Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I was going to say someone should ask terry to research the last time sdsu had a winning margin like that but then its like oh wait.....
    Well, he still has two days left, right?!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Margin of Victory At Frost
      *Conference Home Games Only

(11-12)Wolters Junior Year- 18.9
      (12-13)Wolters Senior Year- 19.3
      (13-14)Dykstra Senior Year- 9.6
      (14-15)Larson Senior Year (Through 5 Games)- 24.5
      Last edited by SanDakotaState; 01-29-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Another comfortable win. ORU is the only team to hang in there until the end against SDSU since that close loss at NDSU. It's been quite a run.

Anyone want to sell some good reserved tickets for Saturday?

There were 7 games during the group of games that you are talking about but only 2 of them have been on the road. The ORU game was one of the two games on the road and the only other one was against Omaha. SDSU looked really good in that game so I'm not saying that they can't play good on the road but it seems like it's much tougher to win on the road so I think we will truly see where we stack up when we play some more teams on the road.
        It has been a nice run though.

I think with Parks, Marshall, Larson and Bittle we have enough players that have played enough big time games that they won't get flustered on the road but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Well you know since he can't make any 3s and can only score if he's driving to the basket he should probably not shoot any 3s
          This made me laugh.

I was thinking this during the game last night.

I love message board coaches. And their proclamations.

Comment

That was a thorough dismantling of the Mavs. They are an awful basketball team. They have some athletic players but that was one of the worst displays of basketball I've seen in a while.

My guess is their point guards that Horstman throttled last night gave the team a good tongue lashing in the locker room. That coach won't be there long. They were completely unprepared.

The Jacks just keep bringing the effort on the defensive side and dominated the game. How good is it to see Bittle back to being himself as a pesky defender and real threat on the offensive side. His feet have to be feeling better because he is a lot more active now.

Big game Saturday! That place needs to be full for these guys! And noisy!

Keep it up men!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Another comfortable win. ORU is the only team to hang in there until the end against SDSU since that close loss at NDSU. It's been quite a run.

Anyone want to sell some good reserved tickets for Saturday?
              Check your inbox.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Parks, dag nab it, stop shooting threes! Five of five should be plenty for anybody!

. . .

Oh, wait, he's on the bench for the rest of the game.

*shrug*
                This is hilarious, especially after the crowing about Parks shooting too many 3 and missing. Well where are those people today? I bet they are in denial or took the day off. Gave Witness and Filbert rpts btw.

Comment

Omaha needs a new coach. This guy doesn't have a clue about defense. Even in his postgame comments, he basically said they didn't score enough. Makes no sense for UNO to put all its hopes on MBB and then continue with a coach who cannot win at this level.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Omaha is still transitioning to full D-1. They're a threat to beat any team in the league (except, maybe, the Jacks). SDSU could not say that during its Nagy-led transition years. And I say that as a Nagy supporter.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      This is hilarious, especially after the crowing about Parks shooting too many 3 and missing. Well where are those people today? I bet they are in denial or took the day off. Gave Witness and Filbert rpts btw.
                      No, see, he should be passing up wide open 3's and driving to the basket regardless of what the defense is doing because that is what he is best at! Division I basketball players can and should be 1 dimensional offensively! /sarcasm

From what I've seen, when we are playing our best basketball, nobody in the Summit can compete with us. The trick is to play our best basketball all the time.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        No, see, he should be passing up wide open 3's and driving to the basket regardless of what the defense is doing because that is what he is best at! Division I basketball players can and should be 1 dimensional offensively! /sarcasm

From what I've seen, when we are playing our best basketball, nobody in the Summit can compete with us. The trick is to play our best basketball all the time.
                        or atleast during 4 days in march in SF.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It is evident the team is playing solid. However, there are improvements popping up as the season is moving. I would guess there will be more growth for this team through the month of February. Earlier someone mentioned the higher ceiling for this team. At this point, they are building the walls a little higher each game. The team has been getting more out of more players to accomplish the growth. I am very anxious to see the rematch Saturday against the Bison.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            or atleast during 4 days in march in SF.
                            Yes, it's all fun and games up until that point. Two things I like about our odds in a tournament format:

- Defense rarely has an "off night" and this team clearly knows how to play defense.
                            - Multiple people have stepped up and handled the scoring. Parks, Marshall, Bittle, Larson, and Telly have all taken a turn at being a heavy-duty scorer. I like that much better than going with the NDSU model of relying on one guy (LA) to put up big numbers.

On the other side of the optimism scale, I definitely agree with coach Nagy's thought that it will cost the Jacks a game or two if they don't do a better job of rebounding. Hopefully they improve that before March.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Foul on a UNO layup attempt, a push by a UNO player of Severyn into the basket support after the play and retaliation by Severyn, not called a double-technical but two separate technicals. Very weird call, almost anywhere else you'd see that as a double-technical.
                              The foul on the shot and two separate technicals weren't the weirdest part of those calls. I understand people shooting free throws for both technicals and the foul but since they got fouled shooting and shot free throws, shouldn't we have got the ball? I would guess the free throws ended their possession. Not only did they get the ball after the free throws, they kept the possession arrow.
                              That means if you take the technicals out-- they shot free throws, got the ball AND kept the possession arrow!
                              Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                I am very anxious to see the rematch Saturday against the Bison.
                                The men play Denver Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X