Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruits

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    This guy looks quite athletic and coordinated for a 6'8" junior...didn't we already have too many commits? Another walk on for a year?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This kid is way too good to be a walk-on. He has to have a scholarship, right? Something is happening, but I'm not sure what type of roster shake-up we are looking at. TOTAL SPECULATION.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Looks like there will be some attrition next year. Someone should put all the classes together to see where the numbers are.
      Check the "Future Rosters" thread my friend!

Comment

This guy looks quite athletic and coordinated for a 6'8" junior...didn't we already have too many commits? Another walk on for a year?

This would put us two over the scholarship limit if no one leaves other than the seniors. He sounds like a versatile player - good rebounder plus shoots 35% from beyond the 3 point line.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          This kid is way too good to be a walk-on. He has to have a scholarship, right? Something is happening, but I'm not sure what type of roster shake-up we are looking at. TOTAL SPECULATION.
          I'm going to agree with your speculation. At least a couple people will be encouraged to move on I'd guess.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I was speculating that he and Arians would both walk on for a year and get a scholarship the following year. Should have been more clear.

"Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

This guy looks quite athletic and coordinated for a 6'8" junior...

No kidding. Running the floor with the ball, precision passes, hitting 3's and all the dunks you could ever want. "Baby Daum".

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                No kidding. Running the floor with the ball, precision passes, hitting 3's and all the dunks you could ever want. "Baby Daum".
                Good looking player. That dunk is a high percentage shot!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Good looking player. That dunk is a high percentage shot!
                  Anyone able to find anything about who else was recruiting him, offers etc..... ? About all I can find are articles about his high school info from last season.

Comment

It could be numerous front.

There could be someone on the current roster who has already informed the coaching staff that this will be it.

It could be something where financial aid/other forms of scholarship money/personal wealth would allow a current player to come off of scholarship due to their own doing.

Could be that these are the grey-shirt offerings where they are scholarship offerings but the 1st yr is as a walk-on

Or it could be that the coaching staff is saying, we are going to find our guys to run our system and at the end of the yr we will offer scholarships to those that we believe will fit our system best, and not offer one to those that don't.

Comment

There are many possibilities since there are many new faces here and coming. I recall a recent gray shirt named Brayden Carlson who walked on his redshirt year. Until there is solid evidence about any current player's situation, much of the speculation involving the current roster is a bit odd. Many of those changes may have been engineered prior to the current season and those changes may not have been strictly due to a change in coaching.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        It could be numerous front.

Or it could be that the coaching staff is saying, we are going to find our guys to run our system and at the end of the yr we will offer scholarships to those that we believe will fit our system best, and not offer one to those that don't.
                        Most new coaches are given some latitude in this scenario and I can see that being the case here. Especially considering the rampant transferring that is going on now a days in college BB - it is almost encouraged by coaches if they feel like you aren't going to play much going forward.

Comment

Zim said in his chat yesterday that Dentlinger will walk on his first year. Makes sense. Good for TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Zim said in his chat yesterday that Dentlinger will walk on his first year. Makes sense. Good for TJ.
                            Thanks for sourcing that. I saw the comment above, but didn't know where it came from. Loved that kid's game. Only weakness I saw (it's a highlight tape, and I'm just some guy, so salt grains and whatnot) but his release on his jumper looked a little low and slow. But I loved the passing, the vision, the ball handling, the dunking, the touch. Looked like a good get.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Local write-up on Dentlinger's commitment. Lists an offer from UND.

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/sport...40d9sA.twitter

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Thanks for sourcing that. I saw the comment above, but didn't know where it came from. Loved that kid's game. Only weakness I saw (it's a highlight tape, and I'm just some guy, so salt grains and whatnot) but his release on his jumper looked a little low and slow. But I loved the passing, the vision, the ball handling, the dunking, the touch. Looked like a good get.
                                You're right on his shot but that can be fixed. He needs to start and finish higher. A redshirt year would help that. It's not like he's fixing a hitch in his shot. Just needs it raised.

He he reminds me of Marcus Heemstra with a little more athletic ability and some better ball skills.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X