2017 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruits

Love this quote from Krueger in the short piece (http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...2017/87616810/) by Zimmer today.

Then when you throw in the basketball heritage they have there, with the fan support and really being known as the best program in South Dakota – it just all added up.
    Poor USD.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Well I know people give Matt Zimmer a hard time about reporting on recruiting, but he did break the story the same day they both committed. So kudos to Matt for following the recruiting trail, and for doing a story on both commits. This is a slow time of the year, so get any report on commits during the summer is good.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Mitch who?
        http://www.gojacks.com/news/2012/9/25/205696360.aspx
        This gives you 1 reference. Unfortunately Mitch transferred after 1 year. Came to State from Cherry Creek HS in the Denver area

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
          This gives you 1 reference. Unfortunately Mitch transferred after 1 year. Came to State from Cherry Creek HS in the Denver area
          If I am not mistaken, the picture that shows up above the article the USD game, we were the students in the front row in the body paint. Those games where fun. Still miss those old wood bleachers. you were really close too the game and visitor bench. The Officer standing in front of us would just look back at us and shake his head......probably in disapointment. Gosh those were fun games. Then after the games, we would go take our picture with Jerry. Anyone else remember some of the bigger games those last D-2 years that when Jerry would walk to his seat at center court, students would chant Jerry, Jerry Jerry......
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            If I am not mistaken, the picture that shows up above the article the USD game, we were the students in the front row in the body paint. Those games where fun. Still miss those old wood bleachers. you were really close too the game and visitor bench. The Officer standing in front of us would just look back at us and shake his head......probably in disapointment. Gosh those were fun games. Then after the games, we would go take our picture with Jerry. Anyone else remember some of the bigger games those last D-2 years that when Jerry would walk to his seat at center court, students would chant Jerry, Jerry Jerry......
            Likewise, that might be the game when a me and bunch of friends went down and sat behind the 'yote cheerleaders and would yell "suck" after every mention of "coyotes" in their cheers. I remember one saying something to us, but don't recall what it was. We were 10/11 at the time and it was hilarious!

I can't quite tell from the picture though if those are 'yote cheerleaders in black on the far side or not...looks like it could be an SDSU dance team or something.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
              I really knew who he was but its been so long ago, Jim Thorson was the HC. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since Mitch played his one year at SDSU.

Comment

Jerry Busick left the living last year when he lost the battle with pancreatic cancer. He was very passionate fan for some one who never set foot in a SDSU classroom. At one time he managed Hv Vee, and that is how he got to Brookings from Iowa. Later he owned, and his family still does, Prairie Lanes on the west end of Brookings. RIP Jerry.

Comment

Jerry Busick left the living last year when he lost the battle with pancreatic cancer. He was very passionate fan for some one who never set foot in a SDSU classroom. At one time he managed Hv Vee, and that is how he got to Brookings from Iowa. Later he owned, and his family still does, Prairie Lanes on the west end of Brookings. RIP Jerry.
                  Didn't Jerry quit supporting the Jacks after they made the jump to DI?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Didn't Jerry quit supporting the Jacks after they made the jump to DI?
                    I am not sure, but he seemed to stay away from events. I did not know if it was commitments at the bowling alley that kept him away or if he was unhappy about the move. There were many good fans who were not happy about the move, often just a skeptical of the move especially for basketball. The drop off for men's program was hard for many to deal with myself included.

Comment

While I was in college I worked with his I think his grandson. We talked about it but dont remember much of those conversations.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

While I was in college I worked with his I think his grandson. We talked about it but dont remember much of those conversations.
                        We are off topic, and I have no idea who will be recruited for 2017. Coach TJ knows what he needs and will go get what he can.

Comment

We are off topic, and I have no idea who will be recruited for 2017. Coach TJ knows what he needs and will go get what he can.
                          If there is a time to be off topic, this is the time.....

Anyway, back on track a bit, It is nice to see recruits which seem much earlier in the process compared to when Nagy would get them. The future sure looks bright. As fans though we should probably give them some time to get use to play with almost an entirely new team.

Comment

Matt Dentlinger, 6'8" F/C from Carroll, IA, has committed to SDSU.

https://twitter.com/mdent30/status/770607066209587201

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2917311

http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-baske...att-dentlinger

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              This guy looks quite athletic and coordinated for a 6'8" junior...didn't we already have too many commits? Another walk on for a year?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Looks like there will be some attrition next year. Someone should put all the classes together to see where the numbers are.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X