X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STATE / U

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    It's 120-89-1.
    Well Tyler Merriam tweeted yesterday before the game that it was the 290th meeting and Jacks lead 199-89-1 and a win would then make it 200-89-1
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Well Tyler Merriam tweeted yesterday before the game that it was the 290th meeting and Jacks lead 199-89-1 and a win would then make it 200-89-1
      http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209853746

They've only met 210 total times according to SDSU sports information.

They would have had to play roughly three times a year to get to 290.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Tyler is like the rest of us and he needs to have an editor screen all of our correspondence. I intend to make no more mistakes this hour. I think we have plenty of help to find the mistakes.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I think we have plenty of help to find the mistakes.
          Isn't that the truth. Just ask me.

Comment

First chance to respond since the game.

That was one of the weirdest games I've seen in my 40+ years of going to Jacks games. Why do I say weird?
            1. I've never seen a Jacks team go down 20-0 at home or on the road. Nagy said in his comments that he has coached 601 games and he hadn't seen that.
            2. Even though we were down 20-0 I was oddly not worried about it. USD hit some tough shots. The Jacks took good shots but didn't hit. The effort from the Jacks was there unlike the starts at Denver and NDSU. It was clear that the Jacks were much, much more athletic.
            3. The 28-2 run to answer USD's 20-0 run was outstanding. I've never seen a 20-0 start so I certainly have never seen an answer like that.
            4. Cody Larson continues to own the paint. He is the most dominant player in the conference when he sets his mind to it, period.
            5. The success is 100% predicated on defensive effort. When it is there everything comes together. It was there all night Saturday.
            6. On offense the Jacks can settle for just passing around the perimeter. That becomes predictable and therefore easy to defend. When they drive with the ball or people are making cuts to the basket it creates opportunities to finish near the basket or pass out to a wide open shooter. That is when it works. My hope is that George will continue to get more aggressive in attacking off the dribble.
            7. Thumbs up to the crowd. They brought the noise.

One more home game on Wednesday night and then they need to go out and get a couple on the road. These guys are coming together. They are right in the mix and gaining confidence each time they take the floor.

There is just something about a win over USD that makes the sun shine a little brighter, food tastes a little better, and that cold beer after the game was fantastic!

Great job men!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            X