Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits @ UNI Panthers

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Thiesen and Devine go 0-5 from the field today as well. Each had some inside shots that did not fall. Hopefully the game in Denver will get these guys on track again.
    It's amazing how "off track" playing two straight top 25 teams, on the road, can make a team look. Especially considering it was their new point guard's 5th game.

This team will be fine in conference, and to be honest, that's all I care about. It's fun to watch the OOC games, but I'm not going to start calling for guys to lose playing time based on the fact that they didn't play well against two of the best teams in the country.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm expecting Larson, Devine, and Theisen to have a solid games against Denver and NDSU. Both those teams are really lacking in the post. If Parks can find his 3 point shot that he had during his juco career, the Jacks will be one tough out in the Summit. Parks is a combined 7/34 (21%) from 3 and averaging about 6 attempts from 3 since the Idaho State game. Either he needs to start knocking down jumps shots or start driving to the hole where he seems to be excelling at.

Comment

SoDakJack said it right in that ranked teams have a way of taking lesser opponents out of their game. UNI was an impressive and very well coached team. They played well offensively and held us to a low shooting percentage.

For the most part I thought our defense and rebounding effort was ok. Offensively we struggled for a long time. Finally started driving and passing inside which either led to shots or passes to open shooters on the perimeter. When the Jacks just pass around the perimeter things get very predictable and it is easy for defenders to step into lanes and pick off passes. This should improve as everyone gets more familiar with each other. They need to be aggressive. When they were yesterday they were able to score.

Telli has been really good for a freshman and if he keeps up this play it demands more PT.

As for Bittle, I wonder if he is hurting pretty bad. Just doesn't seem to have his normal, ornery self out there on either side of the court. We need him to be at his best physically and to be a leader out there.

All things considered, I think we as Jacks fans have to be very happy with the non-conference part of the season. Their record is pretty decent. Sure, they could have won a couple games that got away and probably got a win or two that they shouldn't have. Bottom line is that we now have all of the players on the court and are relatively healthy heading into the conference season. The games this weekend will be a good indicator on where the team is at. It would be fantastic to get a win at Denver but that will be tough. It's very winnable but we need to play hard, play well, and shoot the ball better.

Games matter from here on out! Time to turn up the heat!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
        X