Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    The foul on the shot and two separate technicals weren't the weirdest part of those calls. I understand people shooting free throws for both technicals and the foul but since they got fouled shooting and shot free throws, shouldn't we have got the ball? I would guess the free throws ended their possession. Not only did they get the ball after the free throws, they kept the possession arrow.
    That means if you take the technicals out-- they shot free throws, got the ball AND kept the possession arrow!
    Is that right?
    Let me see if I can explain it how Tyler explained it last night (the ref came and explained it to him).

If they would have called a double technical, then the possession arrow would have came into play. No shots would have been awarded and the possession after Omaha's original foul shots would have been per the arrow.

It was called two separate technicals thus both teams shot technical free throws after the original free throws. Since Severyn's technical was called second Omaha retained possession after they shot their technical free throws because of the technical call not because of the arrow.

I think that's how it went. Weird play. One of the refs told Tyler he had never seen that before.

Also, the tech on the Omaha kid was because of something he said not for the kidney shot he gave Severyn.

Comment

The foul on the shot and two separate technicals weren't the weirdest part of those calls. I understand people shooting free throws for both technicals and the foul but since they got fouled shooting and shot free throws, shouldn't we have got the ball? I would guess the free throws ended their possession. Not only did they get the ball after the free throws, they kept the possession arrow.
      That means if you take the technicals out-- they shot free throws, got the ball AND kept the possession arrow!
      Is that right?
      It makes sense, as I understand the sequence of events.

They are fouled on a shot and shoot the free throws, should be our ball.

But wait.

Their player was called for a technical. Should still be our ball.

But wait.

Severyn got called for a technical. Now its their ball again.

I think it may have been different if it were a double technical, but since they were separate offenses that's the sequence. Possession arrow doesn't have anything to do with it.

Imagine if Severyn's technical had happened while we were shooting our technical free throws. It would be Omaha shooting the final set of free throws and getting the ball.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Let me see if I can explain it how Tyler explained it last night (the ref came and explained it to him).

If they would have called a double technical, then the possession arrow would have came into play. No shots would have been awarded and the possession after Omaha's original foul shots would have been per the arrow.

It was called two separate technicals thus both teams shot technical free throws after the original free throws. Since Severyn's technical was called second Omaha retained possession after they shot their technical free throws because of the technical call not because of the arrow.

I think that's how it went. Weird play. One of the refs told Tyler he had never seen that before.

Also, the tech on the Omaha kid was because of something he said not for the kidney shot he gave Severyn.
        You beat me to it. I didn't even hear/watch the game, but given the description of events, it makes sense logically.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Is that right?
          I don't see how it could be. Since the possession arrow did not come into play and did not change , Omaha's possession should have ended with the two free throws taken by their player that was fouled on the shot. After the six free throws , it should have been Jacks ball. And I was surprised the officials didn't review the tape since it appeared the Omaha player delivered a punch to start the incident. I'm not sure the officials even saw that as Tyler said the Omaha player was T'ed for what he said.

Comment

[QUOTE=22jack;267827]The men play Denver Saturday.[/QUOT

Whoops. Another senior moment. The women only play the Bison.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I don't see how it could be. Since the possession arrow did not come into play and did not change , Omaha's possession should have ended with the two free throws taken by their player that was fouled on the shot. After the six free throws , it should have been Jacks ball. And I was surprised the officials didn't review the tape since it appeared the Omaha player delivered a punch to start the incident. I'm not sure the officials even saw that as Tyler said the Omaha player was T'ed for what he said.
              I didn't see a punch on the video stream. I saw a push after the play.

Big difference, IMHO.

And I also heard Tyler say that the O player got the T for what he said, not for the push.

I think it should have been a double-technical, not two separate T's, but no worries in the long run.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

are there highlights of the larson dunks and Techs? Not sure why it wasnt on midco sports net, they were showing jackrabbit journal when i got home from work.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  are there highlights of the larson dunks and Techs? Not sure why it wasnt on midco sports net, they were showing jackrabbit journal when i got home from work.
                  highlights http://t.co/WeEcG92QLI
                  press conference (these will come in handy once Terry V leaves) http://t.co/riQmQGAfb7

I would highly recommend getting a twitter account if you don't already have one. Athletic Dept. does a good job of getting these videos out.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    highlights http://t.co/WeEcG92QLI
                    press conference (these will come in handy once Terry V leaves) http://t.co/riQmQGAfb7

I would highly recommend getting a twitter account if you don't already have one. Athletic Dept. does a good job of getting these videos out.
                    I am trying to stay off of social media and tech stuff to much. I dont have a myfacepagebook thing so i am trying but i fear I will get twitter to keep up on these things better. I use a computer for work so thats makes it easy to stop by the forum but otherwise I try to keep off the grid as much as i can.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      or atleast during 4 days in march in SF.
                      3 days! (Hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        3 days! (Hopefully)
                        No 4 days since if your first 2 seeds you play the first day and off the 2nd and then play the 3rd and 4th day. Guess I could have said during 3 games of basketball in march in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          That was a thorough dismantling of the Mavs. They are an awful basketball team. They have some athletic players but that was one of the worst displays of basketball I've seen in a while.

My guess is their point guards that Horstman throttled last night gave the team a good tongue lashing in the locker room. That coach won't be there long. They were completely unprepared.

The Jacks just keep bringing the effort on the defensive side and dominated the game. How good is it to see Bittle back to being himself as a pesky defender and real threat on the offensive side. His feet have to be feeling better because he is a lot more active now.

Big game Saturday! That place needs to be full for these guys! And noisy!

Keep it up men!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Turns out there is no "D" in U-N-O.

Comment

Working...
                          X