Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Josh Mueller

Darryl,

I gues you don't think the move to DI is a good idea for SDSU. In the process of saying this you have chosen to make a few generalizations about DI athletes that would be hard to prove. Seems you are letting emotion override logic. Please direct further opinions regarding SDSU's move to the topic "DI envy" under the "other" section. Read the previous posts first, think about them, and produce an intelligent reply without broad generalizations about current DI athletes and future SDSU student athletes.

Please explain further what you mean by DI inequity. I suspect you haven't really thought critically about the issue. Your opinions will carry a lot more weight if you use facts and logic.

Good luck and let me say again, great win for USD last week and last night. I haven't seen them play that well in several years. I think they have a great shot to defeat UNO tonight and secure as high as the #4 seed in the regional. You never know, we might just meet again at the DII level and I hope, someday, at the DI level.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Darryl
      Let's first take a look at our 4th place finish this past college football season. We finished the season with 4 losses--all top 25 teams and three of four competed in the playoffs. Winona State (23-30), NDSU (0-24), UNO (17-34), and UND (24-25). Yes we did lose these games but we were in position to win all of them with the exception of NDSU. If one of these games goes our way we make the playoffs. Are you trying to tell us that our 4th place finish is terrible and we should consider our season a wash? How many times has USD's football team finished over .500 in the last six or seven years? And could you please tell me what is so "arrogant" about a 4th place team and losing to USD twice in six days? Seems like a baseless statement. Don't forget what site you are reading, jacksbball, not coyotebball. If usd had such a site I imagnie the slant of the language and verbage used would lean to usd and muellar. And Darryl, let's not forget about your real issue here. SDSU is going division 1 and now usd will have no measuring stick to base whether or not your season was a success. Enjoy your new rivalry with Augie. Didn't that game draw about 3,000 this year? Why can't the U draw fans to any games except SDSU? Because the 'yote fans only care about beating SDSU. Not championships.

Comment

Mr. Mcgrievy,
        Although "rabbitlivinginverm" defended the football season against you unlogical arguments, i will go one step further. Do you honestly think that since we declared we are a division 1 or 1AA athletic program our teams automatically turn unbeatable to any D2 school. that is ridiculous. oh wait, that is "absolutly propostrous."

First, we have always said that the NCC athletic programs our at or above some of the lower echelon of division i athletic progrmas within the country right now. We see the move as moving to the level where we should be as a whole. Instead of letting UNC and NDSU leave and then watch Division II in this area get watered down, why not move up to compete at the most competitive level our unversity and state allows us to. Or should we stay and compete against the likes of upper Iowa, Peru State, and Wisconsin-Lacrosse in football.

Second, Nothing against the athletes in our programs right now, some of them could be playing at the division 1 or iaa level, but they were recruited for a division II team. They don't automatically turn into a Division I team because SDSU is now(take that back going to be in Sept.) a divsion I school. so why would you expect the football team or the basketball team to be blowing the fellow NCC teams out of the water. The teams we have had on the fields or courts throughout the last season are still NCC teams. And in this conference, anybody can beat anybody. Jackmd is right above, if you want to entertain us with any other opinions please post them under a new thread, there are many on the subject in the other topic of this board.

Go back and think about your statement darryl, it is exactly the reason why some people in this state don't understand the idea behind the move to D1. Its not overnight, its a process. and i definately don't think its arrogance. remember one thing, this isn't bad for SDSU, and it for sure isn't bad for South Dakota.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Someone from USD imploring SDSU to ' ... keep it clean? Then he says SDSU is arrogant? For years those folks in Vermillion have looked down on SDSU and they want to call us arrogant? Put down your bong!!!

Another thing. Those three guys responsible for coming up with the idea of the famous t-shirts and saying they were doing it to bring attention to domestic abuse ... word has it that they are headed for USD law school on full scholarship. Law school officials so much liked their line of crap that they waived the entrance exam.

Comment

Darryl,
            Have you ever been to a college football/basketball game outside of South Dakota? SDSU plays at or above many D1 programs already. Your comments about not being able to recruit shows your ignorance, we will/have been able to recruit D1 caliber athletes already -as has NDSU. Our move to D1 has also prompted several(on this board I may add) to donate large sums of cash to make this move successful. and I look forward to donating more next year. I suggest that you worry about your own sorry state of affairs at usd. It would seem like there is plenty there to keep you busy for a long time. You need not look any further than your next years football schedule as evidence. What- were Dakota Wesleyan and Presentation College NOT available for games? how embarassing! Even Augie put together a nice D2 schedule. I know your deeply concerned about SDSU moving up, dont worry too much. We'll be just fine. Good luck at Peru St. and Upper Iowa next year!

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the usd bball players are in any way associated with the 3 who created the shirts or maybe even profited from those t-shirts?

Comment

Do you have some inside info about the T-Shirts RabbitLivinginVerm?

Comment

Muellers comment on the game in Vermillion in the Volante last week:

In the short term, however, when the final buzzer blew and junior guard Josh Mueller found himself in the middle of hundreds of fans, the Coyotes had achieved much more than a victory over a rival.

"You always want to say it is just one game and a win is a win, which in reality it is," Mueller said. "Everyone has a friend that goes to SDSU. Every time they talk to one of those hillbillies, they have something to talk about for a couple of months."

nice quote josh ;D a class act
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Another slice from the Volante:

Question:
                    Why did Josh Mueller take his shorts off at the end of the second half?
                    Answer:
                    He took them off because a coach on the SDSU sideline noticed blood on them. Mueller says the blood was unrelated to the injury he recieved when Richardson "bit" him.

Instead of grabbing a new pair, he traded with a teammate and started to take them off before he reached the bench area.

"I was thinking about giving (the crowd) a little more, but my mom and grandma were in the stands," Muellar says.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

class acts all around down at the u.

Comment

So here we are again... i had to come back and see how all you nameless sdsu fans were doing. not gonna mention last friday... a little to easy. big win today for the yotes. you guys have fun with metro... you always do.

shaun powers

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Powers
                        So here we are again... i had to come back and see how all you nameless sdsu fans were doing.  not gonna mention last friday... a little to easy.  big win today for the yotes.  you guys have fun with metro... you always do.

shaun powers
                        Shaun,

We play Northern State tonight.  As for having fun with Metro you are right we always do, because unlike USD, going to the Regionals is nothing new for the Biggest and the Best University in the State.  Last 10 years we have been to 8 regionals.  How many have the Mangy Dogs . . .I mean Coyotes been to?

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Shaun,

We play Northern State tonight.  As for having fun with Metro you are right we always do, because unlike USD, going to the Regionals is nothing new for the Biggest and the Best University in the State.  Last 10 years we have been to 8 regionals.  How many have the Mangy Dogs . . .I mean Coyotes been to?

Go State!
                          LOL Yeah, what the hell would the Coyotes know about playing Metro?

Comment

It's good to see muller, king, turner, and steve a. racking up the minutes today. It'll show if they can keep winning. Can someone tell me how mueller is a finalist for the Bob Cousy award if he can't make the all ncc team or all region team? Powers-we would love the chance to play the yote's again. Good luck tomorrow and yes, we will enjoy playing metro.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. How do you get nominated for that award. It's a disgrace to the Celtic great Bob Cousy to have a jerk like Mueller up for an award that bears Bobs name..

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Shaun,

Go State!
                                To answear my own question since Shaun hasn't, USD has been to 10 total. Scott Nagy coached teams have almost out done the entire histroy of USD basketball by themselves.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X