boy is it mighty tasty. Almost as tasty as the kool aid I was drinking before the UMKC loss.

Serve me up some more kool aid!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Great win. Gophers suck.

I was was a little disappointed because I thought the USD win and an SDSU loss could hurt recruiting (in Minnesota), but SDSU took them to the woodshed. Get healthy and get ready for conference play. The team will have much harder games against USD and NDSU.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

th.jpg

U of Minn big donors are not happy about this week.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-l...son/361159391/

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story...su-wins-120815

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...0286c65d50b747

Comment

Was at the game - great seats two rows up from the baseline. No comparison in the offensive sets the two teams ran. Jacks had great motion and screens, Gophers seemed to be freelancing and playing one on one most of the time. Telly did great job defensively on Joey King, holding their leading scorer to something like 5 points on not very many shots. I don't know if it was Pitino's coaching or if the team just wasn't doing what he wanted them to do, but it wasn't pretty.

Comment

Great for Jake as he struggled on his previous two games against Minnesota.

Comment

From the Trib article:

"The Jacks had been a poor shooting team from three-point range"

Poor? We're shooting about 36% which is tied for 116 in the country. It's not amazing, but we're not a poor three point shooting team. That's average to slightly above average.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Love how Jacks didn't overreact to the win after the game! Very business like. Act like you've been there before. Might be our first win at Williams Arena, but not the first win over a major college opponent.

Comment

Nice W! How much is Pitino going to hate the state of SD after he has to come to SF to lose to OK State this weekend? Poor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Love how Jacks didn't overreact to the win after the game! Very business like. Act like you've been there before. Might be our first win at Williams Arena, but not the first win over a major college opponent.
                      This! One team from SD just had their biggest win ever and and one team took care of business with arguably their best player out. The postgame reactions from both verified that.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                        Nice W! How much is Pitino going to hate the state of SD after he has to come to SF to lose to OK State this weekend? Poor guy.
                        Love him or hate him, Patrick Reusse from the Star Trib had a nice article on this very point.

As well as the Jacks played last night, the defense by the Gophers in the first half was atrocious! I got home late and ended up watching the first half of the game on ESPN On Demand. The way the Gophers played defense was like how very young soccer teams play. Everyone congregated to the ball and all you had to do was get good ball movement and wide open shots appeared. Early penetration by Bittle, Parks and Moffitt not only resulted in layups, it sucked nearly every Gopher to the paint. I kept thinking that the baseline penetration was meant to pull a defender off of a post player for an easy bucket inside. However, all of the Gophers would commit to the paint and wide open 3 pointers were drained. That was great recognition by experienced seniors who made plays with great vision! The only bad thing from my perspective was that I was not in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Really good point. No reason to get excited about that. I'm sure you were in the lockerroom to experience a ho hum celebration. I can't wait till March Madness and the Jacks are cutting down the nets. ��

For someone that posts about how much Coyote fans mention the Jacks, it sure looks like the same happens here. You can't bring up a topic without USD being mentioned. We must really be in your heads, and the rent is so cheap. Sound familiar?

Comment

So after my "tongue in cheek" post, I did come on to congratulate you on yiur thumping of the Gophers. Totally dominated them. Good for you, that's fun. Not a good week in the Gopherhole. Keep rolling. Looking forward to our three games.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              Really good point. No reason to get excited about that. I'm sure you were in the lockerroom to experience a ho hum celebration. I can't wait till March Madness and the Jacks are cutting down the nets. 😄

For someone that posts about how much Coyote fans mention the Jacks, it sure looks like the same happens here. You can't bring up a topic without USD being mentioned. We must really be in your heads, and the rent is so cheap. Sound familiar?
                              Yoteforever, I think you are reaching a bit. I don't see any mention of the Yotes in the post you quoted. I believe JackGuyII was referencing our team, not any other. If the Jacks are properly prepared to make a run at the Summit title again this year regular season and tourney, and if the Jacks are shooting for not just qualifying for the NCAA tourney, but winning, then this win should not be that exciting for them. The excitement is for us fans, they should be all business, prepare and play like they belong on the court with any team in the nation. That is all.
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                So after my "tongue in cheek" post, I did come on to congratulate you on yiur thumping of the Gophers. Totally dominated them. Good for you, that's fun. Not a good week in the Gopherhole. Keep rolling. Looking forward to our three games.
                                The narrative from Coach Nagy was that the Goophs would come out spitting fire after the USD game. It appears instead that USD broke them down for us. I can see how a team of young guys with obviously poor basketball IQs like the Gopher squad could fall apart after an unexpected loss. I think instead of galvanizing them, USD crushed their spirits. And let's be honest, it's fun that both SD D1 schools beat the Gophers in the same week.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X