GDT: @ Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ Illinois State

Ugly second half. Refs contributed to that, obviously, but ISU really upped the pressure on D. It'll give Nagy something to be ornery about
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Final: SDSU 83, Illinois State 67.

Nice win for the Jacks. Way too many fouls called in the game. Jacks committed 30 fouls. ISU was called for 23.

Marshall lead with 18, Telly with 14 and 10, Parks with 15 and 7, Bittle with 11 points and Theisen with 10 points.

Jacks (3-0) are at TCU on Saturday.

Comment

83-67 SDSU wins

Nice win

Bring on TCU!

Comment

Very impressive road win. If this is the Jacks in early season form, they could be very tough to handle by conference time.
          This space for lease.

Comment

That was impressive. I'm gonna have to go read their board... I read it this afternoon b4 the game...about half picked them to win.
            Those that picked them to lose, were by like 5 pts, and because of how poorly they've been playing.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend reading their board. Unhappy campers. Many shocked that a team from "Dakota" could pound them. Some more realistic and recognized SDSU is a good team.

Funny post-game interview with Coach Nagy talking about his dad sitting two feet behind him and "if you wonder where I get my negativity!...." Very funny. Said the refs looked over and Nagy said "that's just one of our fans, it's not me. I didn't want to tell him it was my dad, he would have T'd him up".

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I wouldn't recommend reading their board. Unhappy campers. Many shocked that a team from "Dakota" could pound them. Some more realistic and recognized SDSU is a good team.

Funny post-game interview with Coach Nagy talking about his dad sitting two feet behind him and "if you wonder where I get my negativity!...." Very funny. Said the refs looked over and Nagy said "that's just one of our fans, it's not me. I didn't want to tell him it was my dad, he would have T'd him up".
                great win guys

Comment

Thanks, YFE. Comparisons always risky but when I compare what I saw in the ISU-r game to what I saw in the Weber State v SDSU, I say the Weber State win was a better victory -- Weber State measurably better than ISU-r. ISU-r was picked fourth in the Valley. I haven't taken much of a look at the Valley this year but 4th may be tough to attain.

Comment

Sean Harrington ‏@smharrington24 59m59 minutes ago
                    Looking for a sleeper team come March...start paying attention to @GoJacksSDSU. They really score the basketball and are well coached.

Harrington called SDSU's game against CSU in the NIT for ESPN.

Comment

Huge win!! I'm seeing Ill St. picked second in the MVC in a lot of ratings and we absolutely dominated them on their home floor. SDSU is deeper, more athletic, and better defensively than possibly any team we've had in D1. A little disappointed there isn't more hype with this team. These guys are damn good!

Comment

We did a lot of nice things in tonight's game. Very solid game. Lots of fouls but we can survive all the whistles because of our depth. When we get Skylar Flatten back, that depth gets deeper. There were spurts when the Jacks were machine-like, responding to everything the defense threw at them.

Comment

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.09.04 PM.jpg
                          When you beat Illinois State
                          by 16 on the Road
                          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

A great win Coach Nagy, I hope your dad and make every game home and away.

Comment

Lots of good things with this impressive 2-0 start.

One I've noticed is the bench. We might be seeing 10 showing up in the box scores regularly once Flatten returns. Moffet, King, and Daum are clearly going to get minutes. Devine is likely to play a bit each game. Then you have Severyn and Flatten. From what we saw out of Flatten at the end of last year, he's going to make a very good team even better.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                                Huge win!! I'm seeing Ill St. picked second in the MVC in a lot of ratings and we absolutely dominated them on their home floor. SDSU is deeper, more athletic, and better defensively than possibly any team we've had in D1. A little disappointed there isn't more hype with this team. These guys are damn good!
                                I'm definitely aboard the hype train! It was easy to be excited about SDSU basketball when Wolters was here, but if this team keeps playing like they have so far... Going to be a lot of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X